cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
loveladyelectric wrote:I didn't think he was trolling too hard. Looking for younger vintages and notes would give you an idea of what the wine should taste like in its prime. Based on most reviews, these wines do indeed seem out of their prime.

I agree. I think he was perfectly civil this time and that any frustration with him today is likely colored by past posting.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
cmaldoon wrote:I agree. I think he was perfectly civil this time and that any frustration with him today is likely colored by past posting.

I hate him.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cmaldoon wrote:I agree. I think he was perfectly civil this time and that any frustration with him today is likely colored by past posting.

But did he add anything to the discussion? It seems he just posts to "hear" himself, since it seems he's just re-posting the obvious.

He seems fixated on whether or not the winery has other vintages. That and always passing on the offer.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:He seems fixated on whether or not the winery has other vintages. That and always passing on the offer.

That's what I noticed! So weird.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:That's what I noticed! So weird.

I really, really wanted to post "If ghyo1 posts, does anyone other than him care?".

But he's not worth getting probation for.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Oh and I didn't say he was trolling. Just that he posted. And seem to be fascinated with younger vintages. Well, and to rile up kyle maybe.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Oh and I didn't say he was trolling. Just that he posted. And seem to be fascinated with younger vintages. Well, and to rile up kyle maybe.

That's always fun!

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:That's always fun!

I need to learn to relax, huh? It seems that lots of things get me worked up.

CAGrl

kylemittskus wrote:I need to learn to relax, huh? It seems that lots of things get me worked up.

Blame it on being a new parent.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Ya, like the idea is that if they stop producing a particular wine or stop producing completely that there must be a negative reason behind it.

Great wineries go out of business, winemakers/owners retire and fruit sources can dry up or be thrown in a blend when they wouldn't stand up for a single bottling in particular vintages. Many other reasons. Guess we don't have to worry about him buying up any McClean if it ever shows up again anywhere.

"I'm afraid that crashing sound is wine being dumped." lol

CAGrl

tdedek wrote:Ya, like the idea is that if they stop producing a particular wine or stop producing completely that there must be a negative reason behind it.

Great wineries go out of business, winemakers/owners retire and fruit sources can dry up or be thrown in a blend when they wouldn't stand up for a single bottling in particular vintages. Many other reasons. Guess we don't have to worry about him buying up any McClean if it ever shows up again anywhere.

I couldn't have said it better myself and I kept trying to.

MarkDaSpark

Gotta love internet Customer Service. Ordered a new hip holster for my phone from Amazon. The supplier sends me the wrong one, which doesn't fit, and isn't even the same brand as ordered.

Wants to know if I'll keep it with a refund of 50% of the order price and shipping. 386s!

No, I want one that will fit my phone and that I can use!

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
tdedek wrote:Ya, like the idea is that if they stop producing a particular wine or stop producing completely that there must be a negative reason behind it.

Not to mention 2010 and 2011 were tough vintages all around, so shrinking the portfolio is not uncommon. Or /gasp/ they actually don't release wine until its ready.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
cheron98 wrote:Someone just tried to buy computer parts with my credit card, and it wasn't me.

and tried to purchase an online workout program with ANOTHER card. which narrows down where they got the numbers from, cuz there's really very few places i've used both.

both cards cancelled, along with third card that was used at likely target as a precaution. fun times.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I need to learn to relax, huh? It seems that lots of things get me worked up.

No, no ... we can't expect bowtie to drink Saké all the time!

And was I too subtle in the main thread?

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:and tried to purchase an online workout program with ANOTHER card. which narrows down where they got the numbers from, cuz there's really very few places i've used both.

both cards cancelled, along with third card that was used at likely target as a precaution. fun times.

And where was this, pray tell? Since we may also want to avoid going there.

cheron98

CAGrl wrote: I'm sorry. Hopefully it gets all taken care of soon. Not fun before a wedding.

eh, no biggie. my banks are awesome, got it taken care of without any hassle.

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:ewww... thats not good... we had people pay for parking and buy a plane ticket in Canada with our cc.... it's a pain in the butt because now you have to really really check your cc statement to make sure there are no more charges....

i think it got caught pretty fast. fortunately the one card that put me on alert, i don't use often, so it wasn't hard to verify the charges on it. the other i was able to easily identify my purchases, and there was only the one "trial" charge of theirs. the third i just cancelled in precaution. no unknown charges on it, but i'm not taking the chance. i'm pretty good about keeping an eye on the accounts.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
CAGrl wrote:Oh and I didn't say he was trolling. Just that he posted. And seem to be fascinated with younger vintages. Well, and to rile up kyle maybe.
MarkDaSpark wrote:That's always fun!

OMG! Sparky's quoting the troll:

MarkDaSpark wrote:Drink now?

It would be interesting to try these, but as slow as I drink my wines, I reluctantly pass.
"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Try and get someone a wedding present ...

Sorry to hear it. Luckily it's now, and not right before the Wedding and Wootception!

