WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Designed 4 Life Himalayan Salt Plates (2)

Speed to First Woot:
3m 18.666s
First Sucker:
in2tunez
Last Wooter to Woot:
zchance32
Last Purchase:
3 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 13% of Wine Woots
Top 20% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 42% of Wine Woots
Top 31% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 2% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 21% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 54% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 2% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 87% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 72% bought 1
  • 22% bought 2
  • 5% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
55%
45%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare

quality posts: 2277 Private Messages Cesare

Designed 4 Life 8" x 4" x 2" Himalayan Salt Cooking Plates, Set of 2
$19.99 $̶2̶8̶.̶9̶9̶ 31% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

These are fairly small. And if you wash them off after each use, you will soon have salt cubes instead of salt plates

woodister

quality posts: 5 Private Messages woodister

I have seen these in stores and wondered what I would use them for. Has anyone used them before? I'm always looking for a way to enhance a dish.

giolee88

quality posts: 30 Private Messages giolee88

There's gotta be a faq about what the hell these things are, and how to use them.

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

Reminds me of salt blocks cows lick in the fields when I was a kid.Nothing to see,keep moving ya all.

marvelljones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvelljones

Here's a link I found interesting, especially after this quote: "The beautiful thing about cooking with a plate of pink Himalayan salt plates is that the material is about as predictable and well-behaved as a shaved cat in an electrical storm."

http://goo.gl/aC4ys

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
giolee88 wrote:There's gotta be a faq about what the hell these things are, and how to use them.

A short YouTube video that covers the basics: How to cook on a salt block.

cwolfpack3

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cwolfpack3

found the same thing for less on Amazon, just a different brand: http://amzn.com/B00AEVXY4E

Badgeless by choice. I'm freee! Freeee!!

noobwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noobwoot

amazon salt plates

Would seem comparable until you notice the $20 shipping.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 69 Private Messages jmdavidson

Do these need summer shipping?

giolee88

quality posts: 30 Private Messages giolee88
marvelljones wrote:Here's a link I found interesting, especially after this quote: "The beautiful thing about cooking with a plate of pink Himalayan salt plates is that the material is about as predictable and well-behaved as a shaved cat in an electrical storm."

http://goo.gl/aC4ys

:D I'm imagining complete salt bomb dishes almost as severe as what you'd find at TGIFridays.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 62 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I bought 2 8x8 from Woot back in Feb, I love them, you have to be careful when using, Everything i read is donot pre heat in an oven.
I have a big ol 6 burner monster Thermadore cook top, need to slowly heat, 15 minutes low, 15 minutes med. then 15 high flame.
My wife said the burger I cooked her on this was the "Best" I have ever made.
Google Himalayan salt block and all kinds of Vid's
If your a serious cook, ya gotta try these.

Just noticed these are 4x8 kinda small

maskddingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskddingo

Wow woot shipping sucks. Today is 8th bussiness day... Still hasn't shipped.

jhammer76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhammer76

Ordered June 18; I was concerned the order might arrive and get rained on while I was out of town at the end of June. Now if it arrives by mid to late July I will be surprised. I'd hoped to actually get to use them some during summer time off . . .

maskddingo wrote:Wow woot shipping sucks. Today is 8th bussiness day... Still hasn't shipped.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 929 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jhammer76 wrote:Ordered June 18; I was concerned the order might arrive and get rained on while I was out of town at the end of June. Now if it arrives by mid to late July I will be surprised. I'd hoped to actually get to use them some during summer time off . . .

Your tracking shows that it left the FedEx facility on 7/3. The holiday weekend is gonna slow things down a bit.

We're still on track with the usual 2-3 week shipping time frame expected for wine.woot sales.

Holiday Returns Policy Check out our new FLASH DEALS
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items