WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Wellington Mixed Summer Whites (12)

Speed to First Woot:
7m 42.111s
First Sucker:
fwWNZOLc7aEKE8
Last Wooter to Woot:
intodogs
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 42% of Wine Woots
Top 41% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 37% of Wine Woots
Top 28% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 1% first woot
  • 1% second woot
  • 6% < 10 woots
  • 13% < 25 woots
  • 78% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 4% one year old
  • 96% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 93% bought 1
  • 7% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
2%
1%
1%
0%
5%
3%
3%
7%
8%
7%
8%
5%
5%
8%
2%
5%
2%
4%
5%
2%
5%
3%
6%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1566 Private Messages Cesare

Wellington Mixed Summer Whites Case
$129.99 $̶2̶3̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 43% off List Price
2010 Chardonnay, Sonoma Valley
2010 Roussanne, Sonoma County
2011 Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma Valley
2012 The Duchess, Sonoma Valley White Wine
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

There is still The Duchess left? Wow. We loved this as a summer drinker.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Very tempting combination, and I don't think I have a single Wellington White at the moment.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste

Good evening, all. Winegrower / winemaker in the house. If I don't get to some questions tonight, I'll be back in the morning.

UncleFluffy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages UncleFluffy

I shouldn't, but ...

UncleFluffy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages UncleFluffy
SonomaBouliste wrote:Good evening, all. Winegrower / winemaker in the house. If I don't get to some questions tonight, I'll be back in the morning.



No questions, just "Thankyou"

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
JOATMON wrote:There is still The Duchess left? Wow. We loved this as a summer drinker.



Brand new vintage - 2012. We changed the blend some this year. We used the old vine whites in the Duchess this year. We started with a mix of Semillon, Muscadelle, Palomino, Monbadon, Sylvaner & ?, then blended Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc and a touch of Rhone variety whites. Production is lower tin 2012 - we didn't feel the need to "declassify" as much wine. The Duke bottling in early September will be smaller as well, for the same reason.

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
SonomaBouliste wrote:Brand new vintage - 2012. We changed the blend some this year. We used the old vine whites in the Duchess this year. We started with a mix of Semillon, Muscadelle, Palomino, Monbadon, Sylvaner & ?, then blended Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc and a touch of Rhone variety whites. Production is lower than 2012 - we didn't feel the need to "declassify" as much wine. The Duke bottling in early September will be smaller as well, for the same reason.



I am confused. Your web site still lists the 2011 Duchess, with a red addition of "new release!". Mistake?

I shall have to try this, and then decide if we want to invest in cases. We ended up buying over two cases of last year's vintage.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
JOATMON wrote:I am confused. Your web site still lists the 2011 Duchess, with a red addition of "new release!". Mistake?

I shall have to try this, and then decide if we want to invest in cases. We ended up buying over two cases of last year's vintage.



The only mistake is slow web updates (actually we have fewer than 10 cases of 2011 Duchess - it will be gone in a week or so and there's not enough for a w00t).

noslensj


quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

Stopped by the winery a Thursday , 1-1/2 weeks ago, and left with a bottle of the Duchess. Was on my way to San Diego to see my darling new granddaughter, and only had room in my bag for one bottle.

DW and I enjoyed it very with dinner the next night as we babysat while DD and SIL were out for their first dinner date since the birth.

I didn't make a lot of notes as I was drinking it - except that I distinctly recall both of us enjoying it immensely. Crisp - nice fruit flavors and very well-balanced. Did not go flat at all as the bottle warmed up - rather more floral notes emerged. And no phenolics came out. We both agreed that it was worth getting again if it appeared.

I don't recall which vintage it was. But since the gentlemen in Peter's tasting room indicated that there were not many cases of the Duchess left, I'm guessing that what we had was the some of the last of the 2011. It would be whatever Peter was selling there on the 20th of June.

I don't need another case of whites, right now, but my SIWBM might crumble if pushed.

Would be very interested in splitting with someone in the Seattle area.

Alison Gail Bixby


quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

After this week's heat wave, it's looking like a long, hot summer. And with no Wellington whites to sustain me, I may as well be in for two!

klezman


quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

Wish I could but I can't. Sad. No room for a case of wine. If this were a repeat of the red case from a while back this would be on its way to my office to supply happy hours.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark



cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of July 1

Happy Independence Day, Everyone! Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

July
7/13: SoCal #27: Sparky & zTimBz Wine Locker Redux (Sukieasa in town)
7/20: NorCal #19: Theme Still Under Discussion

August
8/3: NorCal #?: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
8/3: Minnesota #21 8-3-13
8/10: Omaha #1: Is there critical mass?
8/10 & 8/17: zTimBz's Bday / SoCal #28 - If we open them, he will come
8/24: The Wootception!!!

