bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
ghyo1 wrote:That's good to hear. Why not offer a six-case of these? I know many here have bemoaned the larger quantity offers.

I assume you mean a six-pack? You really don't want six cases, 72 bottles of wine, do you?

Obviously a six-pack is cost prohibitive at this price point. There has to be some meat left on the bone to make it worthwhile for everyone involved in the sales.

This is a tempting offer, might see if some co-workers would be interested in this for office quaffing

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
bsevern wrote:I assume you mean a six-pack? You really don't want six cases, 72 bottles of wine, do you?

Obviously a six-pack is cost prohibitive at this price point. There has to be some meat left on the bone to make it worthwhile for everyone involved in the sales.

This is a tempting offer, might see if some co-workers would be interested in this for office quaffing

Based on his earlier post saying an offer of 6 instead of 12 might have generated more interest, I'm sure he didn't mean 6 cases.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ghyo1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ghyo1
ddeuddeg wrote:

My first post was:
It appears that none of these white wines have been made at Chateau Bianca since 2009.
-This was and remains true.
I'm afraid that crashing sound is wine being dumped.
-This was an attempt at humor, although you feel it failed miserably. Keep in mind it was not directed at a person, but the offer.
My response to greyday's post was not meant to be defensive (sorry if you think so), but asked for some information from him/her relative to the wine's quality- just as you have suggested I should offer something of value. I cannot do so with these wines since I have never had them.
Sorry you think I "have failed utterly thus far." I am not sorry that I will speak my mind, hoping that others less outspoken can have their questions answered and concerns addressed.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
ddeuddeg wrote:Based on his earlier post saying an offer of 6 instead of 12 might have generated more interest, I'm sure he didn't mean 6 cases.

I assume that he didn't mean six cases as well

Lots of posts today, but very few useful contributions to the actual product at hand

Winedavid39

quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

ghyo1 wrote:That's good to hear. Why not offer a six-case of these? I know many here have bemoaned the larger quantity offers.

Candidly, the larger the bottle count the more the logistics costs can be spread out per bottle. Particularly important on lower priced wines.

ghyo1

bsevern wrote:I assume you mean a six-pack? You really don't want six cases, 72 bottles of wine, do you?

Yes.
No. There's a limit of three cases.

ghyo1

Winedavid39 wrote:Candidly, the larger the bottle count the more the logistics costs can be spread out per bottle. Particularly important on lower priced wines.

Personally, I would gladly pay a slightly higher price per bottle to get only six. The $7 shipping charge is the same, so that part would cost the seller less.

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat

Anyone in NYC want to split the case? I live in Brooklyn and work in Manhattan.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
ghyo1 wrote:Personally, I would gladly pay a slightly higher price per bottle to get only six. The $7 shipping charge is the same, so that part would cost the seller less.

Since woot (thankfully) doesn't cater to your desires, either find someone by you to split the offer or buy the case. Pining about how you wish something would be different in multiple posts certainly isn't going to cause the change you want.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg

ghyo1 wrote:Personally, I would gladly pay a slightly higher price per bottle to get only six. The $7 shipping charge is the same, so that part would cost the seller less.

But 6 is not divisible by 4. Could you be persuaded to go for 8? If not, how would you suggest apportioning the 4 different wines? This is assuming you want any, which your earlier posts seemed to indicate otherwise.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ghyo1 wrote:With zero quality posts, I can only guess where you are coming from.

Now, you don't know me and I'm happy to keep it that way. But, I do have some experience, though perhaps not to your standards. I try to buy wisely for my everyday consumption because I have a collection of 1,500 bottles and don't want to open an expensive wine every day. (One recently sold for $9,250.)

With only 7 quality posts, I can only guess where you are coming from...

Btw, I have a collection of 1,501 bottles and one recently sold for $9,251.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Less chest thumping, more wine talking?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
North316 wrote:With only 7 quality posts, I can only guess where you are coming from...

Btw, I have a collection of 1,501 bottles and one recently sold for $9,251.

I can beat that collection! Sadly, I don't sell my children.

Don't remember if anyone asked the winemaker, but how much longer do you think these wines can cellar?

(Since I seem to not drink my wines!)

