klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
bahwm wrote:Thanks! I have zero amount of concentration left and I have to finish the Informal Speaking Assessment tonight and a few other updates in the gradebook. Comments will have to wait until tomorrow! I feel like a kid with super ADHD.

Have some wine...that'll help!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

Calling Lowell...what's your take on Behrens & Hitchcock PS? There are some bottles of 99 Spring Mtn PS from them I'm considering grabbing.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
tiger7610 wrote:While I will be going to Pittsburgh at the end of July, I'm not sure there will be enough time for me to drop it off in Buffalo for wootlegging to CA

It's kind to think of me.

But I have new info about Pennsylvania! I got a call from a friendly person at the East Stroudsburg to let me know the Madeira had arrived and that ddeuddeg and bahwm could pick it up any time. While we were talking - I had to break the news that d&b might not exactly be picking up the wine this week - I asked about ordering in-store inventory.

It turns out that most of the stores in the system are "UPS" stores. Which means a UPS truck makes a monthly route around the stores redistributing booze.

The friendly person was kind enough to request more bottles of the Madeira from the Pittsburgh store, with the caveat that it could take 30 days to arrive, depending on the timing of the truck on its route. I said that was no problem.

The only wrinkle is that they don't take payment over the phone, so I'll have to send a check to ddeuddeg (it's *almost* in the mail!) and ask them to pay for it when they pick it up.

So all is well, without having to impose on anyone.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
zTimothyBz wrote:It's kind to think of me.

But I have new info about Pennsylvania! I got a call from a friendly person at the East Stroudsburg to let me know the Madeira had arrived and that ddeuddeg and bahwm could pick it up any time. While we were talking - I had to break the news that d&b might not exactly be picking up the wine this week - I asked about ordering in-store inventory.

It turns out that most of the stores in the system are "UPS" stores. Which means a UPS truck makes a monthly route around the stores redistributing booze.

The friendly person was kind enough to request more bottles of the Madeira from the Pittsburgh store, with the caveat that it could take 30 days to arrive, depending on the timing of the truck on its route. I said that was no problem.

The only wrinkle is that they don't take payment over the phone, so I'll have to send a check to ddeuddeg (it's *almost* in the mail!) and ask them to pay for it when they pick it up.

So all is well, without having to impose on anyone.

Sounds like a perfectly viable plan to me. I'll double check with the store before I leave home in August to make sure they're open on Sunday, as I'd rather pick it up on the way home, rather than have to haul it in and out of the B&B in NJ. And I won't actually need the $ until then, so "(it's *almost* in the mail!)" works, too.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

bhodilee wrote:So there's ten woot sites, not including deals, cause deals doesn't count. Only half of them partake in the wootoff. That shouldn't bother me as badly as it does, but it does. Not that I buy anything on the wootoffs, oooooohhhh, you want me to pay the same price as you just offered this for when I didn't want it then, SIGN ME UP FOR THAT AND EXTRANEOUS COMMAS!

I've been assuming that the newer sites haven't been around long enough to have a sufficient inventory of leftover stuff to sustain the duration of a woot-off. And they've never included shirts in the woot-off. Not that this will make you feel any happier about it, but I like having explanations for things, even if only in my own mind.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
ddeuddeg wrote:I've been assuming that the newer sites haven't been around long enough to have a sufficient inventory of leftover stuff to sustain the duration of a woot-off. And they've never included shirts in the woot-off. Not that this will make you feel any happier about it, but I like having explanations for things, even if only in my own mind.

News flash: shirts are included in the woot-off today.

ddeuddeg

pseudogourmet98 wrote:News flash: shirts are included in the woot-off today.

You'd think a math teacher would know enough never to say "never."
EDIT: Also, who needs a woot-off when you can buy a $200 pen for only 30 bucks on accessories.woot? A $200 pen. Sheesh!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Thanks for the birthday greetings.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ddeuddeg wrote:I've been assuming that the newer sites haven't been around long enough to have a sufficient inventory of leftover stuff to sustain the duration of a woot-off. And they've never included shirts in the woot-off. Not that this will make you feel any happier about it, but I like having explanations for things, even if only in my own mind.

