tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
MarkDaSpark wrote:When I would visit our regional office in Cranbury, we'd try to go to The Frog and Peach Restaurant in New Brunswick. Ran into Capt. Sisko there one time (his wife taught/teaches at Rutgers). Terrific Creme Bruleé.

We'd also go to The Alchemist & Barrister in Princeton.

If you ever find yourself in Cranbury again, try out 'A Toute Heure'. No charge byob and very good, farm to table.

Lots of good food in that area. I'll have to check those two out sometime - thanks.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tdedek wrote:Haha, sounds like a fun time. I think I know why they may be the first...

Maybe when you and HAK get the wedding and reception wrapped, we can get a NJ/NY gathering together. Kosher Taco sounds like a winner - byob? lol

only if it's Kosher actually i'm unsure of the BYOB status of it, but yeah we should definitely get a gathering going later.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

tdedek wrote:If you ever find yourself in Cranbury again, try out 'A Toute Heure'. No charge byob and very good, farm to table.

Lots of good food in that area. I'll have to check those two out sometime - thanks.

that sounds like a winner to me for the gathering place

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:The Frog and Peach Restaurant... The Alchemist & Barrister

Got a thing for "Thing and another thing" named restaurants? heh

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:that requires going north in jersey. that's usually a bad plan

And going south to the Jersey Devil is better?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I'm about to go Hulk Smash here. Em was up all night with a fever. I'm running on no sleep. And this terminal is driving me insane!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
cheron98 wrote:There's a few locations up northeasterly... but you should head south to Lakewood and check out Kosher Taco.

Located in the heart of a strong Orthodox Jewish and Catholic Mexican community, Lakewood is pleased to offer you the first fusion restaurant of these two cultures... a Kosher Mexican place! No cheesy covered beefy taco goodness here, nosiree.

Um. There are tons of Kosher Mexican restaurants, so not sure about the "first".

tdedek

cheron98 wrote:that sounds like a winner to me for the gathering place

Aw nuts, that's in CranFORD not CranBURY. Still a good spot, just about 30 more miles north

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:While I wholeheartedly agree, and rejoice in the fact that I was apparently born to it, I think Sparky's post was an example of ellipsis: what he was saying was [That will] teach me, etc.

Sorry to force the teacher out in you during the summer - I had to ignore what he was really saying for the sake of humor.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Got a thing for "Thing and another thing" named restaurants? heh

Only in Jersey.

Atlanta - Dante's Down the Hatch for Jazz and Fondue. (Oh Crap! They're closing on July 30th, 2013. I may have to fly there before they do!)

Chicago - Gino's East on Superior

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm

Oooo, strange thing regarding SIM card from last summer in Spain. Apparently, my old phone number was given to someone else. On my Móvil account info, I can see all of the phone calls that they have made using this phone number! I have not noticed any charges to my CC, but my name is somehow still associated with this old number--just a little unnerving!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:And going south to the Jersey Devil is better?

i ran over the Jersey Devil several years ago. he doesn't bother me anymore.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I'm about to go Hulk Smash here. Em was up all night with a fever. I'm running on no sleep. And this terminal is driving me insane!

You mean more insane?

And Output Machine Failing, Guys! is that troll annoying. Perhaps we should stop feeding him.

cheron98

joelsisk wrote:Um. There are tons of Kosher Mexican restaurants, so not sure about the "first".

first in Lakewood, at least

cheron98

tdedek wrote:Aw nuts, that's in CranFORD not CranBURY. Still a good spot, just about 30 more miles north

Make it so!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:i ran over the Jersey Devil several years ago. he doesn't bother me anymore.

That was a New Jersey Red Devil hockey player you ran over.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Only in Jersey.

Atlanta - Dante's Down the Hatch for Jazz and Fondue. (Oh Crap! They're closing on July 30th, 2013. I may have to fly there before they do!)

Chicago - Gino's East on Superior

says the man from the state with the girl and the fig cafe...

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:That was a New Jersey Red Devil hockey player you ran over.

they are not called "red devils". and i'm fairly certain it was THE jersey devil

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Troll feeds tiger...Tiger feeds troll... Troll feeds tiger... Tiger feeds troll ...

I agree with RPM... That should be happening here

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cmaldoon wrote:Troll feeds tiger...Tiger feeds troll... Troll feeds tiger... Tiger feeds troll ...

Then the guy should stop make dumb ass computeing remarks that have no basis, period.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:Troll feeds tiger...Tiger feeds troll... Troll feeds tiger... Tiger feeds troll ...

True. And I love how when I mention 1500+ bottles it's "Chest Thumping", but not when he does it.

Also how the compute is it parsing to expand on a one word post? Evidently, English is not his first language.

Edit: And a well put post in the main thread.

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Then the guy should stop make dumb ass computeing remarks that have no basis, period.

+1

Usual troll. Posts nothing about the wine, but then calls for us to only talk about the wine and not his idiocy.

Edit: Plus, he doesn't seem to get that the means sarcasm.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:says the man from the state with the girl and the fig cafe...

But I haven't been there! We go to The Fig Cafe in Glen Ellen (Sonoma, about 10 minutes from Wellington).

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
MarkDaSpark wrote:+1

Usual troll. Posts nothing about the wine, but then calls for us to only talk about the wine and not his idiocy.

Edit: Plus, he doesn't seem to get that the means sarcasm.

