MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:Best to let go of that.

But, but, but .... oh fine!

Edit: Otolith!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
ddeuddeg wrote:That must have been one heck of a dream. I don't think this could be written better. WD should just copy it as is.

I agree. Quite perfect for its purpose.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:I got one of those, too. Should have deleted it without reading it. Actually called me a "fellow teacher." Scary thought, that a teacher would start out sarcastic like that, and not even recognize it even after it's pointed out.

Chopped liver, again.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:That must have been one heck of a dream. I don't think this could be written better. WD should just copy it as is.

otolith wrote:My thoughts exactly.

kylemittskus wrote:I agree. Quite perfect for its purpose.

aww, you guys...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Chopped liver, again.

Count your blessings, amigo.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

Phew, now I don't have to keep it a secret anymore.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
ddeuddeg wrote:I got one of those, too. Should have deleted it without reading it. Actually called me a "fellow teacher." Scary thought, that a teacher would start out sarcastic like that, and not even recognize it even after it's pointed out.

Glad I missed out on that.

Just caught up on a weeks of (lengthy) pubs.

Happy July 3rd folks!

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Count your blessings, amigo.

Thus the happy face!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Phew, now I don't have to keep it a secret anymore.

It must have been killing you!!

ddeuddeg

klezman wrote:Oh happy day! Tracking numbers and links are back in woot shipping emails!! Woohoo!

And, in less than 24 hours, wine has arrived. For $3 extra, it was worth knowing it would be here before we leave for Barcelona.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cheron98 wrote:Phew, now I don't have to keep it a secret anymore.

???

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:???

The Iron Horse

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
otolith wrote:???

The secret of what today's offer was going to be. A certain Joyful person gave us some insider info when we asked about obtaining some bubbly for the Wootception.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:The secret of what today's offer was going to be. A certain Joyful person gave us some insider info when we asked about obtaining some bubbly for the Wootception.

But I was looking forward to the Cold Duck!!!

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:But I was looking forward to the Cold Duck!!!

We can get you some, but then you won't be able to have any Iron Horse

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Looking for some smoking advice

Planning to smoke a picnic shoulder and pork butt. A little off in size, picnic is about 4.5 lbs and butt is nearly 9 lbs. Thinking that the larger one on top will be hotter and cook faster? Am I correct?

And particularly for Bowtie and Doc O, since they have the same brand of smoker. I would like to smoke some sausage while I do the pork. I figure that they will take less time and could dry out. So can I take them out without losing too much heat? Or am I better off not trying to cook both at the same time?

Finally, I am thinking of the memphis dust rub for the pork. Would you recommend it?

(And to all those that gave me great advice on smoking a full pork loin - Thanks. They were gone when we went back to the store, but we now know that we can grab one for smoking.)

Happy 4th everyone.

EDIT: I am not smoling until Friday, so not last minute. Just last hour.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Happy early 4th!!! Got one kid back home... He got 4th place in the nation!!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:We can get you some, but then you won't be able to have any Iron Horse

Well, I suppose I can sacrifice and suffer drinking Iron Horse.

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:Happy early 4th!!! Got one kid back home... He got 4th place in the nation!!

Congrats! Nice job!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:suffer drinking Iron Horse.

Pretty sure this is an oxymoron.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, I suppose I can sacrifice and suffer drinking Iron Horse.

And suffer you shall!

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Pretty sure this is an oxymoron.

Methinks thou art in vacation mode already. Iron Horse is not an oxymoron!!!

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:And suffer you shall!

I like my response better.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:I like my response better.

A- for the effort, but an F for execution. So an overall grade of "C" ... as in "C" you there!

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:I like my response better.

I wasn't trying to be better. How can I top the sophisticated snarkery that you have perfected?

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Methinks thou art in vacation mode already. Iron Horse is not an oxymoron!!!

Of course, Iron Horse is not an oxymoron. Suffer drinking it is an oxymoron.

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

Now for some homemade Strawberry Rhubarb pie. Nom, nom!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Congrats! Nice job!

Thanks! He, of course, is disappointed his group didn't get 3rd or better... but I am soo proud!!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Now for some homemade Strawberry Rhubarb pie. Nom, nom!

I think you guys need to move to a nice warm climate.....hint hint... near me... so I can come over and steal your fresh cooked/baked yummies!!!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
mommadeb1 wrote:Happy early 4th!!! Got one kid back home... He got 4th place in the nation!!

Wow! Congrats!

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
polarbear22 wrote:Looking for some smoking advice -snip-

I just had a total flashback to my mom telling some thuggy-looking kids, back in the 70's or so, that smoking would stunt their growth.

Also: smoked pork. Drool.

ddeuddeg

At last! Worth the wait, it was delicious.

ddeuddeg

mommadeb1 wrote:I think you guys need to move to a nice warm climate.....hint hint... near me... so I can come over and steal your fresh cooked/baked yummies!!!

I spent about 7 hours working on the lawn and gardens today in 89° heat. That's warm enough for me. I guess you'll just have to move north.

cheron98

My dad makes awesome strawberry rhubarb pie. I keep hinting for him to make it but he hasn't. Sadness.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Ooops, posted in the wrong forum.

That being said, I hope everyone is having a nice evening.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Of course, Iron Horse is not an oxymoron. Suffer drinking it is an oxymoron.

Technically it is not. Two words of contradictory meaning are used together to constitute an oxymoron. Such as "jumbo shrimp", "military intelligence", or even "wise fool".

And did anyone know we can now zoom in on the offer pics??? How long has this been going on?

MarkDaSpark

Happy Independence Day !!!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Looking for some smoking advice

Planning to smoke a picnic shoulder and pork butt. A little off in size, picnic is about 4.5 lbs and butt is nearly 9 lbs. Thinking that the larger one on top will be hotter and cook faster? Am I correct?

And particularly for Bowtie and Doc O, since they have the same brand of smoker. I would like to smoke some sausage while I do the pork. I figure that they will take less time and could dry out. So can I take them out without losing too much heat? Or am I better off not trying to cook both at the same time?

Finally, I am thinking of the memphis dust rub for the pork. Would you recommend it?

(And to all those that gave me great advice on smoking a full pork loin - Thanks. They were gone when we went back to the store, but we now know that we can grab one for smoking.)

Happy 4th everyone.

EDIT: I am not smoling until Friday, so not last minute. Just last hour.

That’s how I would put them in the smoker. Smoke the sausage at the same time and don’t worry about losing too much heat. It’ll warm up soon enough, and water bath will help stabilize the temp.
I love the Memphis Dust rub. Highly recommend it.

Off to get the brisket ready (using this recipe), and a bottle for tasting that may or may not be offered here tomorrow. 

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:
And did anyone know we can now zoom in on the offer pics??? How long has this been going on?

About a week maybe? Works on high res photos only so some of the sales where we have vendor art may not zoom.

Cool, huh?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:About a week maybe? Works on high res photos only so some of the sales where we have vendor art may not zoom.

Cool, huh?

About time. Could do that on the Mother Ship site for a long time now.

Cool would be having the order beamed directly to me.