I'm willing to forgive accessories, but tools has been around long enough it should be in the wootoff. Sellout, I get that, it's the red headed stepchild of the woot world. I'm glad to see shirt got off their butts finally. Probably a pain to press all these different shirts though, unless they're outsourcing that now?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:I'm willing to forgive accessories, but tools has been around long enough it should be in the wootoff. Sellout, I get that, it's the red headed stepchild of the woot world. I'm glad to see shirt got off their butts finally. Probably a pain to press all these different shirts though, unless they're outsourcing that now?

I think all of the shirts are digitally printed now, or something. At least I recall something like that being the reason they can now have the huge open catalog that they do.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
North316 wrote:Fat Seperator

You can buy them just about everwhere (I'm sure even walmart has a cheap one). I don't have one yet, but that was a good reminder that I do need to pick one up.

Thanks for the link. Ordered a couple of the 4 cup size--one for the MIL as well.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

I don't know if I can resist the SH reserve...I was rearranging some of the wine cellar yesterday (finally building the last of the wine racks), and was feeling pretty overwhelmed in regards to how I'm going to drink it all...anyone want to buy some wine?!?!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:I'm willing to forgive accessories, but tools has been around long enough it should be in the wootoff. Sellout, I get that, it's the red headed stepchild of the woot world. I'm glad to see shirt got off their butts finally. Probably a pain to press all these different shirts though, unless they're outsourcing that now?

It takes a while to stash up enough excess inventory to sustain a woot-off. Some of their items are probably running on Woot.

Shirt printing (Digital vs Screen Print) depends on how many are ordered. Joel talked a bit about it over here.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:I don't know if I can resist the SH reserve...I was rearranging some of the wine cellar yesterday (finally building the last of the wine racks), and was feeling pretty overwhelmed in regards to how I'm going to drink it all...anyone want to buy some wine?!?!

Think of it like a mortgage... 30 years of wine. You and SWMBO are young. and like wine. You'll persevere!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:It takes a while to stash up enough excess inventory to sustain a woot-off. Some of their items are probably running on Woot.

Shirt printing (Digital vs Screen Print) depends on how many are ordered. Joel talked a bit about it over here.

Welcome back! You were missed! Well, somewhat missed. Wait, were you gone?

They've been slacking on the weekend more RAM.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

joelsisk wrote:Think of it like a mortgage... 30 years of wine. You and SWMBO are young. and like wine. You'll persevere!

Thanks, I think.

Well, decision was made for me. I'm assuming it was switched to the next item prior to it running out, as it was at half, then it went to a new item in a very short time...

--John Muir

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Welcome back! You were missed! Well, somewhat missed. Wait, were you gone?

They've been slacking on the weekend more RAM.

I went on a big long vacation (10 days) to GA, OH, & WI. Been back about a week and a half. Just been busier than heck.

We've split up the categories to make things easier on us. You are stuck with me and RogetRay.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

ThunderThighs wrote:I went on a big long vacation (10 days) to GA, OH, & WI. Been back about a week and a half. Just been busier than heck.

We've split up the categories to make things easier on us. You are stuck with me and RogetRay.

You came to Ohio and did not inform us Ohioans? Wiring the Future!?

My CT

joelsisk

ThunderThighs wrote:I went on a big long vacation (10 days) to GA, OH, & WI. Been back about a week and a half. Just been busier than heck.

what's with the running turd?

joelsisk

and, 40 mins til first sucker on the bamboo tray/rack. then just 5 mins til the second. Still think it might be time to move on...

ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:You came to Ohio and did not inform us Ohioans? Wiring the Future!?

Very fast. I did have dinner with Pooflady though. She posts in Everything But Woot: PWA.

I was in Cincinnati (Kings Island) and Sandusky (Cedar Point).

ThunderThighs

Staff

joelsisk wrote:what's with the running turd?

It's Crap!!!

