kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:He was just saying "Goodbye" to that offer, not forever (as some have indicated, but then returned again). But then as usual, he came back twice in the same offer thread.

He's back in the current offer's thread.

Edit: top! (kickin' it OG style)

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:ohh .. I wonder if I can have him hold a few bottles for me to pick up at the wootception?

I've got a whole case, we can likely split it if needed, since we may decide to pick up other wines instead, but there's at least a case on hold

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
cheron98 wrote:I've got a whole case, we can likely split it if needed, since we may decide to pick up other wines instead, but there's at least a case on hold

thanks, I prob. would only want 1 depending on what else I buy when I'm there..... but shhhhh.. don't tell Mr. Mommadeb.....

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:I've got a whole case, we can likely split it if needed, since we may decide to pick up other wines instead, but there's at least a case on hold

Enjoy the wootception. Oh, and that wedding thing that makes it all come together.

I expect to be made jealous that I failed to make it. I know you can meet my expectations.

Good luck this summer.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mommadeb1 wrote:thanks, I prob. would only want 1 depending on what else I buy when I'm there..... but shhhhh.. don't tell Mr. Mommadeb.....

The question is, will we have room in the car for everything you buy?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:The question is, will we have room in the car for everything you buy?

You mean after you fill up the car with everything you'll be buying?

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:You mean after you fill up the car with everything you'll be buying?

You know us all too well.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
ddeuddeg wrote:The question is, will we have room in the car for everything you buy?

Wait you didn't rent a uhaul?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I blame all of you for bringing up the rho guy from yesterday, making me go to the main thread, only to end up reading it and buying...I've done so well, too!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Yeah, I'm figuring that's going to be an expensive weekend. Especially if that rose is tasty...which it probably is.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

hmmmm good point....lets think about this.... I can check 2 cases and cram what I need into a small carry on.... you guys can check 4 cases.. plus 2 carry ons..... no worries!!!

ddeuddeg

mommadeb1 wrote:hmmmm good point....lets think about this.... I can check 2 cases and cram what I need into a small carry on.... you guys can check 4 cases.. plus 2 carry ons..... no worries!!!

This assumes that we can manage for a week with what we can fit into a carry-on. We're lucky to be able to do that for an overnight. To say nothing of the hassle of schlepping 4 cases of wine around the airport. Two cases is bad enough.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:He's back in the current offer's thread.

Edit: top! (kickin' it OG style)

Didn't you already say that in the post I replied to, that you just replied to? (Say that 3 times fast!)

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Output Machine Failing, Guys! .... Pregnant & Dating show. Luckily I was more interested in Rizoli & Isles, but P&D was such a train wreck, it was hard to stop watching!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Output Machine Failing, Guys! .... Pregnant & Dating show. Luckily I was more interested in Rizoli & Isles, but P&D was such a train wreck, it was hard to stop watching!

RED ALERT!!! I think Sparky's finally started drinking his wine!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
ddeuddeg wrote:RED ALERT!!! I think Sparky's finally started drinking his wine!

Technically we don't know that it was wine, nor that it was his. BTW the reply I really wanted to make went in that other thread ;)

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:This assumes that we can manage for a week with what we can fit into a carry-on. We're lucky to be able to do that for an overnight. To say nothing of the hassle of schlepping 4 cases of wine around the airport. Two cases is bad enough.

ohh... I forgot about schlepping the cases in the airport... and I won't have Mr. Mommadeb to do it for me.....hmmmmmm
but seriously pm me and we can talk what you would be comfortable with me bringing.....

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Technically we don't know that it was wine, nor that it was his. BTW the reply I really wanted to make went in that other thread ;)

Correct, since it was Scotch. Teach me to drink Scotch and not wine!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:Correct, since it was Scotch. Teach me to drink Scotch and not wine!

Scotch is not taught, you are either born to it or you are not.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:Output Machine Failing, Guys! .... Pregnant & Dating show. Luckily I was more interested in Rizoli & Isles, but P&D was such a train wreck, it was hard to stop watching!

wait, that's a real show? I hate humanity

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ddeuddeg

mommadeb1 wrote:ohh... I forgot about schlepping the cases in the airport... and I won't have Mr. Mommadeb to do it for me.....hmmmmmm
but seriously pm me and we can talk what you would be comfortable with me bringing.....

No need for a PM -- we'll find a way to manage whatever you can handle without Mr. M.

