otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
rjquillin wrote:Absolutely true, with the quantity I receive, I can attest the error rate is exceedingly low.

Now, do I open my just delivered R. Merlo PN that finally made it to San Diego via Ohio and FedEx home ground?
Just to see what may have happened to it...

So, are you getting to Sparky levels, or do you actually drink your wine?

edit: inadvertent sparky with a sparky in the sentence (even though I am the one who originated the top o' the page)

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 33 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rjquillin wrote:Clearly you are stingy in your sharing with the FedEx staff.
My office accepts the brown truck, GSO and USPS for me.

We should compare notes on your shipment and my R. Merlo PN via Ohio.

It's been a few months since I said thanks in a tangible way, but that was an entire case. I think the problem is that the manager is a strictly by the book kind of guy. He's friendly and all, and keeps threatening to drink the wine before we get there, but I think he even said once that they're not supposed to accept gratuities. I'll continue to shmooze with the rest of the personnel when he's not around. Meanwhile, as long as we know what shipper is being used, I don't have a preference between UPS and FedEx; they're both pretty convenient for us.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
rjquillin wrote:Absolutely true, with the quantity I receive, I can attest the error rate is exceedingly low.

Now, do I open my just delivered R. Merlo PN that finally made it to San Diego via Ohio and FedEx home ground?
Just to see what may have happened to it...

I would open it to see if there was any damage. Of course, since it it a PN, you probably want to let it sit and rest per Sparky. You know how finicky PN can be! Mine is a Buena Vista Zin. I just hope that we get it with enough time to let it sit & taste it before we leave for Spain & France.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 185 Private Messages rjquillin
otolith wrote:So, are you getting to Sparky levels, or do you actually drink your wine?

edit: inadvertent sparky with a sparky in the sentence (even though I am the one who originated the top o' the page)

Ha! Does even Sparky know what his levels are?
I do have too many, if that's possible, and need to step it up a notch on consumption or dial it back on purchases, but WD has been on a bit or a roll lately with McClean, Ardente, Wellington, Harvey and others I find difficult to pass on.

CT

otolith

rjquillin wrote:Ha! Does even Sparky know what his levels are?
I do have too many, if that's possible, and need to step it up a notch on consumption or dial it back on purchases, but WD has been on a bit or a roll lately with McClean, Ardente, Wellington, Harvey and others I find difficult to pass on.

I have really slowed down on purchases. The RRV PN was my first woot purchase in a long time. Next purchase will be some Hillside Select, so I'll be spent for a while after that purchase.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:It's been a few months since I said thanks in a tangible way, but that was an entire case. I think the problem is that the manager is a strictly by the book kind of guy. {snip}

That's too bad. I'm now on my third manager. It does get a bit dicey when some of the normal staff goes on vacation and they get replacements from another location. So far no issues, but I do try to give them a heads up when the odd shipment is heading their way, assuming I know.

The way mother-ship now does shipping, and with the default to FedEx, combined shipping cart orders are a real crap shoot in the carrier of choice.
Fortunately they understand, so far.
Hope your bottles fare well, as opposed to farewell.

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

More house-related fun. Apparently our love of vivid color is not shared by the HOA Master Control Programs. Had to go choose a new trim color.

ghyo1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ghyo1

Hello, again. The following is ‘on-topic’ because you have been discussing recent deletions by the WW moderators. Just so you may know, I was placed on probation for 72 hours, allegedly for: profanity, personal attacks, and circumventing filters. However, I used the same language that was directed at me and responded in kind- no more, no less. Apparently, defending oneself is a personal attack- unless you have a black square. When it comes to moderation, WW has an inconsistent policy unevenly applied. These forums have become inbred, with 240 of the last 286 postings on CyberPub made by black square members. This ‘club’ will eventually help WW to disintegrate. That’s fine with me, since I have found excellent buys on other sites during my three-day ‘probation’. Go to the place where they sell Wines until They’re Sold Out.

Just as a reminder, you may wish to reread (you DO read, don’t you?) the following:
PROHIBITED CONDUCT
You agree not to post to the Sites any Content or any other materials whatsoever that is or could appear to be: (a) untrue, misleading, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive to another person’s privacy or protected data, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

In that case, each of the following comments should be subject to probation or banning. I am not showing the poster’s name to avoid making a personal attack. You know who you are.

