WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Sizzlin' Six-Packs

Imagine the look on your friends' faces when you tell 'em you'll bring over a six-pack and you show up with six bottles of wine. If they're wine drinkers, they'll probably be excited! If they're not wine drinkers, they probably won't be as excited, but honestly, how important are they as friends if they're not wine drinkers.

Cesare

quality posts: 1595 Private Messages Cesare

Sizzlin' Six-Packs

McClean Vineyards 2007 Private Reserve Estate Syrah, Paso Robles 6-Pack
$68.99 $̶1̶5̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 55% off List Price
2007 McClean Vineyards Private Reserve Estate Syrah, Paso Robles

J. Dusi Paso Robles Pinot Grigio 6-Pack
$62.99 $̶1̶1̶3̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2012 J. Dusi Pinot Grigio

Raised By Wolves Bad Moon Rising Red Blend 6-Pack
$99.99 $̶2̶5̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 60% off List Price
2010 Bad Moon Rising Red Blend, Columbia Valley

Vinum Cellars Petite Sirah & Zinfandel 6-Pack
$69.99 $̶1̶0̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 33% off List Price
2009 Vinum Cellars Petite Sirah White Label
2011 Vinum Cellars California Zinfandel

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

In on the j. Dusi, it was my wife's favorite wine of the year, although I'm bummed the price is up about a 1.50 a bottle

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

had some RBW "bad moon rising" last night, will buy more

mandoo500

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mandoo500

McClean Syrah is good stuff. Bold, juicy just enough balance with restraint finish.... me recommend. Checking my inventory to see if I need to restock... BRB

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You're not seeing things. The McClean price was adjusted to $68.99. As always, if you already ordered, the difference will come flying back to your account before long.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

benyust2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages benyust2

Anyone try the Vinum Cellars Petite Sirah & Zin? I've been disappointed buying stuff here in the past without seeing any comments from the community.

webdev511

quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511

One McLean and one Vinum ordered. Now where to put this stuff...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ThunderThighs wrote:You're not seeing things. The McClean price was adjusted to $68.99. As always, if you already ordered, the difference will come flying back to your account before long.

I am glad this was done after I made my order on sport.woot, because with the combined shipping, I would have been in at this lower price. Now I have an extra $70 in my wallet and 6 less bottles.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
fredrinaldi wrote:had some RBW "bad moon rising" last night, will buy more

Interested in the Wolves, but I don't need 6 of anything at the moment. Anyone care to chime in with a review of it?

Also, willing to split in Austin.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
webdev511 wrote:One McLean and one Vinum ordered. Now where to put this stuff...

You can store at my place.... For a 3 bottle fee . You should have grabbed the J Dusi. Really great for the price

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:You can store at my place.... For a 3 bottle fee . You should have grabbed the J Dusi. Really great for the price

Not had the Dusi. What am I missing?

CT

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo
redwinefan wrote:Interested in the Wolves, but I don't need 6 of anything at the moment. Anyone care to chime in with a review of it?

I've had the RBW Bordeaux blend and it was quite good. Definitely New World, with subtle oak, and a nice fruity bouquet. Has a definite Washington State quality that sets it apart from most California reds.

More restrained I would say than the Cabernet, Merlot and Malbec I have had from RBW.

I have been a big fan of the RBW Cabs and Merlots in the past. This one I also liked and it is certainly worth the price if not quite to the level of the 2009 Cab.

Not sure if I would be as impressed at retail.

Is it broke or just fractured?

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Not had the Dusi. What am I missing?

We brought a bottle of it to the gathering at Ty's house in April or march. Maybe you missed it.

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:Not had the Dusi. What am I missing?

You are missing an awesome hot weather sipper! I found it to be light, almost water-like, with a slight tropical fruit flavor. Very "steely" if that makes sense. Crisp, refreshing, and low alcohol. I dont drink much Pinot Grigio so could not tell you how true to the grape it is but Wife and I really enjoyed it.

"The older I get the better I was"

fredrinaldi

redwinefan wrote:Interested in the Wolves, but I don't need 6 of anything at the moment. Anyone care to chime in with a review of it?

I'm flying into Austin in August to look at possibly retiring there, PM me on where to look, going to Stiner Ranch & Lake Austin to start

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:We brought a bottle of it to the gathering at Ty's house in April or march. Maybe you missed it.

Yes, missed that one.
Is Ty in SoCal, or you travel to central or NorCal?

CT

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Yes, missed that one.
Is Ty in SoCal, or you travel to central or NorCal?

Sorry, I confused you. Tytyger58. Remember, you wore a "screw it" shirt.

CT

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:Sorry, I confused you. Tytyger58. Remember, you wore a "screw it" shirt.

Guilty, but how'd you get that one past the filters!?
I guess we are both, 'older'.

CT

fsuman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fsuman
benyust2 wrote:Anyone try the Vinum Cellars Petite Sirah & Zin? I've been disappointed buying stuff here in the past without seeing any comments from the community.

I had the zin. My notes are in the original sales thread. Sorry, don't have the link.

The short version is I thought it was appropriately priced. An adequate daily, weeknight zin, nothing overly complex or amazing.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Previous offer on the PS/Zin on 5/14/13.

Some Wooter evals on the PS, and a comment by PetiteSirah on the PS.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

fredrinaldi

In for 6 more RBW bottles, happy 4th everyone, the Baby Back Rib's been smoking for 6 hrs. gonna be good

cobowers2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobowers2000

Anybody have their order yet? I got a tracking number a few days ago, but fedex still doesn't have any updated tracking info... I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's everyone.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cobowers2000 wrote:Anybody have their order yet? I got a tracking number a few days ago, but fedex still doesn't have any updated tracking info... I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's everyone.

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites, especially summer shipping Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

capitalsfn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages capitalsfn
cobowers2000 wrote:Anybody have their order yet? I got a tracking number a few days ago, but fedex still doesn't have any updated tracking info... I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's everyone.

Same boat, but I've had similar experiences in the past with how the vineyards ship. My guess would be that it goes out on Monday, but we shall see.

cobowers2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobowers2000
ThunderThighs wrote:Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites, especially summer shipping Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

Understood. Just seemed odd because I ordered the Renwood Amador County Estate Syrah on the 15th, and just got it, while this order was placed on the 3rd, and fedex says it's still "Initiated." And not to pick nits, but today is 3 weeks to the day since I placed this order. I understand it's out of woots control, just sayin'.

lamcjunk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lamcjunk

Finally got the McClean yesterday.