$49.99 $̶8̶9̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2010 Noceto Sangiovese, Amador County
2009 Noceto Sangiovese, Amador County
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman

Awesome stuff...get some if you like Sangiovese, Chianti, or anything like it. Definitely a Californian fruit profile, but with an Italian sensibility of sorts.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Good stuff! Buy, if you don't own enough of it already. Almost as good as their Riserva.

coolchris160

quality posts: 50 Private Messages coolchris160

Grrrrrr! Woot!!!.... I'm in the process of buying my first home and funds are very tight! I've been spending too much money on wine lately and if this keeps up, I'll have to use wine.woot boxes to construct makeshift furniture.

EDIT:
Vino Noceto Sangiovese (4)
Speed to first woot: 7m 47.447s
First sucker:larkspur67
Last wooter to woot:coolchris160
Last purchase:a minute ago

AND

Lang Wines Barbera 6-Pack
Speed to First Woot:
1h 17m 59.777s
First Sucker:
scotbenson
Last Wooter to Woot:
coolchris160

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Already bought a case of the 09 over the last 6 months and probably drank half of them. Guess I need to try the 10's I'm in! Great daily drinkers.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of June 10

The Unofficial Start of Summer is here! Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

June
6/15: DFW #?: Sakhuu Thai Please RSVP by June 7.
6/15: SoCal #26: Wine and Burgers
6/22: NorCal #18 - Francophile Solstice, June 22nd in Santa Clara
TBD (6/14 or 15?):Chicago Gathering at Millennium Park 6/14 or 6/15

July
TBD: SoCal #27: Sparky & zTimBz Wine Locker Redux (Sukieasa in town)

August
8/3? TBD: NorCal #19: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
8/24: The Wootception!!!

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

noslensj

quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj

In for two. Now I don't need to feel so reticent to drink up the remaining bottles I have from previous purchases.

chrixie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chrixie

can't be shipped to new jersey.... my heart just sank

LoungeLizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoungeLizard

And no shipping to Maryland. I, too, have spent too much lately but would have loved to try this...

KiernanGS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KiernanGS

Usually I wootleg through my grandparents in VT -- who loved the last Noceto I got (the riserva and sangiovese mix pack from a few years back).

No shipping to VT is surprising and sad. This is a good wine.

Maybe a fiend in NY

tuttlecharles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tuttlecharles

Why cant this ship to New Jersey?

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman

In for three...

I'm excited to see this back on woot! The wife and I just finished the last bottle of the Vino Noceto Sangiovese, so the timing is great. We both enjoyed the mix pack (these and the Reserve) that was up on woot a while back. I was convinced by kylemittskus to take the leap into these, and am very happy I did.

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

Vino Noceto is a winner in my house... But with consistent 80-90 degree temps here for the foreseeable future I am concerned about delivery. Will there be temperature controlled/refrigerated shipping for those of us in the eastern US?

free2day33611

quality posts: 2 Private Messages free2day33611

I believe summer shipping has started?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
kylecountryman wrote:I was convinced by kylemittskus to take the leap into these, and am very happy I did.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

free2day33611 wrote:I believe summer shipping has started?

In areas where needed, WCC will work with the wineries to make sure the wine keeps moving during its transport. They got this down to an art form. However, if you have a problem with a wine, always feel free to email support@woot.com.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Merlynxlii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii
ThunderThighs wrote:In areas where needed, WCC will work with the wineries to make sure the wine keeps moving during its transport. They got this down to an art form. However, if you have a problem with a wine, always feel free to email support@woot.com.

I hope Florida counts as an 'area where needed'. It is already miserably hot here and will be for at least three more months (90F+ consistently). I'm buying this wine to stock for my wedding in November. I really don't want to be surprised by cooked bottles the day of...

Regarding the offer: This is a constant winner with us at home! Vino Noceto's Riserva (previously offered here) is fantastic and their standard Sangiovese (offered here now) brings most of same character. Very good wine for the price offered. Great with pepperoni/pesto/sun-dried tomato pizza.

wrigjenn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wrigjenn

Does this come in discreet packaging, or does it scream "WINE INSIDE!!COME QUICK, NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS"

I ask because I have AWESOME teenagers next door :|

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
wrigjenn wrote:Does this come in discreet packaging, or does it scream "WINE INSIDE!!COME QUICK, NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS"

I ask because I have AWESOME teenagers next door :|

Yes, the label will state that there's alcohol inside.

Read the shipping info on the main sale page. Someone 21 or over needs to sign for the delivery. YMMV, though, since in some instances people report the FedEx person leaving the box w/o signature. One often-recommended workaround is to divert the delivery to your local FedEx office for pickup (you have to go get it w/in a week of arrival).

