WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Ice cubes in wine are....
  • 10.1% - Essential when it's hot out! 155
  • 33.1% - OK sometimes! 507
  • 56.7% - Absolutely unforgivable! 868
1530 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

You know Dante's Inferno?

Yes, the 9th circle.

jenaa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenaa

only acceptable in sangria. Otherwise, an abomination.

This is an interesting change in disappointments.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

This is how you make instant "Diet Wine"

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

32 degrees

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

oclafretep

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oclafretep

As sacrilegious as it may be, I do put ice cubes in a Rose every now and again.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser
jenaa wrote:only acceptable in sangria. Otherwise, an abomination.

I agree

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Never!

"The older I get the better I was"

boatshoes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages boatshoes

Putting frozen grapes in the wine keeps it cool without diluting it as much. Only with cheap wine, only when it's hot outside.

Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

What about the reusable ice cubes that won't water it down? That's okay, right?

bhodilee

thumperchick wrote:What about the reusable ice cubes that won't water it down? That's okay, right?

if it keeps it at cellar temp for drinking I give it my blessing, which counts for nothing (as well it should)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bsanf3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsanf3

In just wine, I wouldn't even think of adding ice.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
jenaa wrote:only acceptable in sangria. Otherwise, an abomination.

nope... not even in sangria

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
boatshoes wrote:Putting frozen grapes in the wine keeps it cool without diluting it as much. Only with cheap wine, only when it's hot outside.

I like a frozen cube of watermelon in the occasional rose. sort of the minimalist's sangria...

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

Right to the top, You bet.. But Never in Beer...

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mdkopper wrote:Right to the top, You bet.. But Never in Beer...

But why not? It's not like it would really make a difference in Coors Lite.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mdkopper

ddeuddeg wrote:But why not? It's not like it would really make a difference in Coors Lite.

Now ya see, you wine o's don't know much about Good beer...

"Always keep 24 can's of beer in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got 24 can's of beer in the fridge". - MDKopper

bhodilee

mdkopper wrote:Now ya see, you wine o's don't know much about Good beer...

"Always keep a 24 can's of beer in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a 24 can's of beer in the fridge". - MDKopper

We know lots about good beer, We don't compute all about Coors Light. Not being Werewolves, silver bullets affect us none.

waaronbenson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waaronbenson

I'm a wine expert AND a beer expert. Pretty good with whiskey too. And I'd say the "beer" I assume you're referring to probably benefits from ice, since it tastes like piss if it gets too warm

robertwooddellweaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertwooddellweaver

In a Riesling, with Woodruff and strawberries. Have to let the woodruff infuse long enough to let it referment and get it lightly sparkling.

ddeuddeg

mdkopper wrote:Now ya see, you wine o's don't know much about Good beer...

"Always keep 24 can's of beer in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got 24 can's of beer in the fridge". - MDKopper

I love it! Now to get you drinking beer that isn't even available in cans.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

bhodilee wrote:We know lots about good beer, We don't compute all about Coors Light. Not being Werewolves, silver bullets affect us none.

ddeuddeg

waaronbenson wrote:I'm a wine expert AND a beer expert. Pretty good with whiskey too. And I'd say the "beer" I assume you're referring to probably benefits from ice, since it tastes like piss if it gets too warm

I'll have to take your word for it. Never tasted it, myself.

mdkopper

ddeuddeg wrote:

To much wine...

ddeuddeg

mdkopper wrote:Too much wine...

IFTFY

mdkopper

What a 4th! My personal best, 27 cans of Cold, (No ice in it) Coor's..

bhodilee

mdkopper wrote:What a 4th! My personal best, 27 cans of Cold, (No ice in it) Coor's..

straight Coors is surprisingly good. Banquet Beer! While there are many better options, of the mass produced crap, it may be my new favorite. What the hell part of the country are you in, cause we'll steer you towards something far far better.

mdkopper

bhodilee wrote:straight Coors is surprisingly good. Banquet Beer! While there are many better options, of the mass produced crap, it may be my new favorite. What the hell part of the country are you in, cause we'll steer you towards something far far better.

Upstate NY..

bhodilee

mdkopper wrote:.
Upstate NY..

crap, you're right in the thick of prime wooter country then I think. I'm in the midwest so any recommendations I'd give you probably can't get.

cingen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cingen

Some people are all about the snooty red wine drinking it at room temp. Well, I 've got news for you...red wine used to be drank at cellar temp which runs around ~55 or so. Which does not mean 85 degrees and corky! Get a grip on your wine, people.

bhodilee

cingen wrote:Some people are all about the snooty red wine drinking it at room temp. Well, I 've got news for you...red wine used to be drank at cellar temp which runs around ~55 or so. Which does not mean 85 degrees and corky! Get a grip on your wine, people.

I've got more news for you, most of us know that. Still no reason to put ice in the wine. Possibly set your glass in an ice bath, but never ice in the glass!

mickg01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickg01

It's the same as good Whiskey.

The only thing to add is MORE

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
wanderbug2 wrote:I like a frozen cube of watermelon in the occasional rose. sort of the minimalist's sangria...

Great idea.

My friend did champagne/sparkling wine with orange juice ice-cubes. Didn't work out too well. Que Syrah.

ddeuddeg

curtisuxor wrote:Great idea.

My friend did champagne/sparkling wine with orange juice ice-cubes. Didn't work out too well. Que Syrah.

I suppose it could have worked in a mimosa.

watson95

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watson95
mdkopper wrote:Right to the top, You bet.. But Never in Beer...

One dose Not put ice in wine!

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

My wife likes white wine ice cold, so she'll throw an ice cube or two in a glass thats not chilled enough. Do I care, not really. I just don't buy her anything pricey. $15 max.

CT

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester
cingen wrote:Some people are all about the snooty red wine drinking it at room temp. Well, I 've got news for you...red wine used to be drank at cellar temp which runs around ~55 or so. Which does not mean 85 degrees and corky! Get a grip on your wine, people.

Oh good...I thought it was just me who enjoys my wine chilled and not room temp. I saw you can make ice cubes from leftover wine, therefore not dilute your wine when you want to keep it cool while drinking.