Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
CAGrl wrote:Love clarified butter!!!!

But there's hardly any flavor! All (most of) the flavor is in the buttermilk! Might I possibly suggest a beurre monte?

Betsy!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
Itwdswafo wrote:But there's hardly any flavor! All (most of) the flavor is in the buttermilk! Might I possibly suggest a beurre monte?

Betsy!

If you'll come make it, I'm game!

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
mother wrote:If you'll come make it, I'm game!

Pffft, you provide the lobster, I'll provide the beurre monte! One of the easiest butter sauces out there...

Speaking of lobster, I have plans for a lobster cookout 2nd weekend of August. If you're in the area, stop by!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
JOATMON wrote:We are hiring. Lots of jobs listed (I can get some sense of where we are headed by the job openings).

One of the openings is for a patent attorney. Is that in your wheelhouse?

Who do you work for, JOATMON?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:Who do you work for, JOATMON?

if patent attorneys are in demand probably Apple or Samsung. They own all the patents in the world.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
klezman wrote:Thanks, eh?
Maybe I should open a bottle of Canadian wine tonight!

+1 and ditto what ddeuddeg posted!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
JOATMON wrote:We are hiring. Lots of jobs listed (I can get some sense of where we are headed by the job openings).

One of the openings is for a patent attorney. Is that in your wheelhouse?

I wish. I completely regret not doing IP law especially considering where I live. I do trust and estate law right now but looking to do other things if it'll get me a job. Not sure how much use I would be with my limited experience in IP for Samsung.

CAGrl

bhodilee wrote:if patent attorneys are in demand probably Apple or Samsung. They own all the patents in the world.

Samsung

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
Itwdswafo wrote:Pffft, you provide the lobster, I'll provide the beurre monte! One of the easiest butter sauces out there...

Speaking of lobster, I have plans for a lobster cookout 2nd weekend of August. If you're in the area, stop by!

Can arrange the first, and I'll let you know on the second!

CAGrl wrote:I wish. I completely regret not doing IP law especially considering where I live. I do trust and estate law right now but looking to do other things if it'll get me a job. Not sure how much use I would be with my limited experience in IP for Samsung.

With the changes w/r/t DoMA and the Prop 8 ruling standing, there should be an inordinate amount of estate work to be had in California over the next few months...

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen

Suggestion; whomever creates the pub should change the previous pub's title to WARNING! Expired Thread! KEEP OUT!

OTOH, it's probably more enjoyable to poke fun at those who post there belatedly, like myself.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
chipgreen wrote:Suggestion; whomever creates the pub should change the previous pub's title to WARNING! Expired Thread! KEEP OUT!

OTOH, it's probably more enjoyable to poke fun at those who post there belatedly, like myself.

Even more fun to watch Sparky get riled up over it.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus

CAGrl wrote:I wish. I completely regret not doing IP law especially considering where I live. I do trust and estate law right now but looking to do other things if it'll get me a job. Not sure how much use I would be with my limited experience in IP for Samsung.

SWMBO's company (big insurance) is always hiring Worker's Comp attorneys. I would rather shoot myself, but...

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

New week, new reminder about the upcoming WootCeption celebrating the union of two Wooters!! Come enjoy some roast pig with Twisted Oak wines, preceeded by some Iron Horse bubbly.

All we require of you is a large wedding gift in the form of cash, check, money order, wire transfer, or direct access to your bank account. Nah, really, just your presence will be gift enough.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:SWMBO's company (big insurance) is always hiring Worker's Comp attorneys. I would rather shoot myself, but...

can you imagine? On Pawn Stars last week they fired an empty Air Rifle and Chum was like, ow, my leg. And Rick was like, it wasn't even loaded, you're not trying to file another Workman's Comp claim again are you.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
bhodilee wrote:if patent attorneys are in demand probably Apple or Samsung. They own all the patents in the world.

Don't forget pharma!

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

Canadian wine = Molson.

joelsisk

kylemittskus wrote:SWMBO's company (big insurance) is always hiring Worker's Comp attorneys. I would rather shoot myself, but...

Hey! that's what my SWMBO does (work comp)... though, I gotta say, working for the govmint (her new digs) has great benefits. I say this as a recipient. As a tax payer, I'm appalled.

Seems like family/estates would be pretty easy to go solo, especially with the new climate as mentioned.

If you want more advice, contact Michelle directly.

joelsisk

HitAnyKey42 wrote:
All we require of you is a large wedding gift in the form of cash, check, money order, wire transfer, or direct access to your bank account. Nah, really, just your presence will be gift enough.

I'm assuming you have already seen this? Don't be those people

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
joelsisk wrote:I'm assuming you have already seen this? Don't be those people

"Weddings are to make money for your future"

I did not know this.

kylemittskus

As others are saying, if you want to go solo, our best friend opened her own firm (family and criminal) with $3k and she is doing very well. She's my age (28). I'm sure she'd be happy to talk to you for a few minutes if you'd like.

