bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ddeuddeg wrote:Looks like you need to get some rest. Can't even count up to 3.

a little help:

Edit: a most fitting sparkot

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
cheron98 wrote:Just your weekly reminder for people to join us at our Wootception on August 24th.
We still have a LOT of space left, and these spaces are paid for whether you fill them or not. So there is no reason for you not head on over to the Gatherings tab to join us.

EDIT: Oops, this post was actually made by HitAnyKey42....my lovely bride to be was still logged into my machine.

was gonna say... i don't remember posting this and certainly not at 7 am and certainly not sounding so chipper so early. where'd you find that glass? i want one.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 28 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:was gonna say... i don't remember posting this and certainly not at 7 am and certainly not sounding so chipper so early. where'd you find that glass? i want one.

Just had to re-search for it. Originally it was just an image search, but I do see that here is where that glass can be purchased.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Just had to re-search for it. Originally it was just an image search, but I do see that here is where that glass can be purchased.

So didja buy it?

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:So didja buy it?

so, what are you guys having for dinner tonight?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

HitAnyKey42

bhodilee wrote:so, what are you guys having for dinner tonight?

Well, tonight I'm having dinner at my parents house...probably fish. And she's in NJ so would be having dinner with her parents.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

bhodilee

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well, tonight I'm having dinner at my parents house...probably fish. And she's in NJ so would be having dinner with her parents.

and what are you pairing with the fish? And is it coming from your stock or are you raiding Cheron's?

Edit: also, do you guys call each other by your screen names? Is it a cutesy thing you guys do? I've always wondered that about couple's wooters.

HitAnyKey42

cheron98 wrote:So didja buy it?

No, I didn't buy it (yet). Thought I'd wait to see if there might be a wooter(s) out there that might want to buy it for you/us first.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

bhodilee wrote:and what are you pairing with the fish? And is it coming from your stock or are you raiding Cheron's?

Edit: also, do you guys call each other by your screen names? Is it a cutesy thing you guys do? I've always wondered that about couple's wooters.

Well since I'd be pulling from a bottle already in my mom's basement, it would be some white from either my bit of stock in the rack there or from my mom's stock (which is stuff I've sold her from my stock). I think the rack there is mostly down to just Triacip and F-Bomb, so it would likely be one of those.

As to your other question, no we don't. Though she does call me names like wuss, and weirdo, and crazy and things like that.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:Looks like you need to get some rest. Can't even count up to 3.

Nope, just giving the first culprit a pass. It's the latter two culprits that should have known better!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:No, I didn't buy it (yet). Thought I'd wait to see if there might be a wooter(s) out there that might want to buy it for you/us first.

Silly HaK ... thinking we're going to spend that kind of money on non-wine items. Besides, our budgets for your wedding is more along the 99¢ Store inventory kind.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

MarkDaSpark wrote:Silly HaK ... thinking we're going to spend that kind of money on non-wine items. Besides, our budgets for your wedding is more along the 99¢ Store inventory kind.

But we don't need more wine....unless ppl pool together to pre-order us a case of 2012 (or 2013, if it turns out to be just as good a vintage) Kronos.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to PolarBear22!! And someone else ... umm, bahwm? No. Bowtie? No. It'll come to me eventually.

Happy Birthday to PolarBear22 & ddeuddeg!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:But we don't need more wine....unless ppl pool together to pre-order us a case of 2012 (or 2013, if it turns out to be just as good a vintage) Kronos.

I don't think you need to worry about either of those two scenarios.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Nope, just giving the first culprit a pass. It's the latter two culprits that should have known better!!

But I was just responding to the first culprit, so I should get a pass, too. And bahwm should get a pass because...well, because she's bahwm.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

HitAnyKey42

ddeuddeg wrote:But I was just responding to the first culprit, so I should get a pass, too. And bahwm should get a pass because...well, because she's bahwm.

+1

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote: Happy Birthday to PolarBear22 & ddeuddeg!!!

Thanks. At least I get a birthday greeting, even if you won't cut me any slack on that (extremely innocuous) earlier transgression.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

HitAnyKey42 wrote:+1

Lol. Thanks for the support.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus

A very Happy Birthday to PB and D-Dog!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:A very Happy Birthday to PB and D-Dog!

Two great tastes that taste better together?

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:But I was just responding to the first culprit, so I should get a pass, too. And bahwm should get a pass because...well, because she's bahwm.

Actually, you counted as the two on your own! (Because the first actually said: "EDIT: oops, I did a mommadeb" AND you enticed poor innocent bahwm into posting there too!)

bahwm always gets a pass!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

HHHHAAAAAAPYYYYY
BIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTHHHHHHHHHHDAYYYY

PB and D-dog!!

