HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 28 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
ddeuddeg wrote:Coors Lite.

What's wrong with Coors Lite? I just had some twice last week, both at volleyball & at the Jersey Shore.

EDIT: Not only that, but I got a Sparky! with this post.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg
CAGrl wrote:It was fun telling my husband that some guy was going to come to my hotel room to pick me up to take me to dinner with people I've never met in real life. Should have seen the look he gave me. It was a blast!

And I was just telling him last night that we need to do a trip out that way.

You'll both certainly always be welcome here. Lots of luck catching us at home this summer, though.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
ddeuddeg wrote:
You'll both certainly always be welcome here. Lots of luck catching us at home this summer, though.

Yeah. This year is out. We have a wedding to go to in San Diego and with his new job, he doesn't have a lot of PTO. Maybe next year but who knows. I'm still wanting to check out the ice wine festival, but that happens during football season and it's hard to tear him away from that.

ddeuddeg

There's been a woopdedoo sighting!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:What's wrong with Coors Lite? I just had some twice last week, both at volleyball & at the Jersey Shore.

EDIT: Not only that, but I got a Sparky! with this post.

What's RIGHT with Coors Light? Blech.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ddeuddeg

CAGrl wrote:Yeah. This year is out. We have a wedding to go to in San Diego and with his new job, he doesn't have a lot of PTO. Maybe next year but who knows. I'm still wanting to check out the ice wine festival, but that happens during football season and it's hard to tear him away from that.

Football season!? Bah! Last time we went icewine festing, it was the week between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. We could shoot for that weekend again.
At least we'll get to see you guys this August.
EDIT: AFC and NFC Championship games are scheduled for 1/19/14, and the Super Bowl is (tentatively) scheduled for 2/2, so the weekend of 1/25-26 will be football-free (unless one considers the Pro Bowl football).

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
ddeuddeg wrote:Playing with fire, you two.
Fortunately, with friends, you can get away with this kind of teasing, and no one gets upset. Kyle and I used to go at it pretty good a while back, until we figured out we're really just friends who haven't actually met yet. One of the great beauties of wine.woot is the friendships we've formed over the years. Where else could you get invited to dinner, just because you'd be in Buffalo taking the bar exam? And we wouldn't have taken no for an answer.

I vehemently agree with this entire post.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:Of course you did. Did you find that link?

What link?

You're assuming I cared about it in the first place.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:What's RIGHT with Coors Light? Blech.

They can't drink White Zin all the time, can they?

Hmmm, I wonder what the rankings would be for Coors Lt vs. Bud Lt. vs. Miller Lt.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

It was my dad's favorite. He thought it was hilarious, how I was so disgusted by it.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:There's been a woopdedoo sighting!

Where?????

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:I vehemently agree with this entire post.

And you would be equally welcome here, if your fortunes ever bring you to Buffalo. Meanwhile, there's a Wootception in Murphys on 8/24.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:What link?

You're assuming I cared about it in the first place.

I'm not assuming anything of the sort, just going by your own post.

cmaldoon wrote:Wait..... Which link? I didn't see any in that paragraph

MarkDaSpark wrote:I was wondering that myself...

MarkDaSpark

Just when you thought it was safe to shop in stores again, Twinkies are back!

Well, in July anyway.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:...figured senility is finally getting to D-dog...

Waiting for a retraction.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Waiting for a retraction.

That I'm sorry senility is getting to you?

Edit: I figured you had a word of the day calendar and today's word was "Penultimate".

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Where?????

Here.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:That I'm sorry senility is getting to you?

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:

IFTFY

cmaldoon

quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
ddeuddeg wrote:Here.

I was reading the article on my phone. that pungent overtones section was not there on the mobile site!

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:IFTFY

ddeuddeg

cmaldoon wrote:I was reading the article on my phone. that pungent overtones section was not there on the mobile site!

No wonder you couldn't see it. If I had realized it would be a problem, I would have just posted the link in the first place. Here it is. I thought it was fun reading.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
ddeuddeg wrote:No wonder you couldn't see it. If I had realized it would be a problem, I would have just posted the link in the first place. Here it is. I thought it was fun reading.

It was a fun read, and for the most part I agree though I will also say that his computer generated wines do NOT sound nearly as tasty as the real examples he noted (with the possible exception of the 1959 Pinot with it's "Sweaty pinot fruit").

There are some more meanings behind many of the terms than he gives credit for but I DO feel that wine terminology today is too nuanced. It should be simplified.