JimofNoceto

quality posts: 23 Private Messages JimofNoceto

Alas, the never ending saga of states to where we can, cannot, and do ship continues. Sometimes it's a $ decision -- it makes no sense for us to purchase a $300-500 annual license to sell $500 of wine! In others, like the original Tea Party state, real shipment is still forbidden, despite the Federal court ruling. Access to small production wines continues to improve, but we still have a long way to go. Talk to your representatives and let us know. Jim

drgonzo99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drgonzo99
KiernanGS wrote:Usually I wootleg through my grandparents in VT -- who loved the last Noceto I got (the riserva and sangiovese mix pack from a few years back).

No shipping to VT is surprising and sad. This is a good wine.

Maybe a fiend in NY

YES- we don't have so many fiends in Vt!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

guzmantis wrote:Vino Noceto is a winner in my house... But with consistent 80-90 degree temps here for the foreseeable future I am concerned about delivery. Will there be temperature controlled/refrigerated shipping for those of us in the eastern US?

Good morning, So glad to have Vino Noceto back. A mainstay to be sure.

Their wines will be protected during transit. Enjoy the extra precautions w/out the shipping price bump this week. Stay tuned for more on this topic.

thanks,

avontron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avontron

This is an excellent wine! I'd buy some but I still have 8 bottles of the riserva in stock from the last woot+. This is a delicious wine, almost as good as the Riserva itself! I highly recommend!

wrigjenn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wrigjenn
InFrom wrote:Yes, the label will state that there's alcohol inside.

Read the shipping info on the main sale page. Someone 21 or over needs to sign for the delivery. YMMV, though, since in some instances people report the FedEx person leaving the box w/o signature. One often-recommended workaround is to divert the delivery to your local FedEx office for pickup (you have to go get it w/in a week of arrival).

Fantastic idea! thank you. I have a Fed Ex post very close

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis
Winedavid39 wrote:Good morning, So glad to have Vino Noceto back. A mainstay to be sure.

Their wines will be protected during transit. Enjoy the extra precautions w/out the shipping price bump this week. Stay tuned for more on this topic.

thanks,

Sold - in for 1!

dodongo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dodongo

So many remarks here on this long-time favorite that Woot introduced me to many years ago!

I feel the need to break my radio silence just to leave a note that when people say this is "almost" as good as their Riserva, I must politely disagree. I find this wine is actually the more enjoyable of the two. YMMV

Pasta. Red sauce. Noceto Sangiovese. Evening made right there, kids.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
dodongo wrote:So many remarks here on this long-time favorite that Woot introduced me to many years ago!

I feel the need to break my radio silence just to leave a note that when people say this is "almost" as good as their Riserva, I must politely disagree. I find this wine is actually the more enjoyable of the two. YMMV

Pasta. Red sauce. Noceto Sangiovese. Evening made right there, kids.

The Riserva needs time to come into its own. This bottling is certainly the more enjoyable immediately. Love this stuff. I already have 4 bottles. That's not enough, but it'll have to do. Serious SIWBM is standing.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:The Riserva needs time to come into its own. This bottling is certainly the more enjoyable immediately. Love this stuff. I already have 4 bottles. That's not enough, but it'll have to do. Serious SIWBM is standing.

For once I will agree with Kyle the Riserva is so much better with some years under it's belt, but this one at 13+ a bottle delivered I could drink everyday and Sunday.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

noslensj

quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj
InFrom wrote:Yes, the label will state that there's alcohol inside.

I have never had FedEx leave the package without signature. When there hasn't been someone around to sign for it, we've always gotten a failed delivery notice stuck on our door.

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman
kylemittskus wrote:

I cannot thank you enough!

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
Winedavid39 wrote:Enjoy the extra precautions w/out the shipping price bump this week. Stay tuned for more on this topic.

thanks,

Sounds like change is a'comin soon...

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Greetings, Jim. How are the 2005's drinking?

jagercola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jagercola

No Tennessee love. Maybe next time as I would have ordered a lot!

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Let me join the chorus of those who have ALWAYS been pleased with purchases from this winery. Delicious and high QPR.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

Merlynxlii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii
Winedavid39 wrote:Good morning, So glad to have Vino Noceto back. A mainstay to be sure.

thanks,

Excellent news! One less thing to worry about now (sometimes it feels like we should have eloped rather than plan a 100+ person wedding, ugh). Thanks for the response!

nabiscc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabiscc

I'm really a beginner when it comes to anything wine related, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

In for one!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

nabiscc wrote:I'm really a beginner when it comes to anything wine related, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

In for one!

great choice.

sdilullo

quality posts: 38 Private Messages sdilullo

We've loved the Noceto that we've Wooted to date... budget ain't huge right now but in for one all the same!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 282
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

ventivent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ventivent

Sacramentan checking in. Love that all these Amador wines are being featured on Woot. If you have the opportunity, definitely got tasting in Amador County. The winery folks there are friendly, down-to-earth with none of the pretentiousness you may find in Napa. Almost all tastings are free (or at most $5), and the scenery is fantastic.