Speaking of the Wootception, everyone who thinks they might go should at least send a "Maybe" to HaK & Cheron's email. How else are they going to know how much 2-buck Chuck to buy?

we're gonna go all out and get Andre Cold Duck for the bubbly, too!

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Output Machine Failing, Guys!! Sparky's quoting the troll:
MarkDaSpark wrote:
Drink now?

It would be interesting to try these, but as slow as I drink my wines, I reluctantly pass.

Too subtle?

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:we're gonna go all out and get Andre Cold Duck for the bubbly, too!

Wait, are you trying to make people drop out?

cheron98

kylemittskus wrote:I hate him.

with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns?

cheron98

well, you know, with 1500 bottles in his collection with one that recently sold for over $9000, it's a wonder he even comes to wine.woot. we should clearly be bowing to his expertise.

cheron98

CAGrl wrote:Blame it on being a new parent.

so what was his excuse before the child?

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:And where was this, pray tell? Since we may also want to avoid going there.

don't think it'll be a problem unless you're in jersey with a craving for thai.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:so what was his excuse before the child?

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Wait, are you trying to make people drop out?

just expanding on your promise of 2 buck chuck to let people know we'll be doubling that cost for the bubbles. just for you all. that's how much we care.

tdedek

cheron98 wrote:don't think it'll be a problem unless you're in jersey with a craving for thai.

Do tell...love Thai and live in Jersey!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:don't think it'll be a problem unless you're in jersey with a craving for thai.

You're right. Who in their right minds would want to go to Jersey?

CAGrl

ghyo1 wrote:Ignore.

He's just being mean now. And yeah, he is not civil. I don't think he knows civil. He must hate Kyle

cheron98

tdedek wrote:Do tell...love Thai and live in Jersey!

not a lot of options in my neck of the shore, sadly, but there's a local chain called Sultan Wok that you can order online through. they do Chinese, Thai, and Japanese...none of which particularly well, but certainly acceptable, and the online ordering thing is nice.

y'know, until their rudimentary system gets hacked and you have to deal with that.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:You're right. Who in their right minds would want to go to Jersey?

beats me. though i hear there's some fancy shindig happening in early august that i might go check out.

and the boardwalk is awesome.

tdedek

cheron98 wrote:not a lot of options in my neck of the shore, sadly, but there's a local chain called Sultan Wok that you can order online through. they do Chinese, Thai, and Japanese...none of which particularly well, but certainly acceptable, and the online ordering thing is nice.

y'know, until their rudimentary system gets hacked and you have to deal with that.

Ah, haven't heard of them around here, I'm up in the Northeast. At least they stick to the foods of Asia. Couple Mexican/Chinese places around here...wt h?

cheron98

tdedek wrote:Ah, haven't heard of them around here, I'm up in the Northeast. At least they stick to the foods of Asia. Couple Mexican/Chinese places around here...wt h?

There's a few locations up northeasterly... but you should head south to Lakewood and check out Kosher Taco.

Located in the heart of a strong Orthodox Jewish and Catholic Mexican community, Lakewood is pleased to offer you the first fusion restaurant of these two cultures... a Kosher Mexican place! No cheesy covered beefy taco goodness here, nosiree.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:He's just being mean now. And yeah, he is not civil. I don't think he knows civil. He must hate Kyle

I think it's mutual. But yes, it was unnecessary.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cheron98 wrote:well, you know, with 1500 bottles in his collection with one that recently sold for over $9000, it's a wonder he even comes to wine.woot. we should clearly be bowing to his expertise.

Thanks for the reminder. If he keeps it up I need to ask him how he possibly going to drink 1,500 bottles before they age beyond what his perfect palate can tolerate.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tdedek

cheron98 wrote:There's a few locations up northeasterly... but you should head south to Lakewood and check out Kosher Taco.

Located in the heart of a strong Orthodox Jewish and Catholic Mexican community, Lakewood is pleased to offer you the first fusion restaurant of these two cultures... a Kosher Mexican place! No cheesy covered beefy taco goodness here, nosiree.

Haha, sounds like a fun time. I think I know why they may be the first...

Maybe when you and HAK get the wedding and reception wrapped, we can get a NJ/NY gathering together. Kosher Taco sounds like a winner - byob? lol

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:There's a few locations up northeasterly... but you should head south to Lakewood and check out Kosher Taco.

When I would visit our regional office in Cranbury, we'd try to go to The Frog and Peach Restaurant in New Brunswick. Ran into Capt. Sisko there one time (his wife taught/teaches at Rutgers). Terrific Creme Bruleé.

We'd also go to The Alchemist & Barrister in Princeton.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:When I would visit our regional office in Cranbury, we'd try to go to The Frog and Peach Restaurant in New Brunswick. Ran into Capt. Sisko there one time (his wife taught/teaches at Rutgers). Terrific Creme Bruleé.

We'd also go to The Alchemist & Barrister in Princeton.

that requires going north in jersey. that's usually a bad plan