MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:Wine wooters, I have deleted a number of posts that were WAY off topic. Please do not resort to personal attacks and bickering. We're all here for one reason: great deals on wine.

Please welcome new people to the discussion. Y'all know a lot about wine. Share that knowledge.

Everyone put away their clubs or I'll have to pull out mine.

It's my Birthday Week and I'll whine if I want to, whine if I want to. You would wine too if it happened to you!

Edit: Me!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:And I, being a total and complete lunkhead, take your humorous post literally and ruin the humor by posting a hopelessly pedantic reply. Seems like these days I might be better off just lurking.
At least I managed to post a reply to the main thread troll without getting into the flame war that I apparently missed, because TT says she deleted a bunch of posts, but left mine alone.

I blame Corrado! Well, that and it's sometimes hard to tell when some (not bowtie) Wooters are using sarcasm!

And I need to brush up on my definition of pedantic. Because your reply did not seem to be an example of my definition of pedantic.

Of course, we all know how the elderly get verbose sometimes.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:It's my Birthday Week and I'll whine if I want to, whine if I want to. You would wine too if it happened to you!

You get a week? Lucky dog.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:You get a week? Lucky dog.

Woof, woof! You mean you didn't read this week's Pub title?

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's my Birthday Week and I'll whine if I want to, whine if I want to. You would wine too if it happened to you!

Kudos on the Leslie Gore reference. When will it be Judy's turn to cry ... Judy's turn to cry ... Judy's turn to cry?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Also, I wish all of yous didn't get off on the wrong foot so much. You may actually have a lot in common and, dare I say, like each other. Honest.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

cmaldoon wrote:Nope, not mistaken. Glad to have you step in here. Everyone here can be an a-hole sometimes but everyone has a good side too. I'd assume you are no different :-)

Amen! Heck, I bet he and Kyle would actually get along well! :gasp:

So, can y'all (spoken with a Minnesoootan accent) just start over and try to get along?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Amen! Heck, I bet he and Kyle would actually get along well! :gasp:

So, can y'all (spoken with a Minnesoootan accent) just start over and try to get along?

Dad! Why am I always getting blamed? This was a family affair.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Awwwww. They took the heated discussion away. Where Can this be done so everyone can get it out and calm down again????

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

HEY!

Any more personal attacks and more people'll get punished. PUNISHED SEVERELY. MAJORLY. HARDCORE MEDIEVAL TORTURE PROBATIONINGS, YO.

Thou art all cautioned.

cmaldoon

goldenthorn wrote:HEY!

Any more personal attacks and more people'll get punished. PUNISHED SEVERELY. MAJORLY. HARDCORE MEDIEVAL TORTURE PROBATIONINGS, YO.

Thou art all cautioned.

Really, it needed to happen to allow the main thread to calm down. It was starting to slowly subside in here too methinks. Now we have folks bumped for a week. Sad.

I do like the gif though

My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
goldenthorn wrote:HEY!

Thou art all cautioned.

Care for a glass of wine while you are here? I still have a nice Chardonnay that I am unable to taste.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

Who got probation? And how did I escape it?

Woohoo!!!

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

North316 wrote:Care for a glass of wine while you are here? I still have a nice Chardonnay that I am unable to taste.

Thank you, but I'm currently sipping Hakutsuru sho-une junmai daiginjo sake. My basement flooded overnight and I've been up since dawn rescuing, draining, cleaning and then off to work and now I'm home and I plan on drinking this entire bottle tonight, with two cats on my lap, terrible self-indulgent music in my ears, and silly, shallow sites on my screens.

kylemittskus wrote:Who got probation? And how did I escape it?

Woohoo!!!

kylemittskus

goldenthorn wrote:

This is the creepiest thing I've ever seen. Someone actually put on a bunny suit and did that.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
goldenthorn wrote:

Sake sounds good. I might actually be able to taste that, or at least feel the burn. I do have three unopened bottles in my wine cooler....

And yeah, that GIF is just creepy.

Absolute bummer about the house though.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:Doc: do you see what we're dealing with?

I see your point, and he's kInda giving himself an impression of being a d-bag...but I guess I'm not going to get worked up over it. I would have at one point in time. Guess I've, like great ($9250) wine, have mellowed with age.

Did I just say that!?! Wiring the Future! happened to me? lol

--John Muir

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:Who got probation? And how did I escape it?

Woohoo!!!

Congrats!

--John Muir

otolith

otolith wrote:I see your point, and he's kInda giving himself an impression of being a d-bag...but I guess I'm not going to get worked up over it. I would have at one point in time. Guess I've, like great wine, have mellowed with age.

Edit: and I'm trying to be nice!

Whoops, why trying to edit, but my fat thumbs got in the way and I self-replied. Am I going to go blind now?!?

--John Muir

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:Dad! Why am I always getting blamed? This was a family affair.