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room


No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.



So join or create a WW Gathering!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
klezman wrote:Wish I could but I can't. Sad. No room for a case of wine. If this were a repeat of the red case from a while back this would be on its way to my office to supply happy hours.



It matters why? There is more than one road to happiness. Someone spiritual said that,I think.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

guzmantis


quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

Resistance is futile. . . In for 1!

cortot20


quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

I wish I hadn't just bought nearly a case of whites in the last week. Because now I don't have room. Excited by the new duchess and the chard. I don't like chard but love wellingtons.

Some notes
2010 card from last summer.
Did not try on day 1. These are day 2 notes
Nose and pallate are dominated by green apple, the wine is a very light yellow and is lighter than a typical chard. It has nice acidity but the finish reminds you it is a chard by the nice round mouth feel it leaves you with.

Highly recommended and I typically do not care for this varietal. I really enjoyed the nice light style without all the oak and over extracted fruit. Well done Peter.

My wife really enjoyed last years duchess was so so on the SB and doesn't typically like roussanne.

Thanks for the nice mix.

CT

flowerchild59


quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

I must say that Wellington is one of my must haves from Woot. I have a dear friend that drinks nothing but whites (shudder the thought) and some of these are headed her way. Thanks for offering them.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

resistance really is futile. I said I was done for anything but W whites and sparkling.

signed.

vaaccess


quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
SonomaBouliste wrote:Good evening, all. Winegrower / winemaker in the house. If I don't get to some questions tonight, I'll be back in the morning.



Hi Peter. Happy as always to see your awesome juice on Wine.Woot! I remain depressed that Virginia is such a PITA now and I have to resort to Wootlegging, but it's totally worth it for the good stuff! In for a case!!!

BTW...I had dinner with the son of [one of?] your Victory grape supplier(s) out here on the East Coast. We had a great conversation that night! (And some good wine, though not as good as yours.)

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

lacotomo


quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo

Am an amateur at this, but the wife and I enjoy our wine...Have heard lots of great things about Wellington, but haven't ever pulled the trigger. Is this the offering to do so? We could use some summer whites.

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
vaaccess wrote:Hi Peter. Happy as always to see your awesome juice on Wine.Woot! I remain depressed that Virginia is such a PITA now and I have to resort to Wootlegging, but it's totally worth it for the good stuff! In for a case!!!

BTW...I had dinner with the son of [one of?] your Victory grape supplier(s) out here on the East Coast. We had a great conversation that night! (And some good wine, though not as good as yours.)



Hi M. Long time no "talk". I hope family is well.
I don't fully understand how the licensing for w00t shipments works. Many of the states require the winery to have a license, but some require (or accept) a w00t license. We have a VA direct ship license, but there must be some issue with how the order is shipped that makes it either extremely difficult or impossible for w00t.

PS: I'm totally curious about the "son of a grower". Can you tell me in a pm?

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Yet another mixed case from Peter. Had I known these were available, I'd have gotten some last week when another mixed case+ was picked up, but here it is, and yes I did.
Now overstocked on the Roussanne, so if any of the Cali group wants them, just pm.

Hot in SoCal, whites good, especially these.

CT

timsampson


quality posts: 1 Private Messages timsampson

After 4 recent wine.woot buys, I seriously don't have enough room; the wine fridge is full, the spare rack is full, there's even some sitting on the floor in the den. What to do? What to do?


In for 1!

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
timsampson wrote:After 4 recent wine.woot buys, I seriously don't have enough room; the wine fridge is full, the spare rack is full, there's even some sitting on the floor in the den. What to do? What to do?

In for 1!



A) Drink more wine
B) Have a dinner party
C) Have a non-dinner party
D) Develop more storage
E) All of the above

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
rjquillin wrote:Yet another mixed case from Peter. Had I known these were available, I'd have gotten some last week when another mixed case+ was picked up, but here it is, and yes I did.
Now overstocked on the Roussanne, so if any of the Cali group wants them, just pm.

Hot in SoCal, whites good, especially these.


I'd like a bottle or 2 of the Roussanne. Not sure if I've ever tried it so I'm curious. Maybe bring it to the wootception?

