Caravel White Blend 5-Pack
$65.99 $̶1̶1̶2̶.̶0̶0̶ 41% off List Price
NV Caravel California White Blend
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

#2 of three 'brown bag' bottles we tasted at Kyle's a few weeks ago. This one was rather tasty, depending on your preferences. Lacking notes (Sparky?) I recall it as moderately crisp with citrus and some floral notes, with a bit more complexity than expected. Seeing the blend, I now understand why. Drank well on it's own and paired with cilantro-lime shrimp, and would work with other lighter fare. A reasonable value at this asking price.
And here is the back label woot omits, I expect since it's generally pretty worthless, except for url's and UPC's.

Would be interested in a bit more info, pH, TA, RS and such, should we have a winery spotting.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen

I really enjoyed the previous offer of Caravel Zinfandel. Great winery participation as well. Hopefully Anuj (or another of the 3 partners) will stop by today. I am wondering what are the percentages for each varietal in the blend? Thanks and it's nice to see Caravel (Outcast) back on wine.woot!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of July 7

The Dog Days of Summer have arrived. Why not cool down that puppy with a White Wine or Sangria gathering? Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

July
7/13: SoCal #27: Sparky & zTimBz Wine Locker Redux (Sukieasa in town)
7/20: NorCal #19: Theme Still Under Discussion

August
8/3: NorCal #?: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
8/3: Minnesota #21 8-3-13
8/10: Omaha #1: Is there critical mass?
8/10 & 8/17: zTimBz's Bday / SoCal #28 - If we open them, he will come
8/24: The Wootception!!!

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:#2 of three 'brown bag' bottles we tasted at Kyle's a few weeks ago. This one was rather tasty, depending on your preferences. Lacking notes (Sparky?) I recall it as moderately crisp with citrus and some floral notes, with a bit more complexity than expected. Seeing the blend, I now understand why. Drank well on it's own and paired with cilantro-lime shrimp, and would work with other lighter fare. A reasonable value at this asking price.
And here is the back label woot omits, I expect since it's generally pretty worthless, except for url's and UPC's.

Would be interested in a bit more info, pH, TA, RS and such, should we have a winery spotting.

I never saw the shrimp you speak of. (Kyle, Can you either confirm or deny that there was in fact delicious shrimp at this party?) I did have a cheeseburger though. Oh and the wine was nice but not my wife's style. She drinks most of the white in the house so she picks em. She did really enjoy the bottle Kyle opened the Halcon Prado.

I didn't spend enough time with this to give it a proper review (too busy chatting with old and new friends) so I'll leave it to the only guy at the party with a notebook. Cough, sparky, cough...............

CT

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I can confirm there was delicious shrimp on the table. One of my +1 actually brought it up today.

When I tried this bottle I was thoroughly confused. Kyle said he thought Sauvignon Blanc, I thought Chardonnay. We were both right, apparently.

This wine was easy to drink, but didn't provide the crisp acidity or heavier mouthfeel to the extent I prefer in my whites- It was more of a middle ground. At this price, it would be great for parties.

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

We had this wine at the last DFW Woot dinner a couple of weeks ago. Color was a very pale yellow. Not much on the nose, some citrus notes, leaning towards lime. Not too tart, a bit of sweetness, with a short finish.

It was a decent pairing for the Thai food we had. Couldn't tell the grape variety and now looking at the web site I can see why. I am a red drinker, so this wine didn't do anything for me, but YMMMV. I'm sure some would find this as a nice summer sipper or party wine.

Z

outcastwine

quality posts: 4 Private Messages outcastwine
chipgreen wrote:I really enjoyed the previous offer of Caravel Zinfandel. Great winery participation as well. Hopefully Anuj (or another of the 3 partners) will stop by today. I am wondering what are the percentages for each varietal in the blend? Thanks and it's nice to see Caravel (Outcast) back on wine.woot!

The blend consists mostly of Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay. The 2 varietals make up 80%+ of the blend. You can pick up crisp apple and citrus flavors at the start with the other varietals (Pinot Gris, Semillon blanc, Muscat and Viognier) adding the sweeter notes towards the finish.
Enjoy this great offering!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
zmanonice wrote:We had this wine at the last DFW Woot dinner a couple of weeks ago. Color was a very pale yellow. Not much on the nose, some citrus notes, leaning towards lime. Not too tart, a bit of sweetness, with a short finish.

