winesoiree

quality posts: 13 Private Messages winesoiree
primussucks wrote:Stainless Steel, eh? Hmm, that gives me an idea...

I've got a ton of rare earth magnets that I pulled from a bunch of old server hard drives, and if I go to Lowes and pick up a dozen or so Large Stainless Steel Nuts (should have a slightly higher iron content then medical stainless) I could integrate the magnets into a coaster that will hold the Nuts from the freezer to the bottom of the glass, and since they are Stainless they will have the inherited anti-bacterial properties as well as be resistant to absorbing odor...

Dang, the work day won't end quick enough for me to put this one to trial...

...And if it doesn't work, I can still use the nuts in other projects around the house...

UPDATE: Picked up 5 SS Nuts from Lowes during lunch, and while they do have some magnetic properties, it might not be strong enough for the magnates I have. Won't know that until I get off work...

Ps: I forgot to mention that magnets will change the flavor of beverages, liquor/wine/coffee in particular. So be careful with what or how intense of a magnet you introduce to your beverage. #tinkeron

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
winesoiree wrote:
And please keep them away from kids or kinky friends. They're cold and can freeze to the skin, not in a Christmas Story way, but treat them with common sense. And of that is not concise enough please call us, we're happy to know what you're drinking and help you get that beverage to optimal temp - safely!

I joke....somewhat, but if you wanted that, why offer them on woot, the land of flying monkeys and bacon everything? Hah.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

winesoiree

mdctreeguy wrote:Do these have any negative impact on glassware?

No. Short of being dropped on to. Thrown at. Or other.

Tilt was designed to be glass friendly. They're hand polished stainless steel and I have yet to see them mar or scratch any of my glasses. Further, the included hook, will help ensure safe entry and removal from your beverage, guacomole, cevichè, or etc.

I designed tilt as a response to some other products that were popular for whisky yet completely counterintuitive and made of a material that would scratch glass and have flavor memory.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 561 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rrussell wrote:Okay... how the hell did you take a photo of a reflective sphere without having the camera visible?

I hope you're not retouching the pics. That would just be... well... I guess it wouldn't be anything bad. Just a bit anticlimactic.

PS TT I still don't have my pony

I asked photography but they refuse to disclose their magic.

PS: I'll see what I can do.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

winesoiree

North316 wrote:I joke....somewhat, but if you wanted that, why offer them on woot, the land of flying monkeys and bacon everything? Hah.

Because not only do I sell here. I buy here, I'm a wooter and want you guys to have my wares.

And one can never be to careful, not everyone is born a professional flying monkey or baconista!

winesoiree

ThunderThighs wrote:I asked photography but they refuse to disclose their magic.

PS: I'll see what I can do.

I have tried photographing these darn things so many times. They're a nightmare. But retouch is evident in the black reflection on right side of ball, and bottom shadow is a bit jagged. The main hot-spot probably fixed with radial gradient and Was feathered in with kungfu skills. And they got real clever with the white reflectors and hiding in the cracks. Kudos to the woot photo crew, they got the samples on Monday.

rrussell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rrussell
winesoiree wrote:I have tried photographing these darn things so many times. They're a nightmare. But retouch is evident in the black reflection on right side of ball, and bottom shadow is a bit jagged. The main hot-spot probably fixed with radial gradient and Was feathered in with kungfu skills. And they got real clever with the white reflectors and hiding in the cracks. Kudos to the woot photo crew, they got the samples on Monday.

Yeah, after posting, I zoomed in on the photos and sort of figured the camera was hiding in the shadow just outside the lightbox - the gap there is very strategifically placed.

And thanks to.. well, whoever it was who posted the link to the nekkid dude reflected in the teapot. Fortunately, I already ate lunch today.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
Damaso wrote:Is also $25.99 on amazon, prime eligible.

I Googled it too and Amazon was $29.99. ¿

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

winesoiree wrote:Because not only do I sell here. I buy here, I'm a wooter and want you guys to have my wares.

And one can never be to careful, not everyone is born a professional flying monkey or baconista!

I like this guy. He's making a strong go of it as a designer/manufacturer. and he's funny (behind the scenes as well).

Expect to see more from his collection here on wine.woot.

I say welcome !

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
MichXelle wrote:I Googled it too and Amazon was $29.99. ¿

Read the entire thread. The price changed and conspiracies abound.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ThunderThighs

Staff

winesoiree wrote:I have tried photographing these darn things so many times. They're a nightmare. But retouch is evident in the black reflection on right side of ball, and bottom shadow is a bit jagged. The main hot-spot probably fixed with radial gradient and Was feathered in with kungfu skills. And they got real clever with the white reflectors and hiding in the cracks. Kudos to the woot photo crew, they got the samples on Monday.

YOU GAVE AWAY THEIR MAGIC!!!!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Soiree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soiree

I also need to make clear to you all, that we have 2 different packaging styles of Tilt. This deal is for 2 of our Tilt Singles, which come with a storage bag and plastic retrieval hook/ garnishing stick.
http://soireehome.com/product/tilt/

Please do not confuse this with the Tilt twin which has metal hooks and rubber stands. Some of the early wooters may have crossed this connection when referencing amazon.com.

happy wooting
(pardon the redundancy)

[MOD: No advertising pls]

flynhghr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flynhghr

What is the Recovery time? I would probably want a minimum of 4, but need to know how long they need to chill (at 20 deg F) before they're ready.

edit: *And now, everyone's thinking ZOMG, What a LUSH!**

iluvmyritz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iluvmyritz
adum wrote:Check out this DrinkHacker review: http://www.drinkhacker.com/2013/01/27/experiment-ice-vs-whisky-stones-vs-tilt-chilling-sphere/

The Tilt actually gets colder the longer it is in the glass and beat whiskey stones and ice!

I use em' and they have become another set of balls I can't live without.

TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!

diaindigo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diaindigo

Why aren't these brass....?

KGM

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

I don't think I can safely buy these without being hated by everyone I know. I would end up doing this every time:

[MOD EDIT: Deleted. Something about dipping some foreign object into something else.]

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
prttymf8 wrote:I don't think I can safely buy these without being hated by everyone I know. I would end up doing this every time:

[MOD EDIT: Something about dipping some foreign object into something]

Awww come on, he was talking about the golf balls he was holding.

picojeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picojeff

I just received my order, and there's only one Tilt in the box. Isn't the woot for a pair of spheres?

ThunderThighs

Staff

picojeff wrote:I just received my order, and there's only one Tilt in the box. Isn't the woot for a pair of spheres?

Ruh-roh. Yes, the sale was for two. Email support@woot.com so they can look into this.

UPDATE: WD has checked and indeed, only singles were sent. They are scurrying to ship the remainder of your order by early this week.

Sorry for the problem.

dsuttonWOOT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsuttonWOOT
ThunderThighs wrote:Ruh-roh. Yes, the sale was for two. Email support@woot.com so they can look into this.

UPDATE: WD has checked and indeed, only singles were sent. They are scurrying to ship the remainder of your order by early this week.

Sorry for the problem.

I also only received one. Any idea when we can expect the second one? Will emails be going out? Thanks!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dsuttonWOOT wrote:I also only received one. Any idea when we can expect the second one? Will emails be going out? Thanks!

They're on their way to you already. If you check STUFF YOU BOUGHT, you should see a second tracking number there. An email should have gone out with it but I can't verify that. Check your spam.