You're the most fun to single out!

--John Muir

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Yes, that gif is fabulously creepy. Here's another favorite:

Delicious, non? Sweet dreams!

*backs away and vanishes into the shadows, back to her volmod-y ghoulish lurkings*

ThunderThighs

Staff

goldenthorn wrote:snip

sorry about the flooding but thank you for the clean-up.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
otolith wrote:I see your point, and he's kInda giving himself an impression of being a d-bag...but I guess I'm not going to get worked up over it. I would have at one point in time. Guess I've, like great ($9250) wine, have mellowed with age.

One of us... One of us...

Well, them, anyway. I'm refraining from the main thread for fear of unleashing holy hormone hell on the poor sap. And I'd hate to ruin my perfect probation-free record.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ThunderThighs

Staff

Guys, please move on. Take the high road, ok?

FORUM MODERATOR

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
ThunderThighs wrote:Guys, please move on. Take the high road, ok?

Do you mean in the main thread, or here in the pub also?

otolith

cheron98 wrote:One of us... One of us...

Well, them, anyway. I'm refraining from the main thread for fear of unleashing holy hormone hell on the poor sap. And I'd hate to ruin my perfect probation-free record.

I gotta stay out of the main threads not so I respond, but so I miss out on the winery and member participation that made me buy yesterday! Mmmmmmmm....RRV Pinot noir. :drool:

--John Muir

otolith

chemvictim wrote:Do you mean in the main thread, or here in the pub also?

She said guys, you're off the hook.

Sorry for being a post whore, but I'm at soccer with my younger child, and it's, ummm, not so exciting...

--John Muir

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
otolith wrote:I gotta stay out of the main threads not so I respond, but so I miss out on the winery and member participation that made me buy yesterday! Mmmmmmmm....RRV Pinot noir. :drool:

I suffered the same lack of strength yesterday...

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

This is not the main thread. It's the pub, where historically the rules have been much looser. If there are new, stricter rules, best tell us what they are before you start turning away the faithful stalwarts. Speaking only for myself here.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
otolith wrote:I gotta stay out of the main threads not so I respond, but so I miss out on the winery and member participation that made me buy yesterday! Mmmmmmmm....RRV Pinot noir. :drool:

Seriously, I agree. The only reason I've gone in the main thread at all lately is to see what all this fuss was about. It very nearly resulted in my buying wine. (had it in the cart and everything, but managed to hold out) Sometimes the arguments are more informative than the typical questions about drinking window and residual sugar.

I'll go back to staying out of there. And not buying.

cmaldoon

ddeuddeg wrote:This is not the main thread. It's the pub, where historically the rules have been much looser. If there are new, stricter rules, best tell us what they are before you start turning away the faithful stalwarts. Speaking only for myself here.

TT, I agree with DD here, I was glad to get the guy off the main boards and have him here. I and most of us can deal with a bit of crud. There had been plenty of mouthing about this guy. I was happy to let him digest it while trying to bring the volume down in a very open way. Unfortunately, all of the steam that was being blown off is gone now and I think that guy has been put in the penalty box which serves no good purpose but to keep a few threads clean. Long term that guy may be gone for good which is a sad thing for woot and given he was obviously passionate about wine, possibly bad for us as well.

I appreciate what you and your fellow mods do, I just feel that the response in this thread was a bit heavy handed.

My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:Edit: and I'm trying to be nice!

Whoops, why trying to edit, but my fat thumbs got in the way and I self-replied. Am I going to go blind now?!?

Only if you keep doing it

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Those are roads in Denver right?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ThunderThighs

Staff

ddeuddeg wrote:This is not the main thread. It's the pub, where historically the rules have been much looser. If there are new, stricter rules, best tell us what they are before you start turning away the faithful stalwarts. Speaking only for myself here.

I agree but talking about someone is not cool. It's still a public forum and can read by the ones you are talking about.

FORUM MODERATOR

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo
bhodilee wrote:Only if you keep doing it

Something about hair on the back of your hands too..

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Only in Jersey.

Atlanta - Dante's Down the Hatch for Jazz and Fondue. (Oh Crap! They're closing on July 30th, 2013. I may have to fly there before they do!)

Chicago - Gino's East on Superior

Output Machine Failing, Guys!.. I forgot about Dante's... that was some good eats...haven't been there in years......

ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:Those are roads in Denver right?

FORUM MODERATOR

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

seriously.... trying to get kids packed up and ready to go.. don't check main thread.......see what I missed?..... I have to remember to check the main thread more often!!

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:But I haven't been there! We go to The Fig Cafe in Glen Ellen (Sonoma, about 10 minutes from Wellington).

ddeuddeg and I have!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
ThunderThighs wrote:I agree but talking about someone is not cool. It's still a public forum and can read by the ones you are talking about.

I kind of thought that was the point?

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT