WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Designed 4 Life Himalayan Salt Plates (2)

Speed to First Woot:
3m 18.666s
First Sucker:
in2tunez
Last Wooter to Woot:
zchance32
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 13% of Wine Woots
Top 20% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 42% of Wine Woots
Top 31% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 2% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 21% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 54% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 2% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 87% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 72% bought 1
  • 22% bought 2
  • 5% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
55%
45%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare

Designed 4 Life 8" x 4" x 2" Himalayan Salt Cooking Plates, Set of 2
$19.99 $̶2̶8̶.̶9̶9̶ 31% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

These are fairly small. And if you wash them off after each use, you will soon have salt cubes instead of salt plates

woodister

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woodister

I have seen these in stores and wondered what I would use them for. Has anyone used them before? I'm always looking for a way to enhance a dish.

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88

There's gotta be a faq about what the hell these things are, and how to use them.

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

Reminds me of salt blocks cows lick in the fields when I was a kid.Nothing to see,keep moving ya all.

marvelljones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvelljones

Here's a link I found interesting, especially after this quote: "The beautiful thing about cooking with a plate of pink Himalayan salt plates is that the material is about as predictable and well-behaved as a shaved cat in an electrical storm."

http://goo.gl/aC4ys

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
giolee88 wrote:There's gotta be a faq about what the hell these things are, and how to use them.

A short YouTube video that covers the basics: How to cook on a salt block.

cwolfpack3

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cwolfpack3

found the same thing for less on Amazon, just a different brand: http://amzn.com/B00AEVXY4E

Thanks to Woot's big anniversary, I'm no longer a bee oh cee virgin. Woohoo!

noobwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noobwoot

amazon salt plates

Would seem comparable until you notice the $20 shipping.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Do these need summer shipping?

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88
marvelljones wrote:Here's a link I found interesting, especially after this quote: "The beautiful thing about cooking with a plate of pink Himalayan salt plates is that the material is about as predictable and well-behaved as a shaved cat in an electrical storm."

http://goo.gl/aC4ys

:D I'm imagining complete salt bomb dishes almost as severe as what you'd find at TGIFridays.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I bought 2 8x8 from Woot back in Feb, I love them, you have to be careful when using, Everything i read is donot pre heat in an oven.
I have a big ol 6 burner monster Thermadore cook top, need to slowly heat, 15 minutes low, 15 minutes med. then 15 high flame.
My wife said the burger I cooked her on this was the "Best" I have ever made.
Google Himalayan salt block and all kinds of Vid's
If your a serious cook, ya gotta try these.

Just noticed these are 4x8 kinda small

maskddingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskddingo

Wow woot shipping sucks. Today is 8th bussiness day... Still hasn't shipped.

jhammer76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhammer76

Ordered June 18; I was concerned the order might arrive and get rained on while I was out of town at the end of June. Now if it arrives by mid to late July I will be surprised. I'd hoped to actually get to use them some during summer time off . . .

maskddingo wrote:Wow woot shipping sucks. Today is 8th bussiness day... Still hasn't shipped.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jhammer76 wrote:Ordered June 18; I was concerned the order might arrive and get rained on while I was out of town at the end of June. Now if it arrives by mid to late July I will be surprised. I'd hoped to actually get to use them some during summer time off . . .

Your tracking shows that it left the FedEx facility on 7/3. The holiday weekend is gonna slow things down a bit.

We're still on track with the usual 2-3 week shipping time frame expected for wine.woot sales.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders