quality posts: 1614 Private Messages Cesare

Soiree Tilt Chilling Sphere 2-Pack
$19.99 $̶3̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 47% off List Price

Website

Amazon

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

Whiskey spheres!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum

With my luck I would take a sip and end up with a chipped tooth.

jonbeazles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonbeazles

from all the reviews i can find, these things are good at keeping things cold. what im wondering though, is when you raise your glass to drink from it, does the thing roll and smack you in the teeth/mouth/face??

Damaso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Damaso

From the amazon page:

"tilt is center weighted to always sit right side up and won't roll out of your glass"

jonbeazles wrote:from all the reviews i can find, these things are good at keeping things cold. what im wondering though, is when you raise your glass to drink from it, does the thing roll and smack you in the teeth/mouth/face??

Damaso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Damaso

Is also $25.99 on amazon, prime eligible.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

The little stirrer/hooker thing is such a simple and elegant solution. $20 is still rather steep for 2.

I wish my sphere ice molds came with little hook holes.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Won't the ball just freeze the surrounding liquid, thereby creating an insulation layer, and possibly damaging subtle flavors, so the rest of the drink is prevented from cooling?

Anyone got a video?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

adum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adum

Check out this DrinkHacker review: http://www.drinkhacker.com/2013/01/27/experiment-ice-vs-whisky-stones-vs-tilt-chilling-sphere/

The Tilt actually gets colder the longer it is in the glass and beat whiskey stones and ice!

I use em' and they have become another set of balls I can't live without.

greenblaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenblaster
Damaso wrote:Is also $25.99 on amazon, prime eligible.

Even for those without Prime, that's beyond the $25 required for free shipping.

RetlawST

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RetlawST

I'm actually quite fond of the photography techniques used for the pictures. Not fond enough to spend $25 for an ice replacement, however.

jonbeazles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonbeazles

but can't it still slide out of the glass?

Damaso wrote:From the amazon page:

"tilt is center weighted to always sit right side up and won't roll out of your glass"

breaddrink

quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink
jonbeazles wrote:but can't it still slide out of the glass?

However it's weighted, I presume it doesn't manage to defy gravity though?

If you tip the glass up and back while drinking, it will fall towards your face unless there is there anchoring it.

winesoiree

quality posts: 13 Private Messages winesoiree

I designed the tilt. It is a sphere and will not defy gravity, but we're working on that . If you pay attention to when you drink, you usually have the glass at slight decline away from your mouth or barely even. The tilt sphere has a weight in the bottom of it, this is to make sure the tilt's hook is always right side up to easily be picked up with the included garnishing stick / retrieval hook. Secondly, the weight at the bottom of the ball, will cause a hesitation which helps prevent the tilt from just rolling out as if it were a pinball (hence the name tilt). In summation, they can roll out of the glass, but it's pretty much the last sip you need to be watchful of.

And yes. If you are concerned for your teeth or iced out grill, remove the tilt from your drink before you sip.

And oh ya. No one talked about how these are great for foods. Use them in cold soups, serving dips outdoors, cooling down hot soups/teas/coffee and whatever you want to use them for. Once you have them in the freezer you'll find tons of fun uses.

I love em for wines on the deck, coconut water, and craft ginger sodas. And of course bourbon or your spirit of choice.

Cheers!

breaddrink wrote:However it's weighted, I presume it doesn't manage to defy gravity though?

If you tip the glass up and back while drinking, it will fall towards your face unless there is there anchoring it.

winesoiree

That's an interesting concept and I have yet to see that happen. It's has medical grade non toxic freezer solution inside of it. So the core is very energy respondent, making the tilt a very even and steady chilling sphere. They chill a drink slowly, so they should not "shock" the chemistry of a beverage which is evident in the drink hacker review (there is a link posted in the comment just below your original post).

And here is our brand video:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=2-mGxGoc8yY

Lmk any other questions.

ckeilah wrote:Won't the ball just freeze the surrounding liquid, thereby creating an insulation layer, and possibly damaging subtle flavors, so the rest of the drink is prevented from cooling?

Anyone got a video?

mdctreeguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdctreeguy

Do these have any negative impact on glassware?

baybiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baybiz
factotum wrote:With my luck I would take a sip and end up with a chipped tooth.

My thought exactly!!!

brle10415

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brle10415
Damaso wrote:Is also $25.99 on amazon, prime eligible.

Gee, and now Amazon is showing them at $29.99. Isn't that amazing...

carazzie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carazzie
brle10415 wrote:Gee, and now Amazon is showing them at $29.99. Isn't that amazing...

"I always feel like, somebody's watching me" lol Since Amazon now owns Woot! you'd think they would have thought of that BEFORE the avid Wooter!s did their due diligence! They think they're so clever!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

carazzie wrote:"I always feel like, somebody's watching me" lol Since Amazon now owns Woot! you'd think they would have thought of that BEFORE the avid Wooter!s did their due diligence! They think they're so clever!

