chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
bahwm wrote:I would open it to see if there was any damage. Of course, since it it a PN, you probably want to let it sit and rest per Sparky. You know how finicky PN can be! Mine is a Buena Vista Zin. I just hope that we get it with enough time to let it sit & taste it before we leave for Spain & France.

I PnP'd my sample bottle of R Merlo PN the day after I got it and it was fine, although it only made a one-way trip from CA to OH, not back again.

Are you going to get a chance to visit La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona?

EDIT:

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
polarbear22 wrote:BETSy it is then.

Oh, PB. That is awesome and terrible all at the same time.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

kylemittskus wrote:I have never been in probation.

yup. right. sure. we believe you, PSquishy

cheron98

i may or may not be on my third glass of wine after having accepted the sacrificial gift of Maine lobster...

the octocat is pleased. for now.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I have been saying for a long time that I have never found anything you say offensive

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:i may or may not be on my third glass of wine after having accepted the sacrificial gift of Maine lobster...

ME Lobster, the best there is. Even better if you get it in ME.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cheron98 wrote:i may or may not be on my third glass of wine after having accepted the sacrificial gift of Maine lobster...

I should say so! Enjoy!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
polarbear22 wrote:ME Lobster, the best there is. Even better if you get it in ME.

Which is of course the state abbreviation for Maine, not some kinda odd I, Robot thing.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
chemvictim wrote:More house-related fun. Apparently our love of vivid color is not shared by the HOA Master Control Programs. Had to go choose a new trim color.

why..if you want vivid you should have vivid!

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:So does anybody have any job prospects? I'm drinking to drown my sorrows. I just got laid off and would appreciate any help I can get.

ohhh noooos!!!! What happened?

mommadeb1

Lobster? me too!! no kids at home to whine that they want some!! That and the Pacific Rim Sav. Blanc I got at Meeker....yummmm ...I think I am on either glass 3 or 4....I lost count!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
chipgreen wrote:Are you going to get a chance to visit La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona?

Absolutely! We're not going to spend a week there and miss out on that. Anything else you think we should see?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
ThunderThighs wrote:

Yes, we all had a good laugh over that one!

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
ThunderThighs wrote:

+1!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Here, or in real life?
I can claim once, many many many years ago.

CT

cheron98

polarbear22 wrote:ME Lobster, the best there is. Even better if you get it in ME.

twas. freshly caught yesterday morning and steamed on the dock for transport home by HAK's mom. om nom.

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:Lobster? me too!! no kids at home to whine that they want some!! That and the Pacific Rim Sav. Blanc I got at Meeker....yummmm ...I think I am on either glass 3 or 4....I lost count!

2004 Twisted Oak Marsanne. a beautiful pairing. followed shortly thereafter by 2006 Field Stone Convivio and zombies.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cheron98 wrote:twas. freshly caught yesterday morning and steamed on the dock for transport home by HAK's mom. om nom.

Nevermind, I'm sure HaKs mom chilled them down really fast.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. I'm open to any and all opportunities. Self pity party and wallowing for now but starting tomorrow, I will have to get my butt in gear and start searching for a job. And packing to move to a new place by the end of July.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CAGrl wrote:Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. I'm open to any and all opportunities. Self pity party and wallowing for now but starting tomorrow, I will have to get my butt in gear and start searching for a job. And packing to move to a new place by the end of July.

sorry about the job. Fingers crossed for a quick and successful hunt.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
cheron98 wrote:2004 Twisted Oak Marsanne. a beautiful pairing. followed shortly thereafter by 2006 Field Stone Convivio and zombies.

I had the 04' viognier in the holiday mystery pack. It had the look of apple juice.

CT

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. I'm open to any and all opportunities. Self pity party and wallowing for now but starting tomorrow, I will have to get my butt in gear and start searching for a job. And packing to move to a new place by the end of July.

moving stress on top of non job stress?!! poor poor you!!

edit: oops.. broke my streak of 2 weeks not posting in old site!!

chipgreen

ddeuddeg wrote:Absolutely! We're not going to spend a week there and miss out on that. Anything else you think we should see?

I am the wrong person to ask, as I've never been to Spain (wasn't that a Three Dog Night song?).

chipgreen

chipgreen wrote:I am the wrong person to ask, as I've never been to Spain (wasn't that a Three Dog Night song?).

EDIT: Gahh! And I now have a 2-week streak in progress. I blame it on those who posted before me, pushing the thread back to the top, yeah that's the ticket!

Even worse, I created a new post, thinking I was editing the previous one. DOH!

ddeuddeg

chipgreen wrote:EDIT: Gahh! And I now have a 2-week streak in progress. I blame it on those who posted before me, pushing the thread back to the top, yeah that's the ticket!

Even worse, I created a new post, thinking I was editing the previous one. DOH!

Don't worry about it. Eventually, people will stop posting on the old pub, and it will fade toward the bottom.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
ddeuddeg wrote:Don't worry about it. Eventually, people will stop posting on the old pub, and it will fade toward the bottom.

Unless someone keeps posting in it!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

We just want to keep sparky week going

otolith

ERMD wrote:We just want to keep sparky week going

We do? He is an awful nice guy.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ERMD wrote:We just want to keep sparky week going

otolith wrote:We do? He is an awful nice guy.

I'm still waiting on my birthday presents from you two!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'm still waiting on my birthday presents from you two!

Next time I'm in Cali or if you ever come to Florida (cough cough WDW FOOD and WINE)

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:I'm still waiting on my birthday presents from you two!

Well, I gave you a hug last summer, doesn't that count?!?

And, I'm still waiting for something from you...hmm...

--John Muir

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
otolith wrote:Well, I gave you a hug last summer, doesn't that count?!?

Well he does live in CA you don't have to wait any longer. ;-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Well, I gave you a hug last summer, doesn't that count?!?

Oh how quickly they forget ... the darkened room, the furtive glances.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Is there still a present secluded somewhere in that darkened room? Just waiting to be located, and have it's wrapper ripped off with abandon?

CT

MarkDaSpark

Is it over?

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Is it over?

Bump for annoyance, and yes it's finally over.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Bump for annoyance, and yes it's finally over.

But I guess with the Birthday Bricks of Chocolate and the Kinkajou arriving, it's bound to be over.

Kinkajou Wine Bottle Cutter (Kickstarter project)

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:

But I guess with the Birthday Bricks of Chocolate and the Kinkajou arriving, it's bound to be over.

Kinkajou Wine Bottle Cutter (Kickstarter project)

The Kinkajou looks totally cool! Have you used it yet? I want one.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ddeuddeg wrote:The Kinkajou looks totally cool! Have you used it yet? I want one.

you should probably only use those on empty bottles, so no, he hasn't, and may never, use it

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)