Then the guy should stop make dumb ass [edit]ing remarks that have no basis, period.

English is not his first language.

ghyo1 is a troll.

Usual troll. Posts nothing about the wine, but then calls for us to only talk about the wine and not his idiocy.

I hate him.

he just posts to “hear” himself.

always passing on the offer.
That’s what I noticed! So weird.

I really, really wanted to post “If ghyo1 posts, does anyone other than him care?”

At least I managed to post a reply to the main thread troll without getting into the flame war that I apparently missed, because TT says she deleted a bunch of posts, but left mine alone.

Plus, he doesn’t seem to get that the means sarcasm.
Sadly, I don’t think he had the intelligence to realize that.

I think it’s pretty hilarious just how blind he is to his own bull[edit]

--I copied exactly the profane word from the last post above- it was deleted and I was placed on probation. (Matter o’ fact, you can still see the original at Jun 26, 2013 3:31 PM.) Now that’s what I call equal treatment [so the sarcasm is understood, insert emoticom here].

Have fun, y’all, and watch out for wines being dumped on ya’. (Even a winemaker said that was done on this site.) Oh! What’s that crashing sound? Goodbye and good luck. (Let’s see if this post survives until morning.)

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
ghyo1 wrote:Hello, again. ... (intentionally snipped) ... (Let’s see if this post survives until morning.)

Well hey. Sounds like a rough week. I haven't been around to figure out what the deal is/was... so I won't comment on that, but hey, glad you're posting.

Stick around - you'll have a black square soon enough. You have a pile of woots already! Some good stuff here, not just stuff dumped here. I suppose we do have to keep things somewhat cordial here, but stick around for the conversation, and I hope you enjoy it. Join a WW local event, and meet some folks. Good stuff.

Hope you stick around and participate in the conversation - and yes, I think most of us admit to cheating on WW and doing some shopping elsewhere, but some good deals, wines, community, conversation here too.

Best,

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

So does anybody have any job prospects? I'm drinking to drown my sorrows. I just got laid off and would appreciate any help I can get.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
ghyo1 wrote:SNIPPED AND HAVEN'T READ ALL

So I read a little bit. I think the problem is your attitude. I will admit I was tainted by your prior posts but I just think you need to be more open to everyone else's opinion and stop being so defensive. But like I said, I didn't finish reading your post and I'm a bit inebriated. We really are civil and nice and enjoy wine. Even when we disagree I think we are civil and are willing to listen to everyone's opinions.

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20
ghyo1 wrote:Snipped.

GET OVER YOUR SELF!
Stop playing the victim and move on with you life. Your not teaching anyone a lesson, no one is feeling sorry for you. All you are doing is stoking the flames of hate towards you on a site that sells you wine. I don't get it, I don't want get it. Just stop it, it's super annoying and the mods will just continue to block you as you derail more conversations.

That's it, I will never acknowledge a single post from you again I hope the rest of your "new best friends" do the same.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
CAGrl wrote:So does anybody have any job prospects? I'm drinking to drown my sorrows. I just got laid off and would appreciate any help I can get.

Boo. So sorry to hear that! I will ask around a bit, but don't know many in your field. Let us know if we can help, or just be there with wine for you.

chemvictim

ghyo1 wrote:Hello, again.

Hello. How are things?

chemvictim

CAGrl wrote:So does anybody have any job prospects? I'm drinking to drown my sorrows. I just got laid off and would appreciate any help I can get.

That sucks!

I've been there. Hopefully it will not last long!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
ghyo1 wrote:Hello, again.

Hello.

A little advice?
I'm not a particularly easy going person either, and even I cringe at how high strung you are.

Also, you picked fights with some of the most level headed people here (not Kyle!) which is something you should reflect on.

And FWIW, I don't think any of us think you should have been put in the penalty box over the word that sounds a lot like ship in the Pub.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
edthebedhead wrote:Well hey. Sounds like a rough week. I haven't been around to figure out what the deal is/was... so I won't comment on that, but hey, glad you're posting.

