cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:Yeah, but being a 2 day ship regardless it's worth nothing to us.

This was exactly my thought. For the west coast the 2 day option is a complete waste of money.

CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Oopsie! Just found a half case of wine shoved in the corner that was never opened back from March. Completely forgot I had it, and was worried for a moment that I had accidentally ordered it again. Thankfully, I didn't. Getting inventory together so I can cross check with my CA inventory and update CT. Yay!

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
zTimothyBz wrote:Is there anyone who can wootleg for me from FineWineAndGoodSpirits in Pennsylvania?

Dude! Pennsylvania's a BIG state--an hour away or a day's drive! Where is this in PA? And, how much wine are you talking about? And, how much wine are you talking about?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo
bahwm wrote:Dude! Pennsylvania's a BIG state--an hour away or a day's drive! Where is this in PA? And, how much wine are you talking about? And, how much wine are you talking about?

Google says I'm about 2 hours away from the nearest location. Wondering if it would be worth the trip.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:That would have been good, but,

Move fast and know what you want and budget. These have been known to be costly to some.

yup, it goes super fast on somethings! it gets me into more trouble!! :0

mommadeb1

Itwdswafo wrote:Oopsie! Just found a half case of wine shoved in the corner that was never opened back from March. Completely forgot I had it, and was worried for a moment that I had accidentally ordered it again. Thankfully, I didn't. Getting inventory together so I can cross check with my CA inventory and update CT. Yay!

that is on my summer to do list... actually put my wine on CT.....

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
zTimothyBz wrote:Is there anyone who can wootleg for me from FineWineAndGoodSpirits in Pennsylvania?

LW didn't think about/realize the State Store setup in PA when she posted earlier. We'll be heading through PA on our way to NJ in early August. If they have what you are looking for either in Scranton or East Stroudsburg, it would be a very simple matter to pick it up on the way, and bring it with us to CA a couple of weeks later. East Stroudsburg is a bit easier on/off, but Scranton is no big deal, especially with a GPS device to get us back on track. Let us know if that helps.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
bahwm wrote:Dude! Pennsylvania's a BIG state--an hour away or a day's drive! Where is this in PA? And, how much wine are you talking about? And, how much wine are you talking about?

Dudette! What do you mean it's a big state? There are 32 other states that are larger - it barely misses being in the bottom third, area-wise.

Anyway, I didn't realize this isn't a business, but teh guv-mint. The product says "Availability: Online Exclusive" and the shipping page says:

We only ship within the state of Pennsylvania.

You may either ship your order to your home or business, or designate one of our PA Wine & Spirits Stores as a pick-up location. If picking your order up at one of our stores, you may choose from any of our locations throughout the state.

bahwm wrote:And, how much wine are you talking about? And, how much wine are you talking about?

As for how much, well all of it of course!

bahwm wrote:And, how much wine are you talking about?

As for how much, how much can can I sweet talk you into carrying? (It would be some 750s and perhaps a couple gift boxes containing four 500s.)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

mommadeb1

True Blood starts tonight!!!!

zTimothyBz

ddeuddeg wrote:LW didn't think about/realize the State Store setup in PA when she posted earlier. We'll be heading through PA on our way to NJ in early August. If they have what you are looking for either in Scranton or East Stroudsburg, it would be a very simple matter to pick it up on the way, and bring it with us to CA a couple of weeks later. East Stroudsburg is a bit easier on/off, but Scranton is no big deal, especially with a GPS device to get us back on track. Let us know if that helps.

Well, I think I could just order and pay for it and have it shipped to the East Stroudsburg store for you to pick up. I'd take it kindly. So now the question is how much wine would not stress you out too much to bring to CA?

My cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
zTimothyBz wrote:Well, I think I could just order and pay for it and have it shipped to the East Stroudsburg store for you to pick up. I'd take it kindly. So now the question is how much wine would not stress you out too much to bring to CA?

Most likely they have very little coming in, if any, but coming back?!?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

zTimothyBz wrote:Well, I think I could just order and pay for it and have it shipped to the East Stroudsburg store for you to pick up. I'd take it kindly. So now the question is how much wine would not stress you out too much to bring to CA?
zTimothyBz wrote:As for how much, how much can can I sweet talk you into carrying? (It would be some 750s and perhaps a couple gift boxes containing four 500s.)

We'll be bringing a couple of case boxes to transport wine home, in the likely event that we acquire some during the week, and they fly free on SWA, so anything up to that amount is doable. Stressed out is pretty much a way of life lately, so that's not really applicable. This would be the second trip in a row that we'll actually be flying to CA with wine in the boxes.
EDIT: For the plan to work as outlined, the gift boxes would need to be able to be disassembled for shipping, and reassembled in CA.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

polarbear22

Got the green light early, though I think it is a combo Father's Day/birthday. But I just ordered the smoker, cover and an assortment of wood chips. In FL next weekend, but plan to be prepared for 4th of July with a likely test smoke beforehand. Today's double rack of ribs may be last time smoking with my Weber. :joy:

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Most likely they have very little coming in, if any, but coming back?!?

You know us all too well, amigo.

zTimothyBz

ddeuddeg wrote:We'll be bringing a couple of case boxes to transport wine home, in the likely event that we acquire some during the week, and they fly free on SWA, so anything up to that amount is doable. Stressed out is pretty much a way of life lately, so that's not really applicable. This would be the second trip in a row that we'll actually be flying to CA with wine in the boxes.
EDIT: For the plan to work as outlined, the gift boxes would need to be able to be disassembled for shipping, and reassembled in CA.

I think that will work - PM for you.

My cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Does anyone just realize what happened? In FIVE HOURS, we coordinated a tri-state exchange of wine. Meanwhile, the government can't get anything done over the course of five years.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

bhodilee wrote:Does anyone just realize what happened? In FIVE HOURS, we coordinated a tri-state exchange of wine. Meanwhile, the government can't get anything done over the course of five years.

Common interests.

My Cellar

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Got the green light early, though I think it is a combo Father's Day/birthday. But I just ordered the smoker, cover and an assortment of wood chips. In FL next weekend, but plan to be prepared for 4th of July with a likely test smoke beforehand. Today's double rack of ribs may be last time smoking with my Weber. :joy:

Well, what did you order?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:Does anyone just realize what happened? In FIVE HOURS, we coordinated a tri-state exchange of wine. Meanwhile, the government can't get anything done over the course of five years.

I do believe it's because of our awesome intelligence!!

ddeuddeg

I know it's an old one, but I can't resist: If pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of Congress?

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:We'll be bringing a couple of case boxes to transport wine home, in the likely event that we acquire some during the week, and they fly free on SWA, so anything up to that amount is doable. (snip)

How does that work, you just check 1 bag each then check one case each as your second checked bags? Wish I would have thought of that on our recent trip to MO wineries (we flew SW) although that must be a bit of a hassle lugging around cases of wine with the other bags. Still, I paid to have one case shipped to OH from the winery and avoided buying some wines I wanted because they wouldn't ship to OH and we could only take 2-3 bottles apiece in our suitcases without exceeding the 50lb limit.

EDIT: oops, I did a mommadeb

ddeuddeg

chipgreen wrote:How does that work, you just check 1 bag each then check one case each as your second checked bags?

Exactly. They always make me sign a waiver, because they don't want to be responsible, but they haven't lost a drop yet.

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

Car rental prices have gone down around the time of the Wootception.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast