hershelk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk

Is There A Critical Mass?

Date: Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Time: 7:00pm -
Host: hershelk

I have been involved with the NoVA/DC Woot gatherings since nearly the beginning with many events held at my home in Virginia. Because of my work I spend enough time in Omaha and that I also have a place in the Old Market.

I have, from time to time, seen requests for events in the Omaha area and have thought for a while I would like to hold one, but I'm not always there over the weekend. This August 10ths works for me, and I wanted to see if there is any interest for a Woot Wine Gathering in Omaha at my place.

The amount of interest will dictate whether it happens, whether I supplement attendance with additional friends and neighbors, or whether I just cancel it and go to Brix.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
hershelk wrote:Is There A Critical Mass?

Date: Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Time: 7:00pm -
Host: hershelk

I have been involved with the NoVA/DC Woot gatherings since nearly the beginning with many events held at my home in Virginia. Because of my work I spend enough time in Omaha and that I also have a place in the Old Market.

I have, from time to time, seen requests for events in the Omaha area and have thought for a while I would like to hold one, but I'm not always there over the weekend. This August 10ths works for me, and I wanted to see if there is any interest for a Woot Wine Gathering in Omaha at my place.

The amount of interest will dictate whether it happens, whether I supplement attendance with additional friends and neighbors, or whether I just cancel it and go to Brix.

My recommendation is to supplement the Wooters with some friends of yours who enjoy wine. This way you'll have a party even with only 2-3 Wooters. You also can introduce some of your friends to WW making for easier split orders. It works out all around.

Edit: just re read... I'd suggest that the Omaha host for such an event invite friends.... And at least YOU guarantee one other wooter!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

hershelk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk
cmaldoon wrote:My recommendation is to supplement the Wooters with some friends of yours who enjoy wine. This way you'll have a party even with only 2-3 Wooters.

That was likely my intent. However since I spend only part of my time in Omaha, I don't have as many wine appreciating friends in Omaha and was hoping to at least have a couple Wooters who could attend. I'm also happy to leave the hosting to someone else if they would prefer.

CT

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive

Check your pm's hershelk.

jmattw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmattw
sdfreedive wrote:Check your pm's hershelk.

My apologies for missing the earlier post. I am an Omahan and would enjoy attending a woot gathering.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I live in Sioux Falls, and drive to the Twin Cities (where I used to live) for get-togethers. Omaha is closer than Minneapolis - I might drop in, if logistics and such work out. I wouldn't want to drive all that way just for a woot gathering though - much as I do enjoy them, I have other reasons to visit the Twin Cities.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?