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Actually, you counted as the two on your own! (Because the first actually said: "EDIT: oops, I did a mommadeb" AND you enticed poor innocent bahwm into posting there too!)

I call shenanigans! I'm not the one who posted "EDIT: oops, etc." Nor did I entice bahwm into anything. But I'm sure I'll think of something sooner or later.

bhodilee

So there's ten woot sites, not including deals, cause deals doesn't count. Only half of them partake in the wootoff. That shouldn't bother me as badly as it does, but it does. Not that I buy anything on the wootoffs, oooooohhhh, you want me to pay the same price as you just offered this for when I didn't want it then, SIGN ME UP FOR THAT AND EXTRANEOUS COMMAS!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Actually, you counted as the two on your own! (Because the first actually said: "EDIT: oops, I did a mommadeb" AND you enticed poor innocent bahwm into posting there too!)

be impressed... I actually remembered to post in the correct pub this week!!!

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Anyone in the NYC area want to go catch this over the weekend? I'm thinking of possibly popping down for it.

Itwdswafo

bhodilee wrote:So there's ten woot sites, not including deals, cause deals doesn't count. Only half of them partake in the wootoff. That shouldn't bother me as badly as it does, but it does. Not that I buy anything on the wootoffs, oooooohhhh, you want me to pay the same price as you just offered this for when I didn't want it then, SIGN ME UP FOR THAT AND EXTRANEOUS COMMAS!

My exact thoughts earlier... not to mention, they start up the new tool/accessories sites, but don't have enough product to support woot-offs for them?

Itwdswafo

X-Post

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes up. My understanding is that service has been absolutely horrendous with any address or other changes to orders.

So, they got the case of Wellington to me perfectly (thank goodness), but now the Lineshack is tracking to the incorrect address. Already emailed support, but so far no response. Will email again and see what happens.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fredrinaldi
bhodilee wrote:that's funny, that's the exact one I have. Does it's job, can't complain in the least.

I generally chuck a beer and some Apple Cider Vinegar in that pan for steaming purposes. I think this weekend I'm gonna have the butcher slice me some top round 1/4" thick and smoke some jerky. Sooooo much better than anything you'll ever buy.

damn you guys are making me hungery

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:I call shenanigans! I'm not the one who posted "EDIT: oops, etc." Nor did I entice bahwm into anything. But I'm sure I'll think of something sooner or later.

No, but YOU should have noticed the "OOPS"!

mommadeb1

Itwdswafo wrote:

Anyone in the NYC area want to go catch this over the weekend? I'm thinking of possibly popping down for it.

looks interesting.. wondering if its playing in my area

klezman

quality posts: 114 Private Messages klezman

Happy birthday PB and ddeuddeg!

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:be impressed... I actually remembered to post in the correct pub this week!!!

We are so proud!

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well, tonight I'm having dinner at my parents house...probably fish. And she's in NJ so would be having dinner with her parents.

Also fish. No wine.

bahwm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm

Too busy with exam grading to pay much attention to anything! And, a Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband, ddeuddeg. Hopefully, by tomorrow night, all grades will be in. Yippee! (I say hopefully, because we now have to scan all of our multiple choice answer sheets through a copier to a website that then scores that portion of the exam (not the speaking or writing) and sends us our scores within 24 hours. Those who scanned theirs before me have all received their results. I still have not. Therefore, I cannot total all of the parts of my exam!) Then, I'll just have to worry about figuring out where I can put things away at/from school.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Too busy with exam grading to pay much attention to anything! And, a Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband, ddeuddeg. Hopefully, by tomorrow night, all grades will be in. Yippee! (I say hopefully, because we now have to scan all of our multiple choice answer sheets through a copier to a website that then scores that portion of the exam (not the speaking or writing) and sends us our scores within 24 hours. Those who scanned theirs before me have all received their results. I still have not. Therefore, I cannot total all of the parts of my exam!) Then, I'll just have to worry about figuring out where I can put things away at/from school.

good luck!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:We are so proud!

me too!!

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:good luck!!

Thanks! I have zero amount of concentration left and I have to finish the Informal Speaking Assessment tonight and a few other updates in the gradebook. Comments will have to wait until tomorrow! I feel like a kid with super ADHD.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

I just checked my school email. My results are in! Not! Only the results for about three students per class are visible! It took 12 hours for those results to show up! I could have corrected them by hand faster than that! I may well have to. Ah, technology! On the other hand, glitch number two: I cannot update the grades on the other website because it won't load! This sometimes happens around midnight. They must re-boot their system or something like that. I guess its time to go to bed. Tomorrow is another day.

chipgreen

quality posts: 153 Private Messages chipgreen
klezman wrote:Happy birthday PB and ddeuddeg!

Yes, Happy Birthday PolarBear!

Happy Birthday D-Dog! Sorry I lured you back into the old pub...