CAGrl

kylemittskus wrote:As others are saying, if you want to go solo, our best friend opened her own firm (family and criminal) with $3k and she is doing very well. She's my age (28). I'm sure she'd be happy to talk to you for a few minutes if you'd like.

That would actually be awesome. Thanks everybody for your help. And I might FB message michelle as well. I'm really scared of being out on my own though. Ugh.

kylemittskus

CAGrl wrote:That would actually be awesome. Thanks everybody for your help. And I might FB message michelle as well. I'm really scared of being out on my own though. Ugh.

Ill talk to her just to make sure but I'm sure she won't mind. Then I'll PM you her email.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's the ones that do it tomorrow that are the troublemakers!!!

whew!!! I'm safe!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
chipgreen wrote:Suggestion; whomever creates the pub should change the previous pub's title to WARNING! Expired Thread! KEEP OUT!

hey, at least I caught myself early...this time....

MarkDaSpark

chipgreen wrote:EDIT: Gahh! And I now have a 2-week streak in progress. I blame it on those who posted before me, pushing the thread back to the top, yeah that's the ticket!

Even worse, I created a new post, thinking I was editing the previous one. DOH!

I think I raised this once before, but don't remember why we decided not to do so (pretty sure it was after the good old days of 30 page Pubs, so it wasn't that).

Should we just have the Pub go for a month at a time, instead of creating a new one weekly?

With the Pubs averaging between 4 and 5 pages per week, it's more possible.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Wouldn't help that much, since most of the time, they are in the old Pub replying to an existing post, and don't realize we have a new one.

Then again, it gives me a chance to use the club on D-Dog!

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Even more fun to watch Sparky get riled up over it.

Careful, or I'll have Cheron send you to the Pretty, Pretty Princess room!

Edit: jwhite6114 liked it so much, he hasn't left it!

joelsisk

SWMBO keeps trying to convince me that I am "outnumbered" in the house, now that the newest kid has her Canadian citizenship. Her reasoning - 3 Canadians and I'm the only American. I keep trying to explain that her math is off.

me - American
SWMBO - American + Canadian
kid 1 - American + Canadian
kid 2 - American + Canadian

looks like 4 Americans and 3 Canadians. Americans ahead. Even if you take the duals as 50/50, that's 2.5 American to 1.5 Canadian. Still ahead.

Silly Canadians. Or maybe it's just that she's a lawyer who can't count.

Happy Canada Day! (whatever the hell that actually is)

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
mother wrote:With the changes w/r/t DoMA and the Prop 8 ruling standing, there should be an inordinate amount of estate work to be had in California over the next few months...

Is that true? Now that same sex couples can take advantage of the federal inheritance rules, I would think that estate planning would be easier for them.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Totally like!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Careful, or I'll have Cheron send you to the Pretty, Pretty Princess room!

Cool! I forgot, I can rile you and Cheron98 at the same time. 2 for the price of 1!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

bahwm

Oooo, just saw on FB that HAK and cheron98 are at their dance lesson--it might just be their first.

bhodilee

joelsisk wrote:SWMBO keeps trying to convince me that I am "outnumbered" in the house, now that the newest kid has her Canadian citizenship. Her reasoning - 3 Canadians and I'm the only American. I keep trying to explain that her math is off.

me - American
SWMBO - American + Canadian
kid 1 - American + Canadian
kid 2 - American + Canadian

looks like 4 Americans and 3 Canadians. Americans ahead. Even if you take the duals as 50/50, that's 2.5 American to 1.5 Canadian. Still ahead.

Silly Canadians. Or maybe it's just that she's a lawyer who can't count.

Happy Canada Day! (whatever the hell that actually is)

This year it's Monday. What's the exchange rate on a Canadian right now?

bhodilee

JOATMON wrote:Is that true? Now that same sex couples can take advantage of the federal inheritance rules, I would think that estate planning would be easier for them.

Probably easier by still need someone to do it.

ddeuddeg

'08 Hillebrand Showcase Cabernet Franc, Carlton's Vineyard. Eat your heart out.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

My Chicago Thread is bumped back up. We're headed back there this weekend and I am always open for any suggestions or just general Chicago talk.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

HitAnyKey42

Hence why I continued on with the continued humor of the wire transfer & direct bank account access.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

We usually gift at least enough to cover our costs...just seems right.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

HitAnyKey42

bahwm wrote:Oooo, just saw on FB that HAK and cheron98 are at their dance lesson--it might just be their first.

Yup, that it was....and it went so well that we had to sign up for a big ole package of 10 more private dance instruction sessions, which includes 4 group dance sessions & 4 dance parties.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings