WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Wines With No Particular Reason To Be Sold Together

This week on Cellar Island: Healdsburg's got a secret... tensions between Clayhouse and Ardente come to a head... and Woot Cellars drops the F-Bomb! Which of the cellarmates will get voted off first?



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1597 Private Messages Cesare

Wines With No Particular Reason To Be Sold Together

Healdsburg Ranches 2009 North Coast Zinfandel 12-Pack
$99.99 $̶1̶5̶7̶.̶0̶0̶ 36% off List Price
2009 Healdsburg Ranches North Coast Zinfandel

Woot Cellars F-Bomb 2012 Riesling Blend 6-Pack
$59.99 $̶1̶,̶0̶1̶7̶.̶0̶0̶ 94% off List Price
2012 Woot Cellars F-Bomb 2012 Riesling Blend

Clayhouse Estate Rhone 2011 White Blend 4-Pack
$64.99 $̶1̶0̶4̶.̶0̶0̶ 38% off List Price
2011 Estate Cuveé Blanc, Red Cedar Vineyard Paso Robles

Ardente Estate Winery Mixed 6-Pack
$114.99 $̶2̶8̶7̶.̶0̶0̶ 60% off List Price
1996 Ardente Espressione Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grand Reserva
2006 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grande Reserva
2007 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley, Grand Reserva

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

emmabean2000


quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Ah, Fredente! Popped a bottle of the 96 last night to celebrate the 4th. Decanted for 8 hours. Continues to be the wife's favorite. Such beautiful dark colors and a smooth finish. SWMBO will harm me if I do not consider. I have yet to try a later year. How similar in structure are they to the 96?

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Cesare wrote:Wines With No Particular Reason To Be Sold Together



Slacker!


Previous Clayhouse Estate Rhone White Blend offer on March 11.


Luckily, I was First Sucker on that one, so I can hold out (maybe!) this time. Maybe.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I bit on the Riesling and now I wish I hadn't. I like dry white wines. Sounds like the 2011 would have been more to my liking.

At least the label is different.

emmabean2000


quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Wow. 94% off on the Fbomb? How can one pass up this deal!

cortot20


quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20

My brief notes on the clay house.

12/13/2012: Light golden color, nose is primarily pineapple and citrus. Palate is crisp with a nice round finish. Recommended at under $20.

My wife basically said that she liked it but only would purchase again at a cheaper price point.
17.5 a bottle last time. 19.63 a bottle this time shipped to SoCal.

CT

aprilbolin


quality posts: 2 Private Messages aprilbolin

Wish the Ardente was just 1996. Even with several that had bad corks, when the cork worked, it was fantastic. (Heck, I strained the cork ones and even with bits still left in it, it was alright). (Woot did refund the corked ones, btw). I just haven't tried the 06 and 07 ones so I'm not sure I want to spend the money on this offer.

jsp872


quality posts: 22 Private Messages jsp872
aprilbolin wrote:Wish the Ardente was just 1996. Even with several that had bad corks, when the cork worked, it was fantastic. (Heck, I strained the cork ones and even with bits still left in it, it was alright). (Woot did refund the corked ones, btw). I just haven't tried the 06 and 07 ones so I'm not sure I want to spend the money on this offer.



The '07 is exellent, just make sure you decant for atleast 2 hours.
PnP had very green taste profiles.
But once you decant, you can see this wine will develop well in the next several years.
Im my opinion, in 4 to 5 years it will drink well.

I posted tasting notes last time it came up but im too lazy to dig for it

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
emmabean2000 wrote:Ah, Fredente! Popped a bottle of the 96 last night to celebrate the 4th. Decanted for 8 hours. Continues to be the wife's favorite. Such beautiful dark colors and a smooth finish. SWMBO will harm me if I do not consider. I have yet to try a later year. How similar in structure are they to the 96?



