zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

EZ Pump Vacuum Wine Saver 3-Pack
$14.99 $̶2̶9̶.̶7̶0̶ 50% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

I liked these last time I bought them, and I'd buy them again if it wasn't for the 5.00 shipping on each and every purchase.. they just aren't worth 20 bucks

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

amikajulie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amikajulie

I bought these and they are not really good at vacuum sealing the wine bottles.

amikajulie

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
chardonay wrote:I liked these last time I bought them, and I'd buy them again if it wasn't for the 5.00 shipping on each and every purchase.. they just aren't worth 20 bucks

Yup. There really needs to be some kind of a threshold for shared shipping. The $5 per item bit has greatly reduced my use of Woot.

Sure, sometimes, $5 is a bargain shipping price. Other times? It's a deterrent.

The flat rate shipping thing worked when it was generous. Now, a more complex system needs to be in place, setting a point at which a flat rate shipping fee of some kind kicks in.

Regarding the product: a friend warned me off of them, back when I was into vacuum sealing my wine (which I rarely do any more). Said they don't create much of a vacuum, and they add too much size to the bottle, making it less convenient in the fridge.

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

I won't get this because summer shipping is not offered and I don't want to chance it with the heat and plastic.

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
fogtower wrote:I won't get this because summer shipping is not offered and I don't want to chance it with the heat and plastic.

+1

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen

I know rjq likes these and he tested them to show that they do remove air from the bottle (albeit approx. 1/3 of the air only). Personally, I prefer the Vacu-Vin.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fogtower wrote:I won't get this because summer shipping is not offered and I don't want to chance it with the heat and plastic.

*snort*

So how are y'all doing over here? Everything going good? Need anything reasonable?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
sdbcmr wrote:
The flat rate shipping thing worked when it was generous. Now, a more complex system needs to be in place, setting a point at which a flat rate shipping fee of some kind kicks in.

No, they just need to reevaluate their business decision and bring back the 'all day shipping' that it seems everybody grew to love (or even extend on that offer to make it even better). The trend is that deal sites are charging less for shipping, not more.