Pomorosso Barbera d' Asti 2-Pack
$79.99 $̶1̶4̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 46% off List Price
2008 Pomorosso Barbera d' Asti
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

Am I reading this right? A Barbera a d' Asti?! Usually when I see a d' Asti, it's a moscato.

Has anyone had this before and could offer some notes and/or feedback?

Thanks in advance ;-)

chasbikr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chasbikr

Since when is CO off the shipping list?

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
coolchris160 wrote:Am I reading this right? A Barbera a d' Asti?! Usually when I see a d' Asti, it's a moscato.

Has anyone had this before and could offer some notes and/or feedback?

Thanks in advance ;-)

I believe the (Barbera) d'Asti is the specific appellation and the only thing in common with Moscato d'Asti is that the grapes are both grown in the Asti sub-region of Piedmont in Italy.

I have not had the wine so can offer nothing more.

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

Just in case you are wondering what that pink label on the bottle means, here's a quick link:

http://www.venere.com/blog/italian-wine/

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

It's pretty sweet to see the Non US Saturday wines back even if it comes with a much shorter state list.

I am hoping that a wine like this comes with some woot community tasting notes though. $40 a bottle is a significant chunk of change without a very high recommendation

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

In for 2!

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:It's pretty sweet to see the Non US Saturday wines back even if it comes with a much shorter state list.

I am hoping that a wine like this comes with some woot community tasting notes though. $40 a bottle is a significant chunk of change without a very high recommendation

Agreed, especially for a wine priced significantly higher than most examples that I've seen from this appellation.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
klezman wrote:Agreed, especially for a wine priced significantly higher than most examples that I've seen from this appellation.

QFT. This is low-mid level Barolo prices.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

eluofthenine

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eluofthenine

I love Barbera, and I'm super excited to see an import wine show up on woot. I'm super close to clicking the button, but at this price I'm needing some more discussion participation. That's what makes woot so great! If this were a 2 page thread with lots of positive comments my curiosity would be peaked, but as it stands the lack of excitement is contagious. We need some rodents for this type of offering at the very least, and it would be nice to see the winery come through as well. I would like to see more international offers so I hope woot can find a way to help them become more popular.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

eluofthenine wrote:I love Barbera, and I'm super excited to see an import wine show up on woot. I'm super close to clicking the button, but at this price I'm needing some more discussion participation. That's what makes woot so great! If this were a 2 page thread with lots of positive comments my curiosity would be peaked, but as it stands the lack of excitement is contagious. We need some rodents for this type of offering at the very least, and it would be nice to see the winery come through as well. I would like to see more international offers so I hope woot can find a way to help them become more popular.

it's saturday! if we get two pages of comments today, i'll eat a boot.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

eluofthenine

PemberDucky wrote:it's saturday! if we get two pages of comments today, i'll eat a boot.

Well how about not providing individuals with random recent experience of the offers, or moving them to a more active day of the week? Like Thursdays. I don't even check woot on Thursdays anymore. Then you could change Thursday offers to Saturday?

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
eluofthenine wrote:Well how about not (?) providing individuals with random recent experience of the offers, or moving them to a more active day of the week? Like Thursdays. I don't even check woot on Thursdays anymore. Then you could change Thursday offers to Saturday?

+1

eluofthenine

"not"
;-)

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
eluofthenine wrote:Well how about not providing individuals with random recent experience of the offers, or moving them to a more active day of the week? Like Thursdays. I don't even check woot on Thursdays anymore. Then you could change Thursday offers to Saturday?

+1

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
eluofthenine wrote:Well how about not providing individuals with random recent experience of the offers, or moving them to a more active day of the week? Like Thursdays. I don't even check woot on Thursdays anymore. Then you could change Thursday offers to Saturday?

+1