kchoschton


quality posts: 17 Private Messages kchoschton

There was interest in Atl when I was super preggers back in January but haven't heard about anything since. Any atlantan's or north georgian's still interested? Here's the thread from the previous group: http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5315846&pageindex=1&replycount=24

Thanks in advance!

lbcrooks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lbcrooks

I would be interested!

kchoschton wrote:There was interest in Atl when I was super preggers back in January but haven't heard about anything since. Any atlantan's or north georgian's still interested? Here's the thread from the previous group: http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5315846&pageindex=1&replycount=24

Thanks in advance!



jhkey


quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

We're interested as well. I started the first thread, but timing didn't work out.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

Synos10


quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

Interested as well

kchoschton


quality posts: 17 Private Messages kchoschton

Yay! Thanks for the feedback. How do we want to do this? Maybe the 3rd or 4th weekend in September? Will you vote for your availability the 21st, 22nd, 27th or 28th? I can host, but 1. have three cats and a dog, so if someone is allergic or afraid, it might not be a good fit, and 2. I have an almost 6 month old, so, again, if someone is allergic or afraid, it might not be a good fit. I'm ITP in the Northlake area. If you are more centrally located and want to host, or if we want to meet at a restaurant, that works. Esp. because I don't get a chance to get out of the house much nowadays.

jhkey


quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
kchoschton wrote:Yay! Thanks for the feedback. How do we want to do this? Maybe the 3rd or 4th weekend in September? Will you vote for your availability the 21st, 22nd, 27th or 28th? I can host, but 1. have three cats and a dog, so if someone is allergic or afraid, it might not be a good fit, and 2. I have an almost 6 month old, so, again, if someone is allergic or afraid, it might not be a good fit. I'm ITP in the Northlake area. If you are more centrally located and want to host, or if we want to meet at a restaurant, that works. Esp. because I don't get a chance to get out of the house much nowadays.



The second weekend works better for us. We can host as well, we have a dog, a 3 year old and 10 month old. We live in Candler Park, we are also happy to come over to your place.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

kchoschton


quality posts: 17 Private Messages kchoschton
jhkey wrote:The second weekend works better for us. We can host as well, we have a dog, a 3 year old and 10 month old. We live in Candler Park, we are also happy to come over to your place.



I'm good with that. You want to host the 1st and I'll host the 2nd?

jhkey


quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
kchoschton wrote:I'm good with that. You want to host the 1st and I'll host the 2nd?



Sounds good. Can you update your first post with attendance list, let's see if we can get a few folks.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

cjsiege


quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

kchoschton -- would you please update the thread title with the date? That will make it more obvious when you all will be getting together. Thanks!

Synos10


quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

I've forgotten to look at this thread for a while now, but I'm still interested in joining as well. I'd offer to host but my apartment isn't conducive to entertaining.

jhkey


quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

UPDATE: Probably not a good idea for us to host if we're doing the weekend of 9/28. There will be a festival in my neighborhood all weekend, so parking and traffic will be horrible. Anyone else want to host?

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

WilfBrim


quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

Still interested here. Have a great basement for a gathering, but no furniture in it as yet.

At any rate, I'm wondering how relevant it is anymore: Georgia appears to be off the Woot shipping list into the indefinite future.

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

The atlanta area is my very old stomping ground (Old is probably the wrong word, but I grew up there.) I might be able to swing something depending the day. It is a long drive for me, but lets see what we get going

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

jhkey


quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

I'm still interested and definitely have plenty of wooted wine in the cellar.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

mrkevinkiley


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrkevinkiley

Would be interested in joining if this comes together. Please add me +1 to the list.

scataldo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scataldo

I'm not a wine expert by any stretch but will follow the thread and would love to join if it all comes together. I'm probably too far north of Atlanta to host but will bring wine and food as needed. As for GA being off the shipping list, my understanding is that we can receive shipments if there are no GA retailers carrying the specific wine (not necessarily the winery). Someone can correct me if I'm misinformed.