North316

ThunderThighs wrote:Very fast. I did have dinner with Pooflady though. She posts in Everything But Woot: PWA.

I was in Cincinnati (Kings Island) and Sandusky (Cedar Point).

Only an hour away (from Cedar Point), so not a good excuse!

My CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
North316 wrote:Only an hour away (from Cedar Point), so not a good excuse!

I grew up about an hour away from Cedar Point. Remember riding the Blue Streak before they had seat belts. Now that was a roller coaster ride!

ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:Only an hour away (from Cedar Point), so not a good excuse!

Sorry! I didn't think.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pseudogourmet98 wrote:I grew up about an hour away from Cedar Point. Remember riding the Blue Streak before they had seat belts. Now that was a roller coaster ride!

The Beast & Firehawk at Kings Island were my favs.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
ThunderThighs wrote:The Beast & Firehawk at Kings Island were my favs.

Does Cedar Point still have the Iron Dragon? I used to like that one a lot.

otolith

Out of curiosity, am I the only one grossed out by the thought of bacon spread? Guess I just associate it with bacon grease, and can't get past that...

--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
otolith wrote:Out of curiosity, am I the only one grossed out by the thought of bacon spread? Guess I just associate it with bacon grease, and can't get past that...

I'm with you on that one! Yuck!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bahwm wrote:I'm with you on that one! Yuck!

The pic looks like something I'd have to scrape up after a cat visited. Not good.

CT

ddeuddeg

chipgreen wrote:Does Cedar Point still have the Iron Dragon? I used to like that one a lot.

Yup!

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:Yup!

Nice!

Looks like they added bottoms to the cars. When I rode it, it was a leg-dangler.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Output Machine Failing, Guys!! We just got back from watching Nik Wallenda do his last practice before he walks the Grand Canyon. It was super cool to see him up close! We got to see him preform with his family in Feb... Tonight he answered questions and even walked in the rain....I can't wait to watch him Sunday night!

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:Output Machine Failing, Guys!! We just got back from watching Nik Wallenda do his last practice before he walks the Grand Canyon. It was super cool to see him up close! We got to see him preform with his family in Feb... Tonight he answered questions and even walked in the rain....I can't wait to watch him Sunday night!

Huh?

CT

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:Output Machine Failing, Guys!! We just got back from watching Nik Wallenda do his last practice before he walks the Grand Canyon. It was super cool to see him up close! We got to see him preform with his family in Feb... Tonight he answered questions and even walked in the rain....I can't wait to watch him Sunday night!

Scary, if you ask me. I couldn't watch him walk over Niagara Falls. No way!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Huh?

Nik Wallenda and the Wallenda family live here. Nik will be walking across the Grand Canyon on Sunday night. Nik practiced where anyone who wanted to, could watch him. Today was the last day of his practices. It was really cool to watch him up close!

bahwm

I got to school this AM and had to re-scan my exams since only about 3 showed up per class. New results posted around noon. Still missing the results for 57 students! In all of this time, I could have corrected them manually multiple times. I just checked. No results yet from the noon scan! I guess I will have to do it manually so that I don't hold up all of the report cards! Grrrrr! I want to go to bed! I spent 11 hours at school today! I have to pack up all of my stuff so that someone else can move into my room and I get to have my desk, bookcase, file cabinet and a couple of other shelves. Totally awesome when one has materials for four different levels of work! Yea, right!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

So tempted by the BV Syrah up now.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:I got to school this AM and had to re-scan my exams since only about 3 showed up per class. New results posted around noon. Still missing the results for 57 students! In all of this time, I could have corrected them manually multiple times. I just checked. No results yet from the noon scan! I guess I will have to do it manually so that I don't hold up all of the report cards! Grrrrr! I want to go to bed! I spent 11 hours at school today! I have to pack up all of my stuff so that someone else can move into my room and I get to have my desk, bookcase, file cabinet and a couple of other shelves. Totally awesome when one has materials for four different levels of work! Yea, right!

poor thing!! I hope you get them graded soon and your nightmare ends!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:So tempted by the BV Syrah up now.

what's stopping you?