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

wichtel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wichtel

a tangential question for anyone that's bought any Woot wine in the summer - I'd like to know how it held up in shipping with 90+ temps.
Thanks.

kylemittskus

wichtel wrote:a tangential question for anyone that's bought any Woot wine in the summer - I'd like to know how it held up in shipping with 90+ temps.
Thanks.

Summer shipping is now in effect (notice the $7 instead of $5 charge). Buy with confidence. And if anything were to happen to your wine, support will take care of it.

timsampson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timsampson
wichtel wrote:a tangential question for anyone that's bought any Woot wine in the summer - I'd like to know how it held up in shipping with 90+ temps.
Thanks.

I recently received 3 cases of WW. I live in South Florida where 90+ temps arrived over a month ago. All cases arrived one day after the WW email that said my wine had shipped. So far, no quality issues and I expect none.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
ThunderThighs wrote:Less chest thumping, more wine talking?

Now that is a quality post!

ddeuddeg

chemvictim wrote:Now that is a quality post!

Truly. I think the summer heat might have been getting to some of us.

ThunderThighs

Staff

chemvictim wrote:Now that is a quality post!

LOL

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Given the similarity of the offers, can anyone speak of these in comparison to the Gård wines?

These ones do have a couple years on them. Can the wine maker speak to how they have changed since their original release?

As for all the kerfuffle, much ado about nothing IMHO. Likely the heat as mentioned earlier (though it is 65° and wet here). Lets move along and all enjoy a glass of wine!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

ghyo1

Dear kylemittskus, ddeuddeg, North316 and Thunder Thighs. You should all get together and have a mass debate.
I don't have time for this nonsense. Goodbye.

kylemittskus

ghyo1 wrote:Dear kylemittskus, ddeuddeg, North316 and Thunder Thighs. You should all get together and have a mass debate.

Look what you did, TT! And you think we're bad. You made him leave!

ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Look what you did, TT! And you think we're bad. You made him leave!

I didn't even debate!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

ghyo1 wrote:Dear kylemittskus, ddeuddeg, North316 and Thunder Thighs. You should all get together and have a mass debate.

No need to leave. I would like to see the comments to be less personal and more about the wine from all parties though.

Thanks!

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
jmdavidson wrote:When you go to their website and to the Wine Shop, there are four pages of wines offered, including all of these that are offered here today.

Ah Snap!

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
MarkDaSpark wrote:
Don't remember if anyone asked the winemaker, but how much longer do you think these wines can cellar?

I was thinking the same thing. Will they drink well for a couple more years?

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:I didn't even debate!!

Guilt by association! See, you need to hang out with me more.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

pnonor

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pnonor
ddeuddeg wrote:You complain that there isn't much information, but you don't have any to offer.
You allude to "many less than stellar" reviews on CT, but there are in fact rather few, and all but one are made by the same person, which may indicate nothing more than a personal taste issue.
It's fairly unusual to see wines offered here that are still available in the tasting room at the winery. To me, the fact that these are indicates that they are fully confident that the wine is of good quality, at least for the near term. The question about 2010 was answered by the winemaker, and while I wouldn't have minded an answer to the question about subsequent vintages, other than merely acknowledging that they made whites during those years, there are a number of possible reasons why subsequent vintages are not available while older vintages still are: they may prefer to hold them until the older ones are gone, or nearly gone; they may be sold out; they may not be considered ready for release, etc.

Thanks for all the lively comments and questions. As Neil indicated we have had the folks at Woot taste and confirm the quality of the offering. I understand the concern of-age issue with white wines. We obviously want you folks to be happy with your purchases.
We do have 2011 and 2012 whites. Some are just now being released and others are just being bottled.
Due to our small production on these wines you are not going to find a lot of reviews, especially from the larger critic magazines.
I was pleased that some of you have had these wines and were willing to share your personal experience with your fellow wooters.
In my opinion these are well made wines with a bit of bottle age. I hope you take advantage of the offering and are pleased with the value.
Enjoy!

