MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:what's stopping you?

A very full wine locker! Plus a melted CC.

Edit: Me!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
MarkDaSpark wrote:A very full wine locker! Plus a melted CC.

Do you have room for more monkeys? I see they're up.

Edit: on regular and on kids'. I see they made sure to note that d/t the shopping cart you can get all 3 for one shipping charge.

MarkDaSpark

InFrom wrote:Do you have room for more monkeys? I see they're up.

Edit: on regular and on kids'. I see they made sure to note that d/t the shopping cart you can get all 3 for one shipping charge.

There's always room for new monkeys! However, those three are all old ones that have been around since January (at least). They were at CES then, and have been in more than one Woot-Off.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:A very full wine locker! Plus a melted CC.

Yes, because that's stopped you in the past...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Those of you that have the Galaxy S3 phone. What do you use as a protective case for it? I think I've already asked this question, but I'm asking again since I've decided I need to get something before the California trip. And just in general.

My coworker has the
Dualtek Extreme, which I'm leaning towards getting.
But also considering the Trident AG-I9300 AEGIS.
But just wanted to hear from some of the rest of you your opinions.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
cheron98 wrote:Yes, because that's stopped you in the past...

thats what I was thinking!!

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Is there anybody in the SF Bay Area who would be willing to supply me with a bottle of the F-2 flower bomb? I didn't jump in on the original offering, and I was disappointed to find that it did not appear during the woot-off.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
JOATMON wrote:Is there anybody in the SF Bay Area who would be willing to supply me with a bottle of the F-2 flower bomb? I didn't jump in on the original offering, and I was disappointed to find that it did not appear during the woot-off.

Irrelevant afa the wine inside but I was very disappointed in the bottle art for the F-2. It's one thing for her to have an angry expression but she looks ugly-mean and has huge out-of-proportion man hands. The first bottle was really well done, this one not so much.

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:Is there anybody in the SF Bay Area who would be willing to supply me with a bottle of the F-2 flower bomb? I didn't jump in on the original offering, and I was disappointed to find that it did not appear during the woot-off.

If not, I can bring one up for you to the Wootception in August.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Those of you that have the Galaxy S3 phone. What do you use as a protective case for it? I think I've already asked this question, but I'm asking again since I've decided I need to get something before the California trip. And just in general.

My coworker has the

I use an OtterBox Commuter, which I'm pretty happy with. You have to use more force to turn it on and off, but you get used to it. Hopefully I'll be able to show you it in August....

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

I too could contribute to assist in alleviating your dryness, but I'm in SD. Still trying to see if I can make it to the wootception.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Yes, because that's stopped you in the past...

Hasn't happened before!! The melted CC that is. Not the full wine locker. It's just that this time, it's a walk-in!

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Those of you that have the Galaxy S3 phone. What do you use as a protective case for it? I think I've already asked this question, but I'm asking again since I've decided I need to get something before the California trip. And just in general.

My coworker has the

I have the Incipio Silicrylic shell dual protection case for Samsung GALAXY S III -Turquoise, and they should have it in different colors as well. Has worked well, and saved my phone a couple of drops.

I use it in conjunction with the Luxmo LU4HBK Horizontal Leather Pouch Belt Clip Holster Carrying Case. It says for iPhone, but it works just fine for the S3.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

The saga continues: I hand scored my exams that did not have results last night. The full scan results showed up in my email about 12:30 PM today--24 hours later. However, there were differences in the scores. I double checked my answer sheet, which was fine. It turns out that whoever input the answers, messed up on two of the answers, costing many of my students 4 points! The errors got corrected and I FINALLY got my grades entered and complete by about 3:45 today! Now, to finish up the packing tomorrow.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:The saga continues: I hand scored my exams that did not have results last night. The full scan results showed up in my email about 12:30 PM today--24 hours later. However, there were differences in the scores. I double checked my answer sheet, which was fine. It turns out that whoever input the answers, messed up on two of the answers, costing many of my students 4 points! The errors got corrected and I FINALLY got my grades entered and complete by about 3:45 today! Now, to finish up the packing tomorrow.

Wow... 4 points?!! that's crazy! good for your students that you had graded them!! I can't believe all you have had to go thru! I hope tomorrow goes smoothly!!! good luck!!!

rjquillin

Suggestions for places (wineries) to visit/avoid in the El Dorado region out around Placerville?

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:Wow... 4 points?!! that's crazy! good for your students that you had graded them!! I can't believe all you have had to go thru! I hope tomorrow goes smoothly!!! good luck!!!

Thanks! The good thing is that a number of others have been having similar problems. The entire Social Studies Dept.had issues and had to hand score also. We had our end of the year breakfast and our principal actually dropped an "F bomb" about this whole program! His attitude basically has become that grades will get done when they get done. So much of it is beyond our control. This from the Napoleonic control freak!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
rjquillin wrote:Suggestions for places (wineries) to visit/avoid in the El Dorado region out around Plaerville?