My Suggestion: Do it in French (100,000 words) instead of English (250,000-1,000,000 words). Then translate it back!.

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:They can't drink White Zin all the time, can they?

Hmmm, I wonder what the rankings would be for Coors Lt vs. Bud Lt. vs. Miller Lt.

One hot day last week, on my way home from un-air conditioned school, I had to stop for a traffic light right by a gas station mini-mart. A guy, carrying a 12 pack of Blue Light (a.k.a. Labatt Blue Light), crossed directly in front of my car on foot. I soooo wanted to roll down my window and yell out "Ooooh, toss one of those in here, please!" However, I resisted. Labatt's is definitely better that any Sparky mentioned, but not like a craft beer.

Speaking of beer: We get to taste the beer that we helped brew with justinrsanderson on Wed. Can't wait!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm

ddeuddeg & I have been taking a few photography classes. We have one more on Saturday. Our instructor wants me to email him what I think are my 10 best pics before Sat. While in Spain, I took 1673 pictures! I have no idea how many I took pre-tour; tour & post-tour! I figure I need to work on a photo book for our friends from Spain, so I can probably find some pics there. I do know a few of my favs from the tour set & cheron gave me her two favs.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22

You really are good!!

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Wow....I go shopping all day with daughter (which was challenging) to see all the fun Ive been missing here in the pub.

First Happy BBBIIRRTHHDDDAYY!!!
to Niel and Nallie

Second: will have to check main thread to see whats going on...

Third: Oh yes the look on hubby's face when I texted.. "I'm in the backseat of a car going to lunch with 2 guys I just met.... don't have a clue where we are headed" must have been priceless!!

Or... heading to our local restaurant to meet some guy who is going to give me a bottle of wine... Then, going to have lunch with the guy I met last year who gave me some wine.....

All I can' say is I love my woot friends!!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
North316 wrote:If I wasn't under the weather I would have made the same comments to him earlier in the morning.

Also, thanks for telling me my tasting notes suck.

Due to illness, that was pointed out.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:And you would be equally welcome here, if your fortunes ever bring you to Buffalo. Meanwhile, there's a Wootception in Murphys on 8/24.

He's using the baby excuse to not join us

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:He's using the baby excuse to not join us

The what? Tell him to bring the baby. If necessary, I'll bring a bottle of '05 Ty Caton FB Red for him. For Kyle, not the baby.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 28 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
ddeuddeg wrote:The what? Tell him to bring the baby. If necessary, I'll bring a bottle of '05 Ty Caton FB Red for him. For Kyle, not the baby.

Even I still have 2 bottles of the '05 FB if that's what it'd take him to come.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Even I still have 2 bottles of the '05 FB if that's what it'd take him to come.

Sparky probably still has a case

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:Sparky probably still has a case

You'd lose that bet. It's :sniff: down to 9.

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie

You all are such a thoughtful bunch. Thank you for remembering me on my birthday!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

klezman

quality posts: 114 Private Messages klezman
richardhod wrote:Hello peeps. Only posting occcasionally, but I thought you might like to dissect this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/23/wine-tasting-junk-science-analysis

Yeah, where have you been?? Coming back to our side of the pond any time soon?

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

bahwm wrote:Happy Birthday, Ms Nallie & Neil! Enjoy!

+1! Hope you guys opened something special!

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

CAGrl wrote:Yeah. This year is out. We have a wedding to go to in San Diego and with his new job, he doesn't have a lot of PTO. Maybe next year but who knows. I'm still wanting to check out the ice wine festival, but that happens during football season and it's hard to tear him away from that.

Feel free to stop by our place in LA if you drive to San Diego...

klezman

ddeuddeg wrote:The what? Tell him to bring the baby. If necessary, I'll bring a bottle of '05 Ty Caton FB Red for him. For Kyle, not the baby.

Better yet, have the baby hang out with the grandparents and then Kyle and his lovely wife could both join in for the fun! Who doesn't like to party with El Jefe?? Especially if those bacon/Pig Stai brownies make an appearance.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
klezman wrote:Feel free to stop by our place in LA if you drive to San Diego...

I wish. We're flying down because the wedding is the weekend before Thanksgiving. I was hoping we could drive and visit some family in southern California, but it won't work.

klezman

Wow...even after the cleaning job by the mods, the main thread is pretty feisty today. All over nothing, too. Oy.