It was a decent pairing for the Thai food we had. Couldn't tell the grape variety and now looking at the web site I can see why. I am a red drinker, so this wine didn't do anything for me, but YMMMV. I'm sure some would find this as a nice summer sipper or party wine.

Z

Note stealer!! Although I agree that it was off-dry.

I like both whites and reds, but this doesn't inspire me to add to my overflowing wine locker.

And I can attest that there was shrimp there. Shrimp Cilantro Lime from Costco on the table when zTimBz and I made our entrance.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

outcastwine

zmanonice wrote:We had this wine at the last DFW Woot dinner a couple of weeks ago. Color was a very pale yellow. Not much on the nose, some citrus notes, leaning towards lime. Not too tart, a bit of sweetness, with a short finish.

Z

This is Peter, one of the partners in the winery. I found this wine especially suitable with shrimp or seafood salads but also with spicy food.
Like one of the wooters mentioned earlier, this is a great wine to serve at a party and it pleases the crowds everytime it is being served + it is an exceptional value for its quality.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:When I tried this bottle I was thoroughly confused. Kyle said he thought Sauvignon Blanc, I thought Chardonnay. We were both right, apparently.

Ha! I picked up on one varietal and you the other. Super interesting!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

Like others have said, this was tasted at my house at the last So Cal gathering. I enjoyed it and I think the price is quite fair. This is a seafood wine 100% and this would be a buy for me if I were buying.

Winery: can we please get some stats? pH? TA? RS? Oak treatment? Any MLF?

outcastwine

kylemittskus wrote:Like others have said, this was tasted at my house at the last So Cal gathering. I enjoyed it and I think the price is quite fair. This is a seafood wine 100% and this would be a buy for me if I were buying.

Winery: can we please get some stats? pH? TA? RS? Oak treatment? Any MLF?

No oak/ NO MLF / fermentation in stainless steel tank

TA: 0.57
PH: 3.46
RS: 1%

outcastwine

kylemittskus wrote:Ha! I picked up on one varietal and you the other. Super interesting!

Interesting that you picked up the 2 main varietals in the blend!

We created the wine to bring about the "best of both worlds" so to speak in 1 blend and added the other varietals to offer interesting (sweeter) notes at the finish.

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

TT: Can you PM me a phone number for wine woot customer service. I send an email about an issue with an order about 2 weeks ago with no answer or response, to date. I would like to speak to someone about it. Thanks

kylemittskus

bobrush12866 wrote:TT: Can you PM me a phone number for wine woot customer service. I send an email about an issue with an order about 2 weeks ago with no answer or response, to date. I would like to speak to someone about it. Thanks

No phone #s exist. Email them again and/or check your spam.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bobrush12866 wrote:TT: Can you PM me a phone number for wine woot customer service. I send an email about an issue with an order about 2 weeks ago with no answer or response, to date. I would like to speak to someone about it. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. I would recommend that you email in again.
I will also forward your post and see if I can't get you a response.

Thanks for your patience.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
outcastwine wrote:Interesting that you picked up the 2 main varietals in the blend!

We created the wine to bring about the "best of both worlds" so to speak in 1 blend and added the other varietals to offer interesting (sweeter) notes at the finish.

I continue to be amazed at the talents many here demonstrate on an almost daily basis. That they nailed this didn't surprise me at all.

What are the blending %'s here?

CT

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply. I would recommend that you email in again.
I will also forward your post and see if I can't get you a response.

Thanks for your patience.

I already did that...I'm just starting to get perturbed by the whole thing. I've been wooting here since May-06 and as a long-time wine wooter, I have expectations of a reasonable response or a phone call from customer service...maybe I shouldn't...LOL

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bobrush12866 wrote:I already did that...I'm just starting to get perturbed by the whole thing. I've been wooting here since May-06 and as a long-time wine wooter, I have expectations of a reasonable response or a phone call from customer service...maybe I shouldn't...LOL

Woot Member Services do not phone members about their orders but are usually very quick to respond and resolve an issue.

Like I said, I've forwarded your post along to them to see if I can't expedite a response.