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Scotch is not taught, you are either born to it or you are not.

While I wholeheartedly agree, and rejoice in the fact that I was apparently born to it, I think Sparky's post was an example of ellipsis: what he was saying was [That will] teach me, etc.

ddeuddeg

mother wrote:Technically we don't know that it was wine, nor that it was his.

Mere technicalities, not really affecting my point.

cheron98

Someone just tried to buy computer parts with my credit card, and it wasn't me.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
polarbear22 wrote:Scotch is not taught, you are either born to it or you are not.

+1

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:Someone just tried to buy computer parts with my credit card, and it wasn't me.

Carp.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:wait, that's a real show? I hate humanity

Yes it is. Seems like only one has a POS for an ex (she got preggers (with twins!), told him, and he took off). Sounded like the others were 1 night stands from the little I listened. But it sounded like they were mostly models too (hand or foot models? )

I really don't blame the scotch, but rather the fact I was watching R&I live, instead of putting it on pause and then skipping over the commercials. ADOS really is a piece of ... Ooh, Shiny!

And it still wasn't anywhere close to the train wreck I was forced to watch by MichelleSisk last summer during the RPM Tour (went to say goodbye and drink some Port with Joel). THAT was even worse!

Although neither probably reaches close to that one show ... (Honey Boo-boo).

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:While I wholeheartedly agree, and rejoice in the fact that I was apparently born to it, I think Sparky's post was an example of ellipsis: what he was saying was [That will] teach me, etc.

Thank you!

Just glad it wasn't Moonshine, lord knows what I would have found then!

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:And it still wasn't anywhere close to the train wreck I was forced to watch by MichelleSisk last summer during the RPM Tour (went to say goodbye and drink some Port with Joel). THAT was even worse!

That's right. Man that was some train wreck programming.

CAGrl

cheron98 wrote:Someone just tried to buy computer parts with my credit card, and it wasn't me.

I'm sorry. Hopefully it gets all taken care of soon. Not fun before a wedding.

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:No need for a PM -- we'll find a way to manage whatever you can handle without Mr. M.

thanks! I have a feeling it will be only 1 case that I bring.... we shall see

mommadeb1

ewww... thats not good... we had people pay for parking and buy a plane ticket in Canada with our cc.... it's a pain in the butt because now you have to really really check your cc statement to make sure there are no more charges....

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Thank you!

Just glad it wasn't Moonshine, lord knows what I would have found then!

mmm apple pie moonshine.... very dangerous!! we have friends of friends who make it....

MarkDaSpark

Try and get someone a wedding present ...

Sorry to hear it. Luckily it's now, and not right before the Wedding and Wootception!

Speaking of the Wootception, everyone who thinks they might go should at least send a "Maybe" to HaK & Cheron's email. How else are they going to know how much 2-buck Chuck to buy?

CAGrl

X-Post

ghyo1 wrote:Today's offering has two wines, that, in reading the posted reviews, may be past their prime. These have not been offered before, so there is no way to judge their quality from past posts. (Apparently, the Mccrae Family Winery has not offered any chardonnay since 2008, and only a single wine in 2009.) At the given price, it would appear to be an excellent value, but not at the expense of quality.
I reluctantly pass.

He's back!!! And while I'm not buying the wines, what is his fascination with availability of the younger vintages of the same wines. He likes his wines young apparently.

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:mmm apple pie moonshine.... very dangerous!! we have friends of friends who make it....

I have some apple moonshine a friend of a friend made. I'll bring some to the wootception.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
CAGrl wrote:X-Post

He's back!!! And while I'm not buying the wines, what is his fascination with availability of the younger vintages of the same wines. He likes his wines young apparently.

I didn't think he was trolling too hard. Looking for younger vintages and notes would give you an idea of what the wine should taste like in its prime. Based on most reviews, these wines do indeed seem out of their prime.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
CAGrl wrote:That's right. Man that was some train wreck programming.

that's why I sat with my back to the tv! Better company and great Angel Eis and Forte.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:mmm apple pie moonshine.... very dangerous!! we have friends of friends who make it....

Well, you are in the South ...

Just make sure you don't talk to the cops about their family, if they are part of the Bennett clan. You especially don't want to drink their "special" Apple Pie Moonshine!

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:that's why I sat with my back to the tv! Better company and great Angel Eis and Forte.

True, true, but you are used to suffering through it! But having those three items made it bearable.