CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
bsevern wrote:I was hoping to have my deck project wrapped up by the 20th, but after ripping the stairs out, they ended up being a larger project then I envisioned, so it might not be ready by then.

I'd be willing to bet I'd be ready to go on the 21st though, as my neighbor is going to help me rebuild the stairs on the 20th

We could do the 21st for something informal. We'll be packing and I sure could use a little break.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
CAGrl wrote:We could do the 21st for something informal. We'll be packing and I sure could use a little break.

I should have my new charcoal, gas & wood BBQ and Smoker setup then too

Something informal with some smokes and food would be fun.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
CAGrl wrote:We could do the 21st for something informal. We'll be packing and I sure could use a little break.

Let us know if we can help with the move. We should be around the 27th and 28th and my wagon can fit quite a bit in it.

CAGrl

trifecta wrote:Let us know if we can help with the move. We should be around the 27th and 28th and my wagon can fit quite a bit in it.

Thanks for the offer. We're hiring movers to make it easier on us. However, we might need a little help on the 27th. Hubby's picking up a couch from his cousin and bringing it over from Sacramento. Probably won't be until early evening.

Not sure if the 2 of us can move it into our new place, but we would appreciate any help on that day.

trifecta

CAGrl wrote:Thanks for the offer. We're hiring movers to make it easier on us. However, we might need a little help on the 27th. Hubby's picking up a couch from his cousin and bringing it over from Sacramento. Probably won't be until early evening.

Not sure if the 2 of us can move it into our new place, but we would appreciate any help on that day.

I should be available to help. Just let me know when/where. Campbell isn't far from us.

So what is the plan for this weekend? Informal on Sat? Sun?

bsevern

trifecta wrote:I should be available to help. Just let me know when/where. Campbell isn't far from us.

So what is the plan for this weekend? Informal on Sat? Sun?

I should be able to do Sunday afternoon, but it's possible I may not, and won't know until Saturday :/

trifecta

bsevern wrote:I should be able to do Sunday afternoon, but it's possible I may not, and won't know until Saturday :/

I guess we should shut down this thread (or rename) and give #19 back to the Winesmith BBQ.

In terms of Sunday, I guess if we don't have anything going we can stop by. At this point with no solid yes/no we will most likely make other plans.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
trifecta wrote:I guess we should shut down this thread (or rename) and give #19 back to the Winesmith BBQ.

In terms of Sunday, I guess if we don't have anything going we can stop by. At this point with no solid yes/no we will most likely make other plans.

Make it #20! You know you can edit the first post to change the title, right?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

trifecta

MarkDaSpark wrote:Make it #20! You know you can edit the first post to change the title, right?

Since the winesmith will be first, I changed it to 19. You can only update the title if you started the thread. This one is up to CAGrl.

CAGrl

Title changed. So any date suggestions for September?

trifecta

CAGrl wrote:Title changed. So any date suggestions for September?

Any Saturday should work for us, given enough notice. Sunday are off limits due to the Season starting. (Especially the 15th! Grr....).

Maybe the SoCal crew that wanted to make it should let us know and we can plan around that.

Sparky?
Klez?
Rj?

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:Any Saturday should work for us, given enough notice. Sunday are off limits due to the Season starting. (Especially the 15th! Grr....).

Maybe the SoCal crew that wanted to make it should let us know and we can plan around that.

Sparky?
Klez?
Rj?

Season?
I'm just the pax with Sparky, so we gotta get him on-board for a date.

CT

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

7/19 or 20? I'm flying back out to Houston on 21st. Folks decide what they're bringing?

trifecta

webdev511 wrote:7/19 or 20? I'm flying back out to Houston on 21st. Folks decide what they're bringing?

Neither... this has been postponed to a TBD date in September. Need Sparky to jump in with a date.... ahem

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:Season?
I'm just the pax with Sparky, so we gotta get him on-board for a date.

CMON!!!!! The NFL season dude...

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:CMON!!!!! The NFL season dude...

I'm in San Diego, we don't do NFL here, more akin to CFL. But that weekend is 2 of 10 in the chase.

CT

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:Neither... this has been postponed to a TBD date in September. Need Sparky to jump in with a date.... ahem

7th or 28th? Other two will probably be family weekends.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:7th or 28th? Other two will probably be family weekends.

Both work for me.

trifecta

CAGrl wrote:Both work for me.

Same here. Slight preference for the 7th.

Is bsevern still interested in hosting?

trifecta

I think that we may have convinced bsevern to host on the 7th... but he can chime in to confirm.

Sparky, will the 7th for sure work for you?

Rj, will you be able to attend on the 7th as well?