In the meantime, I recommend that you also check the spam folder of your email provider as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

outcastwine

Hello all Wooters again! Anuj here for those who remember the last time I was here. Sorry been a turbulent week for health in our family. I am behind on everything including tending to the warm thoughts of my customers and friends.
I hope you have decided to buy some of this delightful wine! It is a Wooter's dream.. This has been a flagship wine for our customers. Every wine tasting event we do, this is a hit. Especially during those warm summer days. Enjoy this deal and this wine, I promise you will love it!

cortot20 wrote:I never saw the shrimp you speak of. (Kyle, Can you either confirm or deny that there was in fact delicious shrimp at this party?) I did have a cheeseburger though. Oh and the wine was nice but not my wife's style. She drinks most of the white in the house so she picks em. She did really enjoy the bottle Kyle opened the Halcon Prado.

I didn't spend enough time with this to give it a proper review (too busy chatting with old and new friends) so I'll leave it to the only guy at the party with a notebook. Cough, sparky, cough...............

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Note stealer!! Although I agree that it was off-dry.

I like both whites and reds, but this doesn't inspire me to add to my overflowing wine locker.

And I can attest that there was shrimp there. Shrimp Cilantro Lime from Costco on the table when zTimBz and I made our entrance.

You got the lateatizers then. ( Appetizers put out after the main meal has started to console those who do not have working time pieces.)

CT

outcastwine

Chip, how goes! Thanks for your positive thoughts on our previous wine.. I particularly love this wine as it was the wine that got my wife into drinking with me.. She loves it for the pear and apple tingle she gets each time she takes a sip, along with how easy it is to enjoy with her girlfriends. We run out of this one often and go back to our wine team to recreate a new version almost every year.
Cheers!
Anuj

chipgreen wrote:I really enjoyed the previous offer of Caravel Zinfandel. Great winery participation as well. Hopefully Anuj (or another of the 3 partners) will stop by today. I am wondering what are the percentages for each varietal in the blend? Thanks and it's nice to see Caravel (Outcast) back on wine.woot!

outcastwine

rjquillin wrote:I continue to be amazed at the talents many here demonstrate on an almost daily basis. That they nailed this didn't surprise me at all.

What are the blending %'s here?

Approximately:
45% Sauvignon Blanc
35% Chardonnay
10 % pinot gris
5 % viognier
and a splash of Muscat, Semillon Blanc

outcastwine

Nice call folks.. Primary Blends are Chard and Sauv Blanc.. For me the primary blends are " I have not a clue" I just love the way it all came out... As you have probably learned, I am the least technical of our team. I just have a passion for sharing wine with friends.. As I love to say, we are known for "creating occasional unpredictability" at social gatherings

kylemittskus wrote:Ha! I picked up on one varietal and you the other. Super interesting!

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
outcastwine wrote:Chip, how goes! Thanks for your positive thoughts on our previous wine.. I particularly love this wine as it was the wine that got my wife into drinking with me.. She loves it for the pear and apple tingle she gets each time she takes a sip, along with how easy it is to enjoy with her girlfriends. We run out of this one often and go back to our wine team to recreate a new version almost every year.
Cheers!
Anuj

Hi Anuj, nice to see you and Peter stop by and thanks for creating these easy-drinking, enjoyable and affordable wines!

outcastwine

Thanks Chip. Great to have our wine here to share with more folks around the globe.

Cheers!

chipgreen wrote:Hi Anuj, nice to see you and Peter stop by and thanks for creating these easy-drinking, enjoyable and affordable wines!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

I did have Ron's shrimp at the SoCal gathering! I also tasted this offer and thought it was enjoyable though nothing stood out. I agree with most that this would be a party pleaser. Only whites I thoroughly enjoy are bone dry Sauv Blancs and the ocassional PG. The Caravel had a touch of sweetness that was not obtrusive but not my style. Wife liked it, though.

"The older I get the better I was"

outcastwine

Try this wine at your next brown bag Wine contest. Promise it will come out on top..

losthighwayz wrote:I did have Ron's shrimp at the SoCal gathering! I also tasted this offer and thought it was enjoyable though nothing stood out. I agree with most that this would be a party pleaser. Only whites I thoroughly enjoy are bone dry Sauv Blancs and the ocassional PG. The Caravel had a touch of sweetness that was not obtrusive but not my style. Wife liked it, though.