We wish we could coordinate things with them but as an independent subsidiary, it doesn't work that way. The price change probably means that the 3rd party vendor that had them at $19.99 sold out. Or they saw so many hits on their page, they raised the price. I dunno.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rrussell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rrussell

Okay... how the hell did you take a photo of a reflective sphere without having the camera visible?

I hope you're not retouching the pics. That would just be... well... I guess it wouldn't be anything bad. Just a bit anticlimactic.

PS TT I still don't have my pony

bobjjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobjjones
rrussell wrote:Okay... how the hell did you take a photo of a reflective sphere without having the camera visible?

I hope you're not retouching the pics. That would just be... well... I guess it wouldn't be anything bad. Just a bit anticlimactic.

I'm glad the designer had the pictures taken that way instead of him taking this dude's lead:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+teaforten/posts/gvMSgPxsYop

Me!

eneref

quality posts: 13 Private Messages eneref
rrussell wrote:Okay... how the hell did you take a photo of a reflective sphere without having the camera visible?

It's possible the main pic (with the glass) is retouched, but it could also be done with clever angling. If you look at the other pics, you can see rather clearly the lightbox they're in along with the unexposed shadow areas around the edge (the dark lines). You could put the cam in a shadow area and keep it dark enough to remain unexposed while zooming on the sphere in the lightbox.

endoarts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages endoarts

Lookin' like a good replacement "set" for Jaws!!!

sarag693

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarag693

Can it handle chilling hot liquid? I'm just pondering the iced coffee potential... Would be damaged by fresh coffee? Would be able to chill the coffee rather than just make it room temp?

anddreus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anddreus

Kids will find these in the freezer and use them to cool down any drink.
I wonder why the weight is not on the specs.

The sphere has to be heavier than water to sink.
A 2" sphere has a volume of 4.188790205333333 cubic inch x water density = 2.426 ounce or 68.779 gram.
Did I do the math right?

Since kids always tilt the glass all the way, this is heavy enough to cause a chipped tooth.

Just a thought.

zuiquan

quality posts: 23 Private Messages zuiquan
anddreus wrote:Kids will find these in the freezer and use them to cool down any drink.

A 2" sphere has a volume of 4.188790205333333 cubic inch x water density = 2.426 ounce or 68.779 gram.
Did I do the math right?

Since kids always tilt the glass all the way, this is heavy enough to cause a chipped tooth.

Just a thought.

And it's a parent's job to monitor their children and teach them right from wrong or dumb from not dumb. If they're chipping adult teeth with these then maybe they've got larger issues.

primussucks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages primussucks

Stainless Steel, eh? Hmm, that gives me an idea...

I've got a ton of rare earth magnets that I pulled from a bunch of old server hard drives, and if I go to Lowes and pick up a dozen or so Large Stainless Steel Nuts (should have a slightly higher iron content then medical stainless) I could integrate the magnets into a coaster that will hold the Nuts from the freezer to the bottom of the glass, and since they are Stainless they will have the inherited anti-bacterial properties as well as be resistant to absorbing odor...

Dang, the work day won't end quick enough for me to put this one to trial...

...And if it doesn't work, I can still use the nuts in other projects around the house...

UPDATE: Picked up 5 SS Nuts from Lowes during lunch, and while they do have some magnetic properties, it might not be strong enough for the magnates I have. Won't know that until I get off work...

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:We wish we could coordinate things with them but as an independent subsidiary, it doesn't work that way. The price change probably means that the 3rd party vendor that had them at $19.99 sold out. Or they saw so many hits on their page, they raised the price. I dunno.

Second time something akin to this has now occurred. iirc the explanation the first time was rather humorous.

CT

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 31 Private Messages skispeakeasy
ThunderThighs wrote:We wish we could coordinate things with them but as an independent subsidiary, it doesn't work that way. The price change probably means that the 3rd party vendor that had them at $19.99 sold out. Or they saw so many hits on their page, they raised the price. I dunno.

In most cases the vendor (not Amazon) has complete control over the product and pricing. Amazon is way too busy with fulfillment and site management to be concerned with price fixing.

Vendors usually raise their prices when they see a product selling quickly. This slows down sales to allow more time for stock to be replenished so their product page does not disappear.

Done and done! ;)

FiveFig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FiveFig
skispeakeasy wrote:In most cases the vendor (not Amazon) has complete control over the product and pricing. Amazon is way too busy with fulfillment and site management to be concerned with price fixing.

Vendors usually raise their prices when they see a product selling quickly. This slows down sales to allow more time for stock to be replenished so their product page does not disappear.

You are too funny.
How often have you seen the price on something go up just because it starts selling quickly?
If Vendors did this all the time like you would LIkE us to believe, then websites like Slickdeals.net would not exist.

Please take your corporate disinformation elsewhere please, it's insulting.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
primussucks wrote:Stainless Steel, eh? Hmm, that gives me an idea...