Klez?

I am committed to opening up that '79 Concannon once there are enough appreciators in the room. Planning on opening from 3 decades:

1979 Concannon
1993 Blockheadia Ringnosii
2000 Battaglini Estate Twin Pines

A couple other interesting aged bottles to throw in if there are enough people too

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:I think that we may have convinced bsevern to host on the 7th... but he can chime in to confirm.

Sparky, will the 7th for sure work for you?

Rj, will you be able to attend on the 7th as well?

Klez?

AfaIk, that would work, given a share drive situation.

CT

bsevern

Somehow I was convinced to host the PS night on Sept 7th at my place....something to do with home made Pedroncelli Port & Chocolate Chiffon Cupcakes or some nonsense??

Should I start a new thread????

trifecta

bsevern wrote:Somehow I was convinced to host the PS night on Sept 7th at my place....something to do with home made Pedroncelli Port & Chocolate Chiffon Cupcakes or some nonsense??

I heard the promise of those cupcakes as well. Might be cleaner with a new thread.

CAGrl

bsevern wrote:Somehow I was convinced to host the PS night on Sept 7th at my place....something to do with home made Pedroncelli Port & Chocolate Chiffon Cupcakes or some nonsense??

Hmmm. Maybe you and trifecta are hearing things.

Yeah, a new thread would be good. I'll change this one to October excursion to wine country.

bsevern

CAGrl wrote:Hmmm. Maybe you and trifecta are hearing things.

Cool, then I'm off the hook to host

EDIT: For some odd reason I'm unable to post a new topic...

CAGrl

bsevern wrote:Cool, then I'm off the hook to host

Weird. Hope you can start a new thread because I'm gonna change this one once you do.

MarkDaSpark

bsevern wrote:Cool, then I'm off the hook to host

TT joked she was going to lock the threads, but I thought that was only for the CyberPub!

CAGrl

Re-post from the first edited post so people see it.

So what weekend in October for the trip up north? I would prefer the end of October since hubby and I have season tickets to 49ers and they play at home the first 2 weekeneds, but we can adjust.

So who's in and what date?

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

Bump!

Y'all still up for this?

CAGrl

ajrod27 wrote:Bump!

Y'all still up for this?

It might have to wait until after football season. Things are so hectic right now for us. But maybe sometime in the wintertime we can plan for this. Hmmm. Maybe in conjunction with Pliny the Younger?

bsevern

Any dates?

trifecta

By the time football season is up, it will be time to plan for DnD. I'm cool with that, as I can't buy any more wine this year...

But getting together to drink wine would help my current issues.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

I was actually wondering if there was a gathering soon. Need to move soon and pare down and was thinking I actually have a collection of qpr woot favorites, would be interesting to see if they held up. Block 13, original field blend, 05 concannon, and something else I can't think of.

CT

bsevern

tenuki wrote:I was actually wondering if there was a gathering soon. Need to move soon and pare down and was thinking I actually have a collection of qpr woot favorites, would be interesting to see if they held up. Block 13, original field blend, 05 concannon, and something else I can't think of.

Block 13 was one of my earlier wine woot buys, but I gave them all away as Christmas gifts...doh!

Maybe we could just have a local Saturday misc wine GT sometime soon??

CAGrl

bsevern wrote:Block 13 was one of my earlier wine woot buys, but I gave them all away as Christmas gifts...doh!

Maybe we could just have a local Saturday misc wine GT sometime soon??

A local gathering works for us.

trifecta

CAGrl wrote:A local gathering works for us.

Cool... let us know when to come by

Open Saturdays as of right now are the 2nd and the 9th. bsev and I are burnt out on hosting, so hopefully someone else rises from the ashes.

CAGrl

Revived the thread with March 22 visit to WineSmith and hanging out with Clark and Mike.

trifecta

CAGrl wrote:Revived the thread with March 22 visit to WineSmith and hanging out with Clark and Mike.

Based on insider rumors, this is not to be missed! If you are anywhere near the bay/Santa Rosa or have the ability/funds to make it, you should. details may come later, but there will be some special wines open.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
trifecta wrote:Based on insider rumors, this is not to be missed! If you are anywhere near the bay/Santa Rosa or have the ability/funds to make it, you should. details may come later, but there will be some special wines open.

So many of his wines I would like to try. And buy eagerly if they are as good as billed

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

CAGrl

Updated with this information.

Enticement from Clark: We are working on a major tasting: a vertical of Crucible back to 1999 and all five vintages of Faux Chablis. And he's trying to Steve Krebs (vineyard and oenology professor at Napa College) for the event as well.