cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:You make plan changes?


Edit: And you have no one to blame but yourselves! I still have til July 20th to RSVP!



Yeah, and then I realized I am really hating having to wait that long Extreme lack of patience and all that. Plus I also realized that waiting until July 20th means we're running right up basically to the week before the wedding itself and I'm going to be extra crazy that week and probably have difficulty getting the wootception stuff finalized. I should've put the RSVP deadline as about 2 weeks earlier so that the wootception would be completely finalized before the wedding itself took place. Plan fail.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cheron98 wrote:Hey folks, not to be a pest or anything, but if you are currently thinking you'll be coming to the wootception, even if you're still a "maybe", I'd really appreciate a quick little email or PM to let me know you're at least thinking about it. Trying to get a handle on # of people, and with the current response rate, we're way below what we've been planning for. If I need to make plan changes, now is the time to do it.

Thanks



Both of us really wished we could make it. Just happens to be on a bad weekend for us.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Yeah, and then I realized I am really hating having to wait that long Extreme lack of patience and all that. Plus I also realized that waiting until July 20th means we're running right up basically to the week before the wedding itself and I'm going to be extra crazy that week and probably have difficulty getting the wootception stuff finalized. I should've put the RSVP deadline as about 2 weeks earlier so that the wootception would be completely finalized before the wedding itself took place. Plan fail.



Yep. You should know us by now. Especially after the RPM Tours!



Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

hershelk


quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk

I just posted in gatherings a possible event in the Omaha area on August 10th if I can get enough interest.

Omaha #1

CT

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
hershelk wrote:I just posted in gatherings a possible event in the Omaha area on August 10th if I can get enough interest.

Omaha #1



Y'know, if we weren't doing something silly like getting married that day, I'd totally try to go, JUST to meet bowtie, who hopefully shows up since it's kind of his town.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

UBlink - PM for you.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

zTimothyBz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Btw, your email only spoke of the Twisted Oak thing. Will you be doing a reply for the other one, or are you waiting until the deadline on that one?

There are two events?!? Or is it the possibility of Sparky flying back East for that August 10th thing?

Speaking of which...

cheron98 wrote:Y'know, if we weren't doing something silly like getting married that day, I'd totally try to go, JUST to meet bowtie, who hopefully shows up since it's kind of his town.

But it's not like Kansas City, where they went and built a skyscraper seven stories high!

I think I'm going to propose an early afternoon wine tasting out here on the 10th. Will you have a web-cam at you wedding?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
zTimothyBz wrote:But it's not like Kansas City, where they went and built a skyscraper seven stories high!

I think I'm going to propose an early afternoon wine tasting out here on the 10th. Will you have a web-cam at you wedding?



Uh. No. Unless Sparky broadcasts from his phone somehow. Which I wouldn't put past him.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Uh. No. Unless Sparky broadcasts from his phone somehow. Which I wouldn't put past him.



It'll be a little hard to do that.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joelsisk


quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:It'll be a little hard to do that.



Google hangout?

bahwm


quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Just got back from a really excellent performance of Hamlet at Shakespeare in Delaware Park with some good friends.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
bahwm wrote:Just got back from a really excellent performance of Hamlet at Shakespeare in Delaware Park with some good friends.



I think that's the coolest thing -- that you two have the ability to enjoy Shakespeare with each other and friends and wine on a summer weekend night in the park.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
bahwm wrote:Just got back from a really excellent performance of Hamlet at Shakespeare in Delaware Park with some good friends.



That sounds better than 8 hours or so at the office on a Saturday.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:That sounds better than 8 hours or so at the office on a Saturday.

As one that just did the office (lab) thing yesterday,
+1

CT

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:Y'know, if we weren't doing something silly like getting married that day, I'd totally try to go, JUST to meet bowtie, who hopefully shows up since it's kind of his town.



I don't even LIVE in Omaha!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Just spent around 40 hours w/o power. I now own a generator! Didn't lose any food (or wine) out of the deal. PITA, though, since we can't use water unless we want it backing up into the basement...will need to somehow figure out how to connect the generator to that.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm


quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
otolith wrote:Just spent around 40 hours w/o power. I now own a generator! Didn't lose any food (or wine) out of the deal. PITA, though, since we can't use water unless we want it backing up into the basement...will need to somehow figure out how to connect the generator to that.


Doc O, I'm sorry to hear about all of your troubles. What happened out there? I've been dealing with my EOYS (End of The Year core dump) at school that I totally missed what was going on weather wise west of us.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
otolith wrote:Just spent around 40 hours w/o power. I now own a generator! Didn't lose any food (or wine) out of the deal. PITA, though, since we can't use water unless we want it backing up into the basement...will need to somehow figure out how to connect the generator to that.



feel your pain.... we have a generator that will power fridges,feezers and the well... everything else is not necessary... a generator that would power the whole house is too expensive!

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

x-posted:
Went to local farmer's market yesterday. A bit early for most of what we usually are looking for, but SWMBO found some kohlrabi and beet greens. The kohlrabi wound up with a Granny Smith apple in a slaw with some yogurt and lemon juice dressing. The beet greens, she sautéed with some EVOO, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Meanwhile I grilled some asparagus and a ribeye. What a fascinating and delicious mélange of flavors! Totally harmonious. Oh yes, the wine: a 2004 Jana Cathedral. OMG!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:I don't even LIVE in Omaha!



Thus "kind of"

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

WOW!! Nik Wallenda is AMAZING!! I think I held my breath most of the time!

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:Thus "kind of"


I knew if I waited long enough, you'd pick that up.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bahwm wrote:Doc O, I'm sorry to hear about all of your troubles. What happened out there? I've been dealing with my EOYS (End of The Year core dump) at school that I totally missed what was going on weather wise west of us.



Incredibly powerful thunderstorm. Couldn't see 20' away when it was raining, and the winds were 60+ mph. Still tons of downed trees and power lines. Some people won't get power back for another few days, so we feel fortunate. Supposedly the biggest power outage ever in the state. 500K+ peeps!

Whole home generators are spendy! Will probably get this one so it can run the vitals of our house.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm


quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
otolith wrote:Incredibly powerful thunderstorm. Couldn't see 20' away when it was raining, and the winds were 60+ mph. Still tons of downed trees and power lines. Some people won't get power back for another few days, so we feel fortunate. Supposedly the biggest power outage ever in the state. 500K+ peeps!

Whole home generators are spendy! Will probably get this one so it can run the vitals of our house.


Yikes! That sounds really nasty! Good luck to all of our Minnesota peeps.


May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
kylemittskus wrote:I think that's the coolest thing -- that you two have the ability to enjoy Shakespeare with each other and friends and wine on a summer weekend night in the park.


Thanks! We can do the same any weekday night, too--except for Mondays. Come on out. Measure for Measure is our second show this season. Next year we are planning on Henry V and Comedy of Errors.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
otolith wrote:Just spent around 40 hours w/o power. I now own a generator! Didn't lose any food (or wine) out of the deal. PITA, though, since we can't use water unless we want it backing up into the basement...will need to somehow figure out how to connect the generator to that.

We did about the same thing here. When we moved in in '90, the following year we had lots of nasty storms. Not like yours, but a lot of downed trees and limbs and many outages for hours and at one point lasting into days. After the second short one, I grabbed a 7KW unit and plugged it into the dryer outlet we don't use; propane dryer. A couple tugs and it starts up, main breaker off, dryer breaker on and all is good. Can't run the well pump or A/C, and at night the microwave is dicey with other loads, but all the essentials are in place. Have three UPS units on critical computing and communication devices.
Now, if only the PV system would work during an outage...

CT

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

ohffs