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

It's been almost one month since my last Wellington purchase (actually my last wine.woot! purchase), so I am in for one. It's summer time white season at last in Minnesota!
Cheers!

Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
lacotomo wrote:Am an amateur at this, but the wife and I enjoy our wine...Have heard lots of great things about Wellington, but haven't ever pulled the trigger. Is this the offering to do so? We could use some summer whites.



Pretty nice mix here. At about $13/btl after tax and shipping, I doubt you could do better buying whites from the grocery store. If you need whites, this is a buy, IMO.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

vaaccess


quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
kylemittskus wrote:Pretty nice mix here. At about $13/btl after tax and shipping, I doubt you could do better buying whites from the grocery store. If you need whites, this is a buy, IMO.



Absolutely a correct statement, IMHO as well!!!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
vaaccess wrote:Absolutely a correct statement, IMHO as well!!!



I notice squishy left out the H

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

kylecountryman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman

I'm considering picking up some whites, since my wife and I are primarily into reds. Anyone else primarily a red drinker that likes this mixed case? I'm toying with taking a leap into the unknown.

noslensj


quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
noslensj wrote:
I don't need another case of whites, right now, but my SIWBM might crumble if pushed.



I crumbled. Didn't even need a push.

vaaccess


quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
kylecountryman wrote:I'm considering picking up some whites, since my wife and I are primarily into reds. Anyone else primarily a red drinker that likes this mixed case? I'm toying with taking a leap into the unknown.



My cellar is 98% red. Peter's whites will be great for yourself, for gifts, or for those at a party that want something white. Whether you are going to like them or not...Well...That's something only you can define. I will tell you, though. I'm a huge Petite Sirah -> Cab -> Granacha fan and I'm starting to try whites more than I have before and Peter's whites are as good as his reds in my experience.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

kylecountryman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman
noslensj wrote:I crumbled. Didn't even need a push.



I've been pushed over the edge quite a few times from other users. I don't think I stood much of a chance...

kylecountryman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman
vaaccess wrote:My cellar is 98% red. Peter's whites will be great for yourself, for gifts, or for those at a party that want something white. Whether you are going to like them or not...Well...That's something only you can define. I will tell you, though. I'm a huge Petite Sirah -> Cab -> Granacha fan and I'm starting to try whites more than I have before and Peter's whites are as good as his reds in my experience.




I've bought a bunch of the reds from Wellington before, so I wasn't concerned with the winery. I just wasn't sure on the whites.

I'm in for one to see what happens. Thanks for the thoughts.

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylecountryman wrote:I've bought a bunch of the reds from Wellington before, so I wasn't concerned with the winery. I just wasn't sure on the whites.

I'm in for one to see what happens. Thanks for the thoughts.

You won't be disappointed.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

sdwindansea


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sdwindansea
kylecountryman wrote:I've bought a bunch of the reds from Wellington before, so I wasn't concerned with the winery. I just wasn't sure on the whites.

I'm in for one to see what happens. Thanks for the thoughts.



I really do not think there is a good "transitional" wine from reds to whites. It is purely a matter of preference. That being said, a mixed case is great as you get to try several different varietals. If you do not care for them, they make great gifts. Also, just because you like/dislike a Sauvignon Blanc from Wellington doesn't mean you will have the same feeling about one from another winery or part of the world (e.g. New Zealand).

gladiatorjai


quality posts: 3 Private Messages gladiatorjai

Guys, I have a question.
I do not own a wine cooler. Can I go ahead and store this in a dark corner for a period of 2 months and just chill it before drinking? My house stays at 69F. Or should I just stick to buying 1 at a time. Thanks!!

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
gladiatorjai wrote:Guys, I have a question.
I do not own a wine cooler. Can I go ahead and store this in a dark corner for a period of 2 months and just chill it before drinking? My house stays at 69F. Or should I just stick to buying 1 at a time. Thanks!!



It sounds like your house is fine for aging up to a few years. Temperature swings are as bad or worse than high temps. For long term aging (decades) a constant 55 is ideal, but constant 60 is okay. Constant 69 is better than swings between 55 and 75.

In the British auction trade, wine aged for decades in Scottish castle cellars has been highly regarded because the wines seem younger than their years. Storage in the 40s slows the rate of aging; it takes longer for wines to develop, but they last longer. If you don't want to wait too long for your reds to develop, don't store them too cool.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:You won't be disappointed.

Or if, by some remote chance, he is, I'd bet there would be little difficulty "unloading" them on others here.

CT