ONEHOPE Pinot for Paws 4-Pack
$49.99 $̶8̶8̶.̶9̶6̶ 44% off List Price
2011 ONEHOPE California Pinot Noir, Pinot for Paws
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

This is a spec?!
"1 CASE OF ONEHOPE = 1 FOREVER HOME FOR A SHELTERED ANIMAL"
has exactly what to do with the wine?
VDDD morphs into the ASPCA.

Can we get some real info here?

CT

jimjacks66

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jimjacks66

Have purchased prior "ONEHOPE" wines by a Mondavi family member and have not been overly impressed. Sorry to say... Seems the "ONEHOPE" designation applies to various "charities". This offering = pets/animals. Prior ones, breast cancer. Not sure how % of profit is defined though...

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

I wasn't wowed by the reserve Pinot from these guys earlier this year so I wouldn't expect a lot from this. The price is nice though at around $15 a bottle shipped.

CT

p2002

quality posts: 8 Private Messages p2002

You could always drink a glass of water and send a $15 check to your local animal shelter. I can't see wine buying as an act for charity, it seems so..., bourgeois.

darklullabye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darklullabye

ONEHOPE is $10 a bottle in the stores here, so this isn't a deal for me in any way. That said, it is pretty good wine. Still I;ll buy mine at the store.

onehopemweb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages onehopemweb
cortot20 wrote:I wasn't wowed by the reserve Pinot from these guys earlier this year so I wouldn't expect a lot from this. The price is nice though at around $15 a bottle shipped.

Would love to hear your feedback on the Pinots - which ones in particular didn't wow and maybe those you enjoyed the most. We're always open to feedback for future vintages. We've seen a lot of positive feedback on our Napa & Carneros Pinot Noirs recently. Thank you!

- Mike, ONEHOPE Wine

onehopemweb

p2002 wrote:You could always drink a glass of water and send a $15 check to your local animal shelter. I can't see wine buying as an act for charity, it seems so..., bourgeois.

You certainly could.

The idea behind ONEHOPE is to create quality products and experiences with the social impact built-in - we call it cause-centric commerce.

We spend less on marketing allowing us to make an impact with every bottle - without sacrificing the quality of the product. The idea is that the giving back is sustainable and easy for the consumer.

If you were already going to buy wine... wine not get the bottle that makes an impact and is also enjoyable?

Best,

- Mike, ONEHOPE

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03
onehopemweb wrote:
- Mike, ONEHOPE Wine

Thanks for stopping in! Any notes on this wine? Is it a drink now Pinot?

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

onehopemweb

jimjacks66 wrote:Have purchased prior "ONEHOPE" wines by a Mondavi family member and have not been overly impressed. Sorry to say... Seems the "ONEHOPE" designation applies to various "charities". This offering = pets/animals. Prior ones, breast cancer. Not sure how % of profit is defined though...

We'd love your feedback on the wines. You can email me at mike@onehopewine.com or feel free to reply here. We're always making tweaks to the wines with our winemaker, Rob Mondavi, Jr., vintage to vintage.

Our Cabernet, Merlot, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir ("Pinot for Paws" here) and Reserve Napa Valley Pinot Noir have been very well received by many. But it's wine, so to each their own. Even so, we love hearing the feedback good & bad

We do pair each varietal/wine with a different cause. California Chardonnay helps provide mammograms to women; California Cabernet helps provide ABA Therapy to children with autism, etc.

Best,

Mike, ONEHOPE

onehopemweb

jcarlton03 wrote:Thanks for stopping in! Any notes on this wine? Is it a drink now Pinot?

I've been drinking it now I do think it will improve with some age. I've noticed some considerable improvement since January of this year but enjoying it now as an everyday Pinot Noir.

It's 13.5% alc by volume, we unfortunately don't have technical specs at this time - just the tasting notes described in the offer.

It's not that we don't want to share them, we just haven't received them from the winemaking team yet. We've requested them and are working on getting them upfront with each new wine & vintage going-forward so we have them ready.

Thank you!

Best,

Mike, ONEHOPE

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

like the idea and I like the price....I just don't like Pinot.... sorry...
how much goes to the charity?

edit....never mind...I just re-read about how much goes to charity.... sorry.

Turxey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turxey

I got a little fooled by the title, "Pinot for PAWS".
There actually is an Org called PAWS in SF.
"Pets Are Wonderful Support"
It's to help "vulnerable" peeps keep their pets and to take care/adopt out of pets if the peep dies. That kind of thing.
(But it looks like the funds are going elsewhere).

burrnini

quality posts: 10 Private Messages burrnini
Turxey wrote:I got a little fooled by the title, "Pinot for PAWS".
There actually is an Org called PAWS in SF.
"Pets Are Wonderful Support"
It's to help "vulnerable" peeps keep their pets and to take care/adopt out of pets if the peep dies. That kind of thing.
(But it looks like the funds are going elsewhere).

I used to volunteer for PAWS in Los Angeles. It is a great organization. IIRC, it is nationwide.

That said, I won't be buying this mainly because I prefer the mixed varietal deals and find it difficult to drink 4 of the same bottle.

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
onehopemweb wrote:Would love to hear your feedback on the Pinots - which ones in particular didn't wow and maybe those you enjoyed the most. We're always open to feedback for future vintages. We've seen a lot of positive feedback on our Napa & Carneros Pinot Noirs recently. Thank you!

- Mike, ONEHOPE Wine

I had the 2011 napa reserve Pinot. Reviewing my notes in CT I felt that it was a descent wine but definitely not a good value at the full retail price. So I guess it's a QPR issue mostly.

CT

Antonio170

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Antonio170

Is this shipping soon???