I'm reminded of the "it's not about the nail!" video. Maybe he just wants his views to be validated.

kylemittskus

I know. I know. Ill stop. Sorry.

tdedek

kylemittskus wrote:I know. I know. Ill stop. Sorry.

Wow, mods went to work on the main thread.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

I think it's pretty hilarious just how blind he is to his own bull$H1+; how he keeps insisting that he's only trying to discuss the wine. *Snort.*

I'm almost embarrassed that my square is green, like his. I can only aspire to be better than everybody else for now.

North316

moondigger wrote:I think it's pretty hilarious just how blind he is to his own bull$H1+; how he keeps insisting that he's only trying to discuss the wine. *Snort.*

I'm almost embarrassed that my square is green, like his. I can only aspire to be better than everybody else for now.

I'm pretty sure he is related to Robert Parker.

My CT

kylemittskus

North316 wrote:I'm pretty sure he is related to Robert Parker.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
moondigger wrote:I think it's pretty hilarious just how blind he is to his own bull$H1+; how he keeps insisting that he's only trying to discuss the wine. *Snort.*

I think it's kind of funny that the "better than everyone else" comments were removed from the main thread, since it says that right there on the square if you hover over. It's clearly not meant to be taken literally. I thought silliness was kind of...essential to wootiness.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
tdedek wrote:Wow, mods went to work on the main thread.

I think TT did a good job. It still flows reasonably well.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bahwm

OK, question for our world travelers out there: We now that we have our iPhone 5, which are capable of making phone calls in Europe for $1.29 or $.99 per minute, if you get the verizon plan. But, if our friends in Spain want to call us, they would then be calling us as they would if we were stateside, right? Thus, making the call a long distance call?

I am starting to think that I might be best off getting another unlocked SIM card for the el-cheapo phone that I bought last year! What do you guys think?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
bahwm wrote:OK, question for our world travelers out there: We now that we have our iPhone 5, which are capable of making phone calls in Europe for $1.29 or $.99 per minute, if you get the verizon plan. But, if our friends in Spain want to call us, they would then be calling us as they would if we were stateside, right? Thus, making the call a long distance call?

I am starting to think that I might be best off getting another unlocked SIM card for the el-cheapo phone that I bought last year! What do you guys think?

For temporary use (as on a vacation), you should just get a local (European) SIM card and put it in your iPhone while there. You'll end up with a local phone number there rather than your home number while you use it. Way cheaper than paying Verizon's rates.

tdedek

cmaldoon wrote:I think TT did a good job. It still flows reasonably well.

I thought so too. Guess that's why they keep her around

bahwm

moondigger wrote:For temporary use (as on a vacation), you should just get a local (European) SIM card and put it in your iPhone while there. You'll end up with a local phone number there rather than your home number while you use it. Way cheaper than paying Verizon's rates.

How does this affect my home number? Is there space for two SIM cards? Would they both run simultaneously? And, my iPhone 5 is unlocked and is supposed to work in Europe.

I was just looking at this one:
One SIM Card

North316

tdedek wrote:I thought so too. Guess that's why they keep her around

See...she owes Kyle and I for keeping her employed!

My CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bahwm wrote:How does this affect my home number? Is there space for two SIM cards? Would they both run simultaneously? And, my iPhone 5 is unlocked and is supposed to work in Europe.

I was just looking at this one:
One SIM Card

First, yes with Verizon they would dial the US to get you even though you are in Spain.

Second, how did you get an unlocked Verizon iPhone 5?! If you can put a different SIM in it then while in Europe it will be that SIM's phone number, etc and no longer your normal number. (In the US it would depend on which network it connected to, which identitiy it had, since the SIM is only for GSM networks but Vzw uses CDMA networks in the US) the iPhone isn't multi sim. That shouldn't be a problem as long as you get a prepaid sim with a decent data plan.

Otherwise use the Vzw iPhone as a smart phone (get that global data package) and use the cheap phone as the local to talk on phone.

North316

mother wrote:First, yes with Verizon they would dial the US to get you even though you are in Spain.

Second, how did you get an unlocked Verizon iPhone 5?! If you can put a different SIM in it then while in Europe it will be that SIM's phone number, etc and no longer your normal number. (In the US it would depend on which network it connected to, which identitiy it had, since the SIM is only for GSM networks but Vzw uses CDMA networks in the US) the iPhone isn't multi sim. That shouldn't be a problem as long as you get a prepaid sim with a decent data plan.

Otherwise use the Vzw iPhone as a smart phone (get that global data package) and use the cheap phone as the local to talk on phone.

Carrier pigeon sounds easier than whatever you just typed, hah.

My CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Sorry to force the teacher out in you during the summer - I had to ignore what he was really saying for the sake of humor.

And I, being a total and complete lunkhead, take your humorous post literally and ruin the humor by posting a hopelessly pedantic reply. Seems like these days I might be better off just lurking.
At least I managed to post a reply to the main thread troll without getting into the flame war that I apparently missed, because TT says she deleted a bunch of posts, but left mine alone.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:I think it's kind of funny that the "better than everyone else" comments were removed from the main thread, since it says that right there on the square if you hover over. It's clearly not meant to be taken literally. I thought silliness was kind of...essential to wootiness.

That was why I used it! And with the emoticon to indicate it was not to be taken seriously. Sadly, I don't think he had the intelligence to realize that.

Most especially when he talks about me "parsing" single word posts. Thanks North for trying (before your post got deleted).