Fredente!.lol

Just received this set last week, did Pull a 96 out Wednesday, never disappoints, pulled the trigger yesterday on the RBW Red blend

nathanbsmith


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

In for 2 (more) Ardente Estate Winery Mixed 6-Packs! I thought for sure the 1996 and 1997 would have sold out by now... lucky me This brings my total count of Ardente up to 31 bottles.

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

rileywoof


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rileywoof

Any info on the Healdsburg Ranch Zins? Good deal or bad, respectable or lackluster, past purchases?

lamcjunk


quality posts: 7 Private Messages lamcjunk

The Healdsburg was last offered in December. We bought, we drank, but unfortunately we didn't take notes!

http://wine.woot.com/offers/healdsburg-ranches-zinfandel-12

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
rileywoof wrote:Any info on the Healdsburg Ranch Zins? Good deal or bad, respectable or lackluster, past purchases?



their Cab was a nice everyday wine, would buy again if offered.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
nathanbsmith wrote:In for 2 (more) Ardente Estate Winery Mixed 6-Packs! I thought for sure the 1996 and 1997 would have sold out by now... lucky me This brings my total count of Ardente up to 31 bottles.



but this one doesn't offer the 97 only 96, 2006 & 2007, where did you pick up the 97?

chipgreen


quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
fredrinaldi wrote:their Cab was a nice everyday wine, would buy again if offered.


Agreed, just drank a bottle the other day - nice QPR on the Healdsburg Ranches Cab! Have not tried the Zin, however.

nathanbsmith


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith
fredrinaldi wrote:but this one doesn't offer the 97 only 96, 2006 & 2007, where did you pick up the 97?



fredrinaldi, Sorry, I didn't mean to add confusion to this woot deal. I purchased the 1997 on a previous wine.woot offer. I was just surprised to see the 1996 was still available. I've got the following Ardente cabs in my cellar: 1996 (6), 1997 (4), 2002 (5), 2006 (8), 2007 (8).

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
nathanbsmith wrote:fredrinaldi, Sorry, I didn't mean to add confusion to this woot deal. I purchased the 1997 on a previous wine.woot offer. I was just surprised to see the 1996 was still available. I've got the following Ardente cabs in my cellar: 1996 (6), 1997 (4), 2002 (5), 2006 (8), 2007 (8).


Darn I was hoping the 97 was still around.


chipgreen


quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
fredrinaldi wrote:Darn I was hoping the 97 was still around.


I really wanted to get my hands on the '01 but I think that was the first vintage to disappear. I only have the '97 and '02 on hand so happy to have picked up this deal as well as some of the Clayhouse.

beachbumli247


quality posts: 0 Private Messages beachbumli247
Cesare wrote:

Woot Cellars F-Bomb 2012 Riesling Blend 6-Pack
$59.99 $̶1̶,̶0̶1̶7̶.̶0̶0̶ 94% off List Price
2012 Woot Cellars F-Bomb 2012 Riesling Blend



You might want to check the list price on that one, I think you may have added an extra 0 in there.

mjrumore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjrumore

F-Bomb has become the Invicta of wines with their MSRP

merbill


quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
mjrumore wrote:F-Bomb has become the Invicta of wines with their MSRP



Ha!

I think I need to split the F-2 with somebody in SoCal.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

mst3kguy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mst3kguy
mjrumore wrote:F-Bomb has become the Invicta of wines with their MSRP



BEST POST EVER!

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mjrumore wrote:F-Bomb has become the Invicta of wines with their MSRP



You mean my $60 watch isn't really worth $700?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
merbill wrote:Ha!

I think I need to split the F-2 with somebody in SoCal.



check your PM soon

aprilbolin


quality posts: 2 Private Messages aprilbolin

Broke down and bought more Ardente, even though I have absolutely no room in my storage for anything else and still have a case on the way from another website I will refrain from naming. But every bottle of Ardente (without cork problems) has been delicious. Couldn't resist. Just wish there was more of the 97. And that I hadn't been so greedy with drinking it when I first got it. I only have 3 97s left.