I've got a ton of rare earth magnets that I pulled from a bunch of old server hard drives, and if I go to Lowes and pick up a dozen or so Large Stainless Steel Nuts (should have a slightly higher iron content then medical stainless) I could integrate the magnets into a coaster that will hold the Nuts from the freezer to the bottom of the glass, and since they are Stainless they will have the inherited anti-bacterial properties as well as be resistant to absorbing odor...

...And if it doesn't work, I can still use the nuts in other projects around the house...

UPDATE: Picked up 5 SS Nuts from Lowes during lunch, and while they do have some magnetic properties, it might not be strong enough for the magnates I have. Won't know that until I get off work...

Why do you need the coaster? A flat magnet glued to the outside bottom of the glass is all you need.

primussucks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages primussucks
dliidlii wrote:Why do you need the coaster? A flat magnet glued to the outside bottom of the glass is all you need.

Ah, but that would limit it to just one glass...

Plus, by having the magnetic apparatus removable, when you're done with the glass, simply remove the coaster and the nuts can simply be dumped out of the glass.

And these aren't your ordinary magnets: a couple years ago I was using two of them to hold some metal together while I was working with it and they slipped, unfortunately my pinky got in the way and the bloody things snapped it...

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 31 Private Messages skispeakeasy
FiveFig wrote:You are too funny.
How often have you seen the price on something go up just because it starts selling quickly?
If Vendors did this all the time like you would LIkE us to believe, then websites like Slickdeals.net would not exist.

Please take your corporate disinformation elsewhere please, it's insulting.

I'm speaking form personal experience as a seller myself. If your product sells out, the Amazon product page disappears from search completely. It's in the vendor's best interest to raise the price when it looks like it's going out of stock to they don't loose product placement to competitors.

Done and done! ;)

zuiquan

quality posts: 23 Private Messages zuiquan
skispeakeasy wrote:Amazon is way too busy with fulfillment and site management to be concerned with price fixing.

Edited for brevity and also because I don't disagree with your other points. However, there are people that get paid quite well to write algorithms for just such an occasion. That takes the human factor out and lets the program decide when to raise/lower prices and effectively puts the system on auto-pilot. They don't need to worry about price watching taking away from order fulfillment since there's a program already running that's doing all the work.

winesoiree

Hopefully it was our company talking to our 3rd party sellers that like to sell items below MAP (minimum advertised price) which is an industry standard and something that we all *hate* about amazon. (But pls know amazon won't step in because of price fixing fears).

And in case you wanna delve into the headaches of being a designer/manuf/seller: we in turn we end up having a few "bottom feeder" aka low-price cowboys out there that think amazon is their driveway (personal flea market) and they can sell anything at any price, which in turn screws over our retailers that promote us, have physical stores, educate customers, & celebrate the classical notion of the American dream. I digress. But the prices on amazon should be higher, & not shift to a dailymarket price. If amazon in fact enabled a 24 hour lag on price adjustments, the future for us wooters would be simple, b/c we would always know that woot has the best price, plain & simple.

You can blame the small company's like ours that try to help maintain a general retail price and are fighting the good fight against bottom feeders who are only out for a quick buck. it is these low price sellers that do not educate, & could care less if they're selling the 3 wolf shirt, thigh masters, or stainless steel chillers. You should feel better shopping at Wal Mart who at least shows basic integrity vs buying product from some low price opportunist, but I get it, it's your money.

Diatribe over.
Carry on and buy some tilt's

winesoiree

Just FYI Tilt is made of 306SS which is food grade stainless steel & not magnetic. 400series SS is magnetic and what we know as "surgical grade" hence your magnets don't stick to your fancy SS fridge but your nice chef knives hang on the magnet strip on the wall. Well maybe depending on your kitchen.

And if you're thinking what I am thinking just wait 2 months and we can sell you put next product: Dimple, but I get it, I like tinkering with stuff too!

Link to dimple - our self chilling glassware:
http://soireehome.com/product-category/dimple/

Cheers.

primussucks wrote:Stainless Steel, eh? Hmm, that gives me an idea...

winesoiree

anddreus wrote:Kids will find these in the freezer and use them to cool down any drink.

Did I do the math right?

Just a thought.

The tilt sphere weighs 71grams. Didn't include the weight for any specific reason, but always assumed that gel filled stainless steel would have no problem sinking against water, ohh were you implying we should have made them float...?

And please keep them away from kids or kinky friends. They're cold and can freeze to the skin, not in a Christmas Story way, but treat them with common sense. And of that is not concise enough please call us, we're happy to know what you're drinking and help you get that beverage to optimal temp - safely!

winesoiree

sarag693 wrote:Can it handle chilling hot liquid? I'm just pondering the iced coffee potential... Would be damaged by fresh coffee? Would be able to chill the coffee rather than just make it room temp?

Yes! No problem dropping a tilt into hot coffee! And due to a simple rule of energy exchange, one tilt may chill 4-8oz of hot coffee, and one tilt will only make a small dent in the temp of your 'venti'. You may want to use a few tilts for a large hot coffee that you want chilled. But if you have Luke warm coffee and put 2 tilts in it, it should have a nice chill by the 8 minute mark ~ or so.

Go for it they're fun.!