Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

North316 wrote:I think you misintepretted him. It sounds like this was a St. Julian package, so it originated in Michigan and then shipped to CA w/o styro-packaging.

you are correct. I did not see that part. oops. i'll be quiet now..

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

Just spoke to Fedex, they tell me they have no refrigerated trucks and my wine is shipped the same as any other time of the year. Paying the extra $2 on every shipment seems pointless. Who am I subsidizing and do they even get special delivery?

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

fogtower wrote:Just spoke to Fedex, they tell me they have no refrigerated trucks and my wine is shipped the same as any other time of the year. Paying the extra $2 on every shipment seems pointless. Who am I subsidizing and do they even get special delivery?

Good day.

Since 2007, we've employed a system that connects refrigerated cold trucks (think produce) with strategically located small parcel carrier hubs in the midwest and east coast. The package then enters the carrier system ( generally in the evening) and is out for delivery often the following morning but no more than two days after it leaves the cold truck.

Track record of success firmly intact.

TT, can you link the previous blog posts on the subject?

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

I can tell my packages are getting special treatment because of the tracking information. During non-summer shipping, I see my packages originate in CA, usually making at least 1 stop before they end up in OH a few days later. During summer shipping, I don't see the package originating in CA at all. It doesn't track until it hits OH and it's hitting a different city in OH than my non-summer packages.

I've ordered hundreds of bottles from wine.woot and never hesitate to order during the summer. Haven't had a cooked bottle yet.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Winedavid39 wrote:Good day.

Since 2007, we've employed a system that connects refrigerated cold trucks (think produce) with strategically located small parcel carrier hubs in the midwest and east coast. The package then enters the carrier system ( generally in the evening) and is out for delivery often the following morning but no more than two days after it leaves the cold truck.

Track record of success firmly intact.

TT, can you link the previous blog posts on the subject?

This blog? Summertime And The Shipping Isn’t Easy (June 2007)

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

ThunderThighs wrote:This blog? Summertime And The Shipping Isn’t Easy (June 2007)

hah, that's pretty dated but it does the trick. heh, we've been at this awhile..

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
fogtower wrote:Just spoke to Fedex, they tell me they have no refrigerated trucks and my wine is shipped the same as any other time of the year. Paying the extra $2 on every shipment seems pointless. Who am I subsidizing and do they even get special delivery?

What the other posts may not have clarified for you is that the FedEx person you talked was probably correct, as far as that went. What he may not realize is that the wine gets to FedEx via a different (refrigerated) carrier, and then they take it from there. Also, this is why, as chipgreen pointed out, the tracking information appears as it does, since FedEx doesn't exactly know about the wine until it reaches them.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:This blog? Summertime And The Shipping Isn’t Easy (June 2007)

So glad people read previous posts in this thread.

And yes, Better Off Dead was classic.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jackey22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackey22

Ahem! Summer shipping ($7 vs. normal $5) has been around since at least 2007. It's not a new policy at all. Normally, instead of the normal cardboard inserts, we get Styrofoam inserts and frozen "ketchup" gel packs as well as the refrigerator truck to a closer, central location.

And more options are always acceptable. Some may choose to use it, and some may not. It's always nice to be able to choose whether you want standard or expedited delivery.

tjg85737

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjg85737
moondigger wrote:I'm sorry, but I find this attitude just ridiculous. They're charging $7 to ship up to TWELVE bottles of wine with extra precautions designed to protect it from summer heat. That's a fantastic bargain, in my opinion.

OR, two-day shipping for $10. Again, a fantastic bargain.

You do the math and you make your choice. You can get hung up on the idea that $7 is XX percent of the order total and decide not to buy the wine, or you can suck it up and deal with the fact that it costs money to ship bottled liquids across the country, and that $7 is a good deal for the service, even if it's only for two bottles. For a case, it's outstanding.

I agree with whats-his/her-face...having worked at a Napa Valley winery for many years I know the cost of shipping from NV is ridiculously high...these rates are a steal!...the only problem is the wine can be shipped via refrigeration but it can sit in the back of an oven hot UPS/FedEx track for most of the day until it gets to you which could be the end of the delivery day...here in Texas that is NOT a good thing...there are no guarantees

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Summer shipping is here!

Remember, 2-day shipping is for faster transit. You should still allow 2-3 weeks for your wine to ship. WD's crew works to time the shipments for the first of the week so there's no sitting over the weekend.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kw9037

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kw9037

The speed of regular shipment is so ridiculous. I have make a order for half month, the order detail still show "shipping now"
When I ask customer support for help, they provide me nothing.

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
kw9037 wrote:The speed of regular shipment is so ridiculous. I have make a order for half month, the order detail still show "shipping now"
When I ask customer support for help, they provide me nothing.

It takes 2-3 weeks for most wine.woot shipments. It's always been that way. Woot doesn't own the wine, they sell it on behalf of the winery then the winery has to get the wine to them for shipping. That takes a little extra time.