MarkDaSpark

pnonor wrote:Thanks for all the lively comments and questions. As Neil indicated we have had the folks at Woot taste and confirm the quality of the offering. I understand the concern of-age issue with white wines. We obviously want you folks to be happy with your purchases.
We do have 2011 and 2012 whites. Some are just now being released and others are just being bottled.
Due to our small production on these wines you are not going to find a lot of reviews, especially from the larger critic magazines.
I was pleased that some of you have had these wines and were willing to share your personal experience with your fellow wooters.
In my opinion these are well made wines with a bit of bottle age. I hope you take advantage of the offering and are pleased with the value.
Enjoy!

Thanks for popping back in. Are these more drink now (in 2013) wines, or can these last another year or two?

Number019

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Number019
kylemittskus wrote:So far, there are 2 unbiased reviews. One of them sucks due to illness and another doesn't.

So my review is biased because I live in the Willamette Valley?

I have purchased the '08 Pinot Gris and '08 Reisling at the Newport Seafood and Wine Festival at the Chateau Bianca booth. And No, I haven't been to their winery, but will some day. With about 100 wineries represented in this huge event the fact that I chose to purchase from Chateau Bianca reflects that, in my opinion, they were among the best I tasted at that event.

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

Make some wine loving friends. I split this case into 4 packs for myself and a couple of friends. If you want to debate a wooter in the flesh (on any topic) come to a gathering. Not socal though their all A-holes

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cortot20 wrote:Make some wine loving friends. I split this case into 4 packs for myself and a couple of friends. If you want to debate a wooter in the flesh (on any topic) come to a gathering. Not socal though their all A-holes

Hey!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
Number019 wrote:So my review is biased because I live in the Willamette Valley?

I have purchased the '08 Pinot Gris and '08 Reisling at the Newport Seafood and Wine Festival at the Chateau Bianca booth. And No, I haven't been to their winery, but will some day. With about 100 wineries represented in this huge event the fact that I chose to purchase from Chateau Bianca reflects that, in my opinion, they were among the best I tasted at that event.

Pretty sure he wasn't referring to you in this, as there are 2 other reviews, at least that's how I see it.

On the other hand, although I really love where I live and couldn't imagine living anywhere else at this point in my life, I'm jealous that you live where you do.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

Number019 wrote:So my review is biased because I live in the Willamette Valley?

Absolutely not. I didn't even see yours! Sorry.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

It's been a long day and I'm just reading this whole thread. Wow, kind of snarky today. Well, it is Monday... So have I missed something or are there reviews here (other than the winery neighbor which I do NOT discount) to lead me to buy this?

We drink a fair amount of whites by the pool during the "summer" (6 months here) and could certainly do a well-mixed case (especially at >$10/bottle). Is this the case I want or should I get another 6 of the Chance Creek and look for another mixed 6 elsewhere? Anyone????

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I do that like three times a day, but then my hands get tired.

What? I'm Italian...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

pnonor

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pnonor

Hi all. Last comment for the day. I would plan to drink these wines now. The 2009 Pinot Blanc is the youngest of the bunch and should still drink well into 2014. These wines are made to be enjoyed as young as possible. A little bottle age doesn't hurt them but these are not made to be laid down in hopes that they will change for the better. We thought you would enjoy these wines through the summer and then be ready for some Pinot Noir to cozy down with this fall.
Thanks for your interest.

ghyo1

bhodilee wrote:I do that like three times a day, but then my hands get tired.

Finally, someone gets it.

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat

So there's an hour left. Anyone in NYC (any part of NYC) wanting to share a case? I generally spend my time off the 2,3,4,5,N,Q,B,D trains (which means that I'm near most everyone!). This is too much for one person.

jptollman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jptollman
jclough59 wrote:Hey Woot guys & gals. I like wine just fine. No, really I do. But I'm a beer guy. Don't you know Craft Beer is growing by leaps and bounds? Yup, there are now over 2,400 breweries in the U.S.A.
So, how about slinging some of the stuff our way like you do wine? Because of distribution costs, it's next to impossible for guys on the
West Coast (say, in Bend Oregon) to get craft beer from the Eastern Seaboard and places like that, and vice versa.
Li'l help? I can see it now...Beer.Woot.com
I'd sign up for that!
Sincerely,
Jeff Clough
[MOD: Email removed. Also, this is a good discussion for World of Woot Wine.]

I'm all for booze purchases online, checkout letspour.com for beer. It is very west coast centric however.