cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:Wow...even after the cleaning job by the mods, the main thread is pretty feisty today. All over nothing, too. Oy.

All in good fun. Those who take this all too seriously need a chill pill. I enjoy a good debate as much as the next fella but we have to let those who have no intention of having a logical argument or feel hurt over stupid things be. Taking them head on is lose lose.

Edit. Sparklehorse

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Wow...even after the cleaning job by the mods, the main thread is pretty feisty today. All over nothing, too. Oy.

And as usual, the troll says goodbye, and then pops back in twice.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:I wish. We're flying down because the wedding is the weekend before Thanksgiving. I was hoping we could drive and visit some family in southern California, but it won't work.

I'm sensing a SoCal gathering in November at RJ's (in SD).

Although only Cortot's SWMBO will be allowed, he called the rest of us in SoCal a dirty name! And didn't use Orbit afterwards!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'm sensing a SoCal gathering in November at RJ's (in SD).

Although only Cortot's SWMBO will be allowed, he called the rest of us in SoCal a dirty name! And didn't use Orbit afterwards!

Hahaha. Well, we'll be there 11/22 until 11/25. The wedding is 11/23 and the rehearsal is 11/22. So if you do a gathering, it'll have to be 11/24. Doubtful since it's right before Thanksgiving.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Hahaha. Well, we'll be there 11/22 until 11/25. The wedding is 11/23 and the rehearsal is 11/22. So if you do a gathering, it'll have to be 11/24. Doubtful since it's right before Thanksgiving.

Three days will plenty of time to recover for Thanksgiving!

So everyone, the 24th at RJ's!

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
rjquillin wrote:We did about the same thing here. When we moved in in '90, the following year we had lots of nasty storms. Not like yours, but a lot of downed trees and limbs and many outages for hours and at one point lasting into days. After the second short one, I grabbed a 7KW unit and plugged it into the dryer outlet we don't use; propane dryer. A couple tugs and it starts up, main breaker off, dryer breaker on and all is good. Can't run the well pump or A/C, and at night the microwave is dicey with other loads, but all the essentials are in place. Have three UPS units on critical computing and communication devices.
Now, if only the PV system would work during an outage...

I want to note: Unless you know what you're doing, don't do this at home, kids! Frying the guy from Edison who's trying to repair the downed lines is considered to be Bad Form.

Is your PV set up to go straight to Edison for a credit on the bill?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
zTimothyBz wrote:I want to note: Unless you know what you're doing, don't do this at home, kids! Frying the guy from Edison who's trying to repair the downed lines is considered to be Bad Form.

It's a compliant grid-tie system;grid goes down, inverters shut off. Grid needs to be back on and stable for 305 seconds before the inverters come back online. Sucks as a backup for that reason, hence the generator.

November 24th, humm, a Sunday no less. That could work for me I suppose...

Need to check with SWMBO or it could get interesting. Looks like I'll do that and see.

CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
klezman wrote:Better yet, have the baby hang out with the grandparents and then Kyle and his lovely wife could both join in for the fun! Who doesn't like to party with El Jefe?? Especially if those bacon/Pig Stai brownies make an appearance.

Not only that, but there will be an entire roast pig!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
zTimothyBz wrote:I want to note: Unless you know what you're doing, don't do this at home, kids! Frying the guy from Edison who's trying to repair the downed lines is considered to be Bad Form.

This is why I'll have the electrician set it up for us. No need frying the people who are there to help restore power.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
rjquillin wrote: I grabbed a 7KW unit and plugged it into the dryer outlet we don't use;

They call the double male cable you use to go from the twist-lock to the dryer outlet a "Suicide Cord"

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Not only that, but there will be an entire roast pig!

Bhodilee's coming?

HitAnyKey42

MarkDaSpark wrote:Bhodilee's coming?

We wish....

....silly man is spending money on fixing up his house, rather than using that money to come out to see all of us. His priorities are all in the wrong place.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
mother wrote:They call the double male cable you use to go from the twist-lock to the dryer outlet a "Suicide Cord"

indeed! A 240 volt one at that..
Someone has to inherent the wine I don't drink.

CT

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Something new from Twisted Oak. Hopefully some of it shows up on Woot:

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

HitAnyKey42

redwinefan wrote:Something new from Twisted Oak. Hopefully some of it shows up on Woot:

I highly doubt it. Since, as per a comment he made on his FB page, it will likely sell out long before October, without him having to discount it for Woot. He only made 100 cases.
Cat apparently already has a case of it reserved for us to pick up at the Wootception.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I highly doubt it. Since, as per a comment he made on his FB page, it will likely sell out long before October, without him having to discount it for Woot. He only made 100 cases.
Cat apparently already has a case of it reserved for us to pick up at the Wootception.

Very cool! Let us know how it is. I might order some myself.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I highly doubt it. Since, as per a comment he made on his FB page, it will likely sell out long before October, without him having to discount it for Woot. He only made 100 cases.

ohh .. I wonder if I can have him hold a few bottles for me to pick up at the wootception?

HitAnyKey42

mommadeb1 wrote:ohh .. I wonder if I can have him hold a few bottles for me to pick up at the wootception?