Stick around - you'll have a black square soon enough. You have a pile of woots already! Some good stuff here, not just stuff dumped here. I suppose we do have to keep things somewhat cordial here, but stick around for the conversation, and I hope you enjoy it. Join a WW local event, and meet some folks. Good stuff.

Hope you stick around and participate in the conversation - and yes, I think most of us admit to cheating on WW and doing some shopping elsewhere, but some good deals, wines, community, conversation here too.

Best,

You're familiar with the saying, if you love something let it go?

No one hoping for a return. Let's put it that way.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith

ghyo1 wrote:snippage

Glad to see the 72hrs helped you settle down.

And see you later from a "black box" who has been on probation.

--John Muir

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

Wow! Good morning all.

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

Well we could look at it this way, at least Sparky got some fireworks for his birthday week.

rjquillin

ERMD wrote:Well we could look at it this way, at least Sparky got some fireworks for his birthday week.

And lest I after a busy week at work and a week of mostly lurking here forget as well;
HAPPY BIRTHWEEK Sparky!

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
mother wrote:Also, you picked fights with some of the most level headed people here (not Kyle!)

Hey! I, uh, yeah... accurate.

He sent me that whole message as a PM, also. Maybe I'm special.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:Now, to read up on smoking a brisket.

If you are using a website, can you send me the link? Curing my new smoker this afternoon. First meal smoking on Friday.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:Glad to see the 72hrs helped you settle down.

And see you later from a "black box" who has been on probation.

Ditto about being on probation. Not this time, but once.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:Wouldn't you be? I prefer Benevolent Exalted Tastemaster Supreme for my title.

BETSy it is then.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

ERMD wrote:Well we could look at it this way, at least Sparky got some fireworks for his birthday week.

I think we all got to see them!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Hey! I, uh, yeah... accurate.

He sent me that whole message as a PM, also. Maybe I'm special.

We all think so!

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Your Excellency it is then.

IFTFY.

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:IFTFY.

I was expecting the smiley.

My Cellar

mother

polarbear22 wrote:If you are using a website, can you send me the link? Curing my new smoker this afternoon. First meal smoking on Friday.

If your brisket comes out well, please share it with me! (Edit: And the recipe too!)

I'm generally very successful when it comes to beef cookery, but smoked/texas brisket is my kryptonite so far...

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:I was expecting the smiley.

Someone recently informed me that something like that could constitute threatening and/or abusive actions leading to probation. Once was enough!

I was tempted to break out the "Hulk Smash" one, though!

otolith

mother wrote:If your brisket comes out well, please share it with me! (Edit: And the recipe too!)

I'm generally very successful when it comes to beef cookery, but smoked/texas brisket is my kryptonite so far...

I'm a little worried about this one, honestly.

Will probably rub with the Memphis dust at 225 until I hit 200 or so. Not sure if I'll wrap it when it hits 150...

--John Muir

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
kylemittskus wrote:He sent me that whole message as a PM, also. Maybe I'm special.

He sent it to me too. TL;DR;DC.

mother

otolith wrote:I'm a little worried about this one, honestly.

Will probably rub with the Memphis dust at 225 until I hit 200 or so. Not sure if I'll wrap it when it hits 150...

I don't think you want that much sugar on beef, but alas my problem has always been textural. I think I'll do a crutch when it stalls if I deign to risk ruining another piece of yummy cow chest...

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20

Here in the fine city of glendora it's forecast to be 109 today. Wiring the Future!.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:Ditto about being on probation. Not this time, but once.

I've also been on probation once before.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Boo...that sucks I've got a friend in IP law if that would help otherwise I don't know many lawyers in your neck of the woods.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

otolith

mother wrote:I don't think you want that much sugar on beef, but alas my problem has always been textural. I think I'll do a crutch when it stalls if I deign to risk ruining another piece of yummy cow chest...

Yeah, I'll have to do a little more searching prior to deciding what to do.

Will most likely inject it with something as well. Still have a few days to figure it out...

--John Muir

kylemittskus

I know you're somewhere in Nor Cal, but have no idea what you do, not that I'll be able to help necessarily, but curiosity killed the cat and such.

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:I've also been on probation once before.

I have never been in probation.