bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yup, that it was....and it went so well that we had to sign up for a big ole package of 10 more private dance instruction sessions, which includes 4 group dance sessions & 4 dance parties.

Great! You won't be able to get all those in before your wedding will you?

Betsy!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

CAGrl: check your PMs.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
JOATMON wrote:Is that true? Now that same sex couples can take advantage of the federal inheritance rules, I would think that estate planning would be easier for them.

It is, and everyone's wills, etc., are all wrong all of the sudden.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:Great! You won't be able to get all those in before your wedding will you?

Betsy!

Why are you calling Otolith, Betsy?

Et tu, bahwm?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
kylemittskus wrote:CAGrl: check your PMs.

Thanks!

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:'08 Hillebrand Showcase Cabernet Franc, Carlton's Vineyard. Eat your heart out.

Damn. I had a bottle of Italian wine open that I felt the requirement to finish. Canadian wine another night, I guess.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Damn. I had a bottle of Italian wine open that I felt the requirement to finish. Canadian wine another night, I guess.

Didn't have any Molson, Moosehead, or Labatt in the house?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Didn't have any Molson, Moosehead, or Labatt in the house?

Molson (Coors), Labatt (Anheuser-Busch), Bah! Want Canadian beer, best stick with Moosehead.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
bahwm wrote:Great! You won't be able to get all those in before your wedding will you?

Betsy!

Most likely not, but we will be able to use any additional sessions later on. We'll be getting in 2 private sessions tonight, another 2 on Friday, and hopefully another two on Saturday. Then we'll try for a couple more near the end of the month, with also trying to get in a few of the group things. Anything else we'll use up later.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Most likely not, but we will be able to use any additional sessions later on. We'll be getting in 2 private sessions tonight, another 2 on Friday, and hopefully another two on Saturday. Then we'll try for a couple more near the end of the month, with also trying to get in a few of the group things. Anything else we'll use up later.

Good luck with all of that! It's tougher at the beginning when you have so many things to remember with no muscle memory. Have fun with it!

We have a lot to build on so now, some things become easier. But our instructor is now being really picky about things like foot placement, hand, arm & head placement & who knows what else . But, she's prepping us for our test in Oct.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

klezman

ddeuddeg wrote:Molson (Coors), Labatt (Anheuser-Busch), Bah! Want Canadian beer, best stick with Moosehead.

Unibroue generally has some options out here in CA. But if I want good Canadian beer I have to bring it back with me from Canada. Creemore Lager, Amsterdam Nut Brown or Framboise, Upper Canada Maple Brown Ale, etc etc

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

Oh happy day! Tracking numbers and links are back in woot shipping emails!! Woohoo!

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Oh happy day! Tracking numbers and links are back in woot shipping emails!! Woohoo!

Dang Klez, what have you (NOT) been buying lately?
These have been working again since the end of April.
Time for a 72 hour time-out?

Consume more, purchase more.
It's the wine.woot way.

CT

kylemittskus

How inappropriate (?) or arrogant is this comment from the winery? I think I'm pretty bothered by it, but I don't want to jump too early. The bold parts are particularly bothersome, IMO.

almesawinery wrote:I am very confused! You can't be talking about Almesa Syrah. I have poured our wines for a lot of people and I have never heard anyone say our wine was "under-ripe","green", or bitter. I think you need to take notes next time. Our syrah is smooth and soft on the palate. The first thing you'll notice when you taste our syrah is big fruit that fills your mouth and then becomes velvet smooth and finishes with a smooth lingering of light smokey oak. No tannins or bitterness. These are tasting notes that better describe Almesa Syrah.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:How inappropriate (?) or arrogant is this comment from the winery? I think I'm pretty bothered by it, but I don't want to jump too early. The bold parts are particularly bothersome, IMO.

Agreed, I'm debating how to respond to it.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

North316 wrote:Agreed, I'm debating how to respond to it.

So it begins.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
kylemittskus wrote:So it begins.

Yeah, I actually opened one just an hour or so ago. I am not getting the same notes as you guys, so I'm thinking you might have had an off bottle or travel shock or etc...

I tried to reframe it to the winery that this was a possibility as well.

I was a bit taken aback by the dismissiven tone as well.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
trifecta wrote:I was a bit taken aback by the dismissiven tone as well.

I have no problem showing my disdain for such snarky comments.

Probably from their "marketing" team none-the-less.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

I tried to be diplomatic. Depending on the winery's response, I'll either remain so or be myself.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
kylemittskus wrote:I tried to be diplomatic. Depending on the winery's response, I'll either remain so or be myself.

Well done. I have a suspicion that this is just a marketing rep or tasting room manager who has "poured for X number of people" and not the winemaker. I am trying to withhold judgement on their participation until we know more.

I am consistently surprised (probably should stop though) at how much wineries underestimate the community here. With their very first post they can destroy their chances of a successful sale. Hopefully they backpeddle some so that David, Neil, etc can feed their kids.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
kylemittskus wrote:I tried to be diplomatic. Depending on the winery's response, I'll either remain so or be myself.

I thought your response was very well written. So very unlike your usual self And still managed to get a few snarks in.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

kylemittskus

cheron98 wrote:I thought your response was very well written. So very unlike your usual self And still managed to get a few snarks in.