If you go to his website and go through the checkout process, there is an option for pickup at winery. So you can choose that, and there's also a box for typing Order Notes. You can enter into the notes that you will pick it up at the Wootception.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

CAGrl

HitAnyKey42 wrote:If you go to his website and go through the checkout process, there is an option for pickup at winery. So you can choose that, and there's also a box for typing Order Notes. You can enter into the notes that you will pick it up at the Wootception.

Or maybe Cat could order it and use her discount???

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:

I'll vollunteer! You have pretty decent taste in wine.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
CAGrl wrote:Or maybe Cat could order it and use her discount???

el jefe is setting up a discount for wooter purchases that weekend. dunno how much, but he said it'd be good

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

CAGrl

cheron98 wrote:el jefe is setting up a discount for wooter purchases that weekend. dunno how much, but he said it'd be good

Oooh, this could get dangerous. Do you think he could set aside some of the Rosa for us too?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

redwinefan wrote:Something new from Twisted Oak. Hopefully some of it shows up on Woot:

this is officially on our radar screen. thanks for the heads up.

HitAnyKey42

cheron98 wrote:el jefe is setting up a discount for wooter purchases that weekend. dunno how much, but he said it'd be good

If that isn't enough incentive for the rest of you to get off your butts (or just use your fingers to type an email, and remain on your butt for now) and join us for the Wootception, then I don't know what is.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
cortot20 wrote:All in good fun. Those who take this all too seriously need a chill pill. I enjoy a good debate as much as the next fella but we have to let those who have no intention of having a logical argument or feel hurt over stupid things be. Taking them head on is lose lose.

Edit. Sparklehorse

hear hear!
Rather than take them seriously, try trollbaiting instead. It's much more fun!

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:If that isn't enough incentive for the rest of you to get off your butts (or just use your fingers to type an email, and remain on your butt for now) and join us for the Wootception, then I don't know what is.

Reminding them that Scott Harvey's Amador tasting room is close by as well?

Also Vino Noceto & C.G. DiArie!

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

the latest fashion?

Cat - is this like something the bridesmaids are wearing?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

joelsisk wrote:the latest fashion?

Not very flattering to the hips. LOL

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

richardhod

ddeuddeg wrote:There's a wonderful article linked in the penultimate paragraph. Don't miss it.

Thank you for that!
I find the article problematic because while there is much bull flying around many creative spaces, and humans have a tendency for unwarranted hyperbole and semantic experimentation, that doesn't prove there is no substance to the activity.
I'll come back to this later, because it brings up some very important points around aesthetic espistemologies.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
HitAnyKey42 wrote:We wish....

....silly man is spending money on fixing up his house, rather than using that money to come out to see all of us. His priorities are all in the wrong place.

Keeping my marriage together. Total wrong priorities ;)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:indeed! A 240 volt one at that..

For family, it is inherent to inherit!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

richardhod wrote:Thank you for that!
I find the article problematic because while there is much bull flying around many creative spaces, and humans have a tendency for unwarranted hyperbole and semantic experimentation, that doesn't prove there is no substance to the activity.
I'll come back to this later, because it brings up some very important points around aesthetic espistemologies.

thankfully I don't fall prey to either hyperbole or semantic experimentation.

cheron98

joelsisk wrote:the latest fashion?

That's exactly it! How did you find it? Darn, now the surprise is ruined...

cheron98

richardhod wrote:Thank you for that!

Richard likes big words...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:And as usual, the troll says goodbye, and then pops back in twice.

He's back.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:He's back.

Whne he just typed "I'm here because I can't resist RRV PN", I really wanted to reply and say "Good, I hope Lucas spits on your bottle"

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

richardhod

I didn't see a troll. They must have cleaned it up!

In the meanwhile, here's a pointer to the Chinese takeover of Bordeaux
http://www.sudouest.fr/2012/11/27/vin-la-carte-des-chateaux-du-bordelais-rachetes-par-des-chinois-891771-713.php

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

I finally came to my senses last night while I was working on the photo book from our trip to Spain last year. I realized that there was no way that I could include our entire trip in the book for our friends in Spain--not enough time to truly put it all together! So, I started a new one today that includes only the week that we spent with them, and also, some of their pictures. I then wrote a nice little note of appreciation on the last page. That should work. I just got an email that they have extended the 50% off price on photo books to tomorrow! I think I will wait until we get back to order our copy--that way I can add more details for those names and places that might be a bit sketchy once I check with them in Spain.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:He's back.

He was just saying "Goodbye" to that offer, not forever (as some have indicated, but then returned again). But then as usual, he came back twice in the same offer thread.

MarkDaSpark

richardhod wrote:I didn't see a troll. They must have cleaned it up!

In the meanwhile, here's a pointer to the Chinese takeover of Bordeaux
http://www.sudouest.fr/2012/11/27/vin-la-carte-des-chateaux-du-bordelais-rachetes-par-des-chinois-891771-713.php

They did clean it up. He had the last post (2nd of his posts after saying "Goodbye") last night, so I went and responded that I thought he said "Goodbye".

They even deleted that one!

Edit: Look for posts and/or responses to ghyo1.