Neil had some suggestions for me when we were on the tour last summer, but of course I've forgotten. I don't know if he checks these boards, but he knows the area.

rjquillin

Do I owe someone some R.Merlo P.N. that just arrived, or in some state of stupor did I just make a glutton of myself when ordering?

CT

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Birthday to PolarBear22!! And someone else ... umm, bahwm? No. Bowtie? No. It'll come to me eventually.

Happy Birthday to PolarBear22 & ddeuddeg!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

2nded. Hope you're enjoying summer in New England.

rjquillin

chemvictim wrote:Neil had some suggestions for me when we were on the tour last summer, but of course I've forgotten. I don't know if he checks these boards, but he knows the area.

Hopefully he'll check in.
Any memories of places you may have visited?
Here's a link to wineries in the area.

CT

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

My coworker has the

I just picked up a Nokia Lumia 920 on eBay... The iPhone 3gs I've had for many years just isn't cutting it.

(I chose the white model, as it was ending soonest on eBay, and was the lowest price.)

The Windows 8 bit is different, but overall, seems like a great devices. I'd say there are a noted lack of apps I'd like to get thought (compared to Apple and Android), although I haven't had an Android yet. Maybe that'll be next.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
rjquillin wrote:Hopefully he'll check in.
Any memories of places you may have visited?
Here's a link to wineries in the area.

I'm sorry. I drove through Placerville with an intention to visit wineries, but in the end we just passed through on our way to Vino Noceto. It was a fail, I hope to try again sometime.

rjquillin

chemvictim wrote:Vino Noceto. It was a fail, I hope to try again sometime.

Vino Noceto; never a fail.
thanks

CT

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Do I owe someone some R.Merlo P.N. that just arrived, or in some state of stupor did I just make a glutton of myself when ordering?

That was me :-)

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:That was me :-)

Phew. Redemption.

CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
rjquillin wrote:I too could contribute to assist in alleviating your dryness, but I'm in SD. Still trying to see if I can make it to the wootception.

What part of SD do you inhabit? I've been down to La Jolla Village Drive/Miramar Drive so many times this year I've managed to make Southwest A List status already.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
JOATMON wrote:What part of SD do you inhabit? I've been down to La Jolla Village Drive/Miramar Drive so many times this year I've managed to make Southwest A List status already.

We should coordinate to meet up down there...then I could give you wine for Bay Area folks, including some Parcel 17 for you

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Suggestions for places (wineries) to visit/avoid in the El Dorado region out around Plaerville?

Avoid any discos. The players will be out in force.

Or did you mean Placerville? Only one I've heard of is Lava Cap (obviously, they have PS!!).

rjquillin

JOATMON wrote:What part of SD do you inhabit? I've been down to La Jolla Village Drive/Miramar Drive so many times this year I've managed to make Southwest A List status already.

East county, Lakeside, but I work at UCSD, so we cross very close, within minutes of one another.

CT

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Avoid any discos. The players will be out in force.

Or did you mean Placerville? Only one I've heard of is Lava Cap (obviously, they have PS!!).

Grumph, yes, Placerville. Gotta get a new keyboard, and/or eyes.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rjquillin wrote:Grumph, yes, Placerville. Gotta get a new keyboard, and/or eyes.

And/or some sleep. Why are you posting at 3:30 AM?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:And/or some sleep. Why are you posting at 3:30 AM?

It's gotta be 5:30 somewhere doesn't it?
Sleep is overrated.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:Sleep is overrated.

+1

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:It's gotta be 5:30 somewhere doesn't it?
Sleep is overrated.

what is this mysterious thing you speak of....sleep? I have heard rumors about it......

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Hey folks, not to be a pest or anything, but if you are currently thinking you'll be coming to the wootception, even if you're still a "maybe", I'd really appreciate a quick little email or PM to let me know you're at least thinking about it. Trying to get a handle on # of people, and with the current response rate, we're way below what we've been planning for. If I need to make plan changes, now is the time to do it.

Thanks

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

PB a pm for you

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Hey folks, not to be a pest or anything, but if you are currently thinking you'll be coming to the wootception, even if you're still a "maybe", I'd really appreciate a quick little email or PM to let me know you're at least thinking about it. Trying to get a handle on # of people, and with the current response rate, we're way below what we've been planning for. If I need to make plan changes, now is the time to do it.

Thanks

You make plan changes?

Edit: And you have no one to blame but yourselves! I still have til July 20th to RSVP!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:You make plan changes?

Edit: And you have no one to blame but yourselves! I still have til July 20th to RSVP!

Yeah, we probably should have given you wooters a March 20th deadline....so that we would then MAYBE have half of the replies by June 20th, and the other half by July 20th.

Btw, your email only spoke of the Twisted Oak thing. Will you be doing a reply for the other one, or are you waiting until the deadline on that one?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, we probably should have given you wooters a March 20th deadline....so that we would then MAYBE have half of the replies by June 20th, and the other half by July 20th.

Btw, your email only spoke of the Twisted Oak thing. Will you be doing a reply for the other one, or are you waiting until the deadline on that one?

Well, I was going to mail that one out today ... but I guess I could wait.