Fennel Salami approx. 6 oz.
Sopressata approx. 6 oz.
Hot Sopressata approx. 6 oz.
Chorizo approx. 6 oz.
Herbs Pancetta approx. 6 oz.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

Remember, that's "Pancetta" and not "Placenta" ... and they got my hopes up all for nothing! =(

Cagny

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cagny

Do these really not have Sodium Nitrate as an ingredient?

slavnar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages slavnar

16 dollars a pound. Rip off.

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden

Too bad the meat is uncured. I refuse to buy into the myth that it is better for you. It can actually be much worse. The "celery extract" can add more nitrates than sodium nitrite. I'll stick to the cured stiff where nitrate levels can be controlled and botulism can be prevented.

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden
Cagny wrote:Do these really not have Sodium Nitrate as an ingredient?

Correct. Read more about the hoax here: http://ruhlman.com/2011/05/the-no-nitrites-added-hoax/

sg1nsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sg1nsd

Why use Celery Extract and not the real thing in the Sopressata Sausage?
You could grind the Celery then add it to the mix but Extract what a BIG turn off! I'm passing on this sausage. Go NATURAL! LESS PROCESSING in the FOODS!
Spaceridder

Alfredenigma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alfredenigma

I want my food processed and my meats cured! Im an american G#d D##mit!

noop

poorhungrydoctor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages poorhungrydoctor
Alfredenigma wrote:I want my food processed and my meats cured! Im an american G#d D##mit!

Agreed.
I actually bought this before, and uncured meat just wasn't my thing; neither for the taste nor for the health.

On the other hand, the Pancetta was very good.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I might buy this if it was Prosciutto instead of Pancetta.

And even then, I only purchase imported from Italy.

MobileMikey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MobileMikey

If you eat celery or spinach you eat natural nitrates. Now I have been told by friends that they have reactions to nitrates/nitrites in wines. If you put the proper levels in, you should not have problems. My research on the FDA website years ago, they stated there was no medically documented reactions to sulfites ( not sure if sulfates were included in this statement ). Now don't beat me, this is what I found when I was making wine. I have also discovered that with my wines hitting 9+ years of age, that the recommended levels of metabisulphites are sufficient, and no extras are needed for extended aging like I was taught back then. Besides, they make things taste like sh*t. Just a few comments. I wouldn't pay this price for someone who cant show through lab controls that there is enough stability in a product using organic means, but Woot is selling it, and should prove it is safe to us. Right?

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig

<<<<<*Wonders what workers @ a sausage factory do when they are having a bad day?* (*~*)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
snosbig wrote:<<<<<*Wonders what workers @ a sausage factory do when they are having a bad day?* (*~*)

they better be doing their goddamn job or they'll get canned!

said the guy at work

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

embhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages embhorn

nohomo, but I first read this as "Arti's anal sausages"...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You're going to give me a moderation headache today, aren't ya?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wendy98765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendy98765

If you guys read the comments at the bottom of that Ruhlman article, you'd see that not all nitrates/nitrites are created equal. The celery salt doesn't trigger bad reactions or inflammation in people susceptible to that, nearly as much.

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino

I'll wait for the next time I see Volpe's... and buy twice as much then.

editorkid

quality posts: 93 Private Messages editorkid
curtisuxor wrote:I might buy this if it was Prosciutto instead of Pancetta.

And even then, I only purchase imported from Italy.

Some years ago, I met a writer who forcefully said that if she was going to eat chocolate, she was going to eat imported chocolate, dammit! She loved her Lindt.

It turned out she lived in San Francisco, home of Scharffen Berger. At that point I wandered off.

So anyway, there are some pretty fine domestic prosciuttos being produced. And some of them might even be more expensive than the imported stuff, if that bragging right is that important to you...

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Cured tubular meats!

That's the only way to go!

Add good microbrew as needed.

wendy98765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendy98765

Are these as good as Creminelli?

Symbolic2007

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007

I got this full set of five one of the last times it was offered. I think it's been a year or so. Used the Pancetta in some breakfasty cooking and the Sopressata & Chorizo were awesome diced up into chili. I think the uncured salami was the only one I didn't care for. I don't like the price either, but I'm tempted to buy again just because of how good the other three tasted.

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

billypuppy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billypuppy

I wonder how many "Artisans" are actually employed at the meat packing facility?

"Three generations of imbeciles is enough".
Oliver Wendell Holmes

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
wendy98765 wrote:Are these as good as Creminelli?

I love Creminelli. I almost bought the max because I thought that's what this was.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
MobileMikey wrote:If you eat celery or spinach you eat natural nitrates.

Like - natural H2O vs artificial H2O?
Well, your choice of course... you are free to believe that likely higher levels of a chemical coming from a plant source are better than possibly lower levels being added in a purified form.

beautybark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beautybark

I was all set to pull the trigger on this until I read the description of the Pancetta (spunky flavors). My wife doesn't seem to enjoy that particular flavor, and I generally trust her judgement, so I'll pass.

ME and my sparrow

auxdelices

quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
Cagny wrote:Do these really not have Sodium Nitrate as an ingredient?

Really! There is nothing artificial about celery, which is a natural nitrate.

auxdelices

snosbig wrote:<<<<<*Wonders what workers @ a sausage factory do when they are having a bad day?* (*~*)

Shoot some hoops, for one. But rarely does anyone have a bad day; they get to choose the background music.

auxdelices

billypuppy wrote:I wonder how many "Artisans" are actually employed at the meat packing facility?

Fewer than you think. And why call it artisanal? We've been using that term because it's the French way of describing a hand-crafted product. But we welcome suggestions for an updated term.

jimgo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimgo

Hey Woot!, when are you guys going to run this again? This stuff was great! I had the pancetta in my fridge for a few months, finally thought to cut it into small pieces and mix it into hamburgers...DELICIOUS! And the rest of the sausages were good, too.