Thank you.

cheron98

trifecta wrote:I am consistently surprised (probably should stop though) at how much wineries underestimate the community here.

I seem to remember WD talking about making some kind of "winery rep etiquette" sheet to hand out to the new wineries. Something like "Welcome to Wine.Woot! A few things you should know before your offer goes live - this is a community of knowledgeable wine drinkers from many backgrounds, including those who have been raised in the wine industry themselves. What you say and how you say it can affect their opinions of the offer itself and positively or negatively impact the sale of your product. When you first post, you should introduce yourself - who you are, your affiliation to the winery, etc. This will assist the community in knowing how much you were involved in the actual production of the offer, and will allow them to phrase their questions accordingly. Please remember to check back often throughout the day to answer questions, as the community is active, and posts come in around the clock. We look forward to working with you and getting you involved in our truly unique community!"

Or maybe I dreamed it up and it's something that should be done...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You are all being very diplomatic. I appreciate your efforts.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:You are all being very diplomatic. I appreciate your efforts.

Don't thank me yet. It could still get ugly.

cheron98

kylemittskus wrote:Don't thank me yet. It could still get ugly.

Don't think you'll need to

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Don't thank me yet. It could still get ugly.

I guess you-know-who isn't popping in to ask about newer vintages?

Although they have a Syrah (Iago) that looks to be Port-style! That might be interesting!!

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:How inappropriate (?) or arrogant is this comment from the winery? I think I'm pretty bothered by it, but I don't want to jump too early. The bold parts are particularly bothersome, IMO.

Yes, that was well done. What would bowtie have said?

CT

cheron98

rjquillin wrote:Yes, that was well done. What would bowtie have said?

needs more sake?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:Yes, that was well done. What would bowtie have said?

Bowtie would not expect them to come out and say, you know what, we suck at making wine and we're just trying to offload it on you. He would have paid exactly zero attention to the winery and moved on to more important things, like mastering third person speech and building a rap career.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

It rained here all day yesterday... This morning we saw the sun for a few hours now it poured so much, we have standing water in our front yard.... I know we need the rain.... but..... not all at once!!

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
bhodilee wrote:Bowtie would not expect them to come out and say, you know what, we suck at making wine and we're just trying to offload it on you. He would have paid exactly zero attention to the winery and moved on to more important things, like mastering third person speech and building a rap career.

Hmm, don't know why it's not loading. I'll take another stab at it.
IFTFM!

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Dang Klez, what have you (NOT) been buying lately?
These have been working again since the end of April.
Time for a 72 hour time-out?

Consume more, purchase more.
It's the wine.woot way.

Last thing I purchased before the 2009/11 SH Barbera and Lucas J Pinot was the Diamond Ridge CF on April 3. Like I said, trying to reduce the buying and increase the drinking!

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

This time tomorrow I'll be boarding a plane to California. Can't wait to be back in good weather! In other news, my "air conditioner" is running at 82 degrees. WHY!?

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:I guess you-know-who isn't popping in to ask about newer vintages?

Although they have a Syrah (Iago) that looks to be Port-style! That might be interesting!!

Got a PM from said individual titled something like "hi before goodbye" after I ripped into him/her in last weeks pub. I deleted it before reading it though. My thought was it must be a real goodbye/slap of some kind. So hopefully no more of that nonsense.

CT

cheron98

"So you brought over the bottle of wine but no glasses?"

"I had a bowl of ice cream in one hand and the bottle in the other. I ran out of hands. What? I had the important stuff."

You can drink wine without glasses, but the glasses are useless if you don't have the wine

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:I seem to remember WD talking about making some kind of "winery rep etiquette" sheet to hand out to the new wineries. Something like "Welcome to Wine.Woot! A few things you should know before your offer goes live - this is a community of knowledgeable wine drinkers from many backgrounds, including those who have been raised in the wine industry themselves. What you say and how you say it can affect their opinions of the offer itself and positively or negatively impact the sale of your product. When you first post, you should introduce yourself - who you are, your affiliation to the winery, etc. This will assist the community in knowing how much you were involved in the actual production of the offer, and will allow them to phrase their questions accordingly. Please remember to check back often throughout the day to answer questions, as the community is active, and posts come in around the clock. We look forward to working with you and getting you involved in our truly unique community!"

Or maybe I dreamed it up and it's something that should be done...

That must have been one heck of a dream. I don't think this could be written better. WD should just copy it as is.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:I guess you-know-who isn't popping in to ask about newer vintages?

Best to let go of that.

ddeuddeg

cortot20 wrote:Got a PM from said individual titled something like "hi before goodbye" after I ripped into him/her in last weeks pub. I deleted it before reading it though. My thought was it must be a real goodbye/slap of some kind. So hopefully no more of that nonsense.

I got one of those, too. Should have deleted it without reading it. Actually called me a "fellow teacher." Scary thought, that a teacher would start out sarcastic like that, and not even recognize it even after it's pointed out.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
ddeuddeg wrote:That must have been one heck of a dream. I don't think this could be written better. WD should just copy it as is.

My thoughts exactly.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir