stormn1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stormn1

Last Wooter to Woot:
stormn1

Last Purchase:
a few seconds ago

It's a great every day drinker. Basically an auto buy because of the QPR. This means I can drink up my remaining bottles from the last woot.

JimofNoceto

quality posts: 23 Private Messages JimofNoceto
Merlynxlii wrote:Excellent news! One less thing to worry about now (sometimes it feels like we should have eloped rather than plan a 100+ person wedding, ugh). Thanks for the response!

You looking for wine for a 100 person wedding? Maybe we could get you signed bottles, well just for the "head" table or so. Once Suzy signed over six cases of Noceto Sangiovese for a customer. (My handwriting is really bad -- got C's or "below average" in school.
We used the 2005 Noceto Sangiovese at our son's wedding five years ago. We did a trial with all our wines, and it was the clear winner. So, the earlier poster asking about the 2005, I haven't tried it lately, but it should be doing very well. But, I'd not suggest waiting until it's 20 years old.
Jim

JimofNoceto

McMalbec wrote:Greetings, Jim. How are the 2005's drinking?

MalMc,
See my note a couple minutes ago. 2005 should be doing very well right now. Probably not a lengthy ager, as 2005 was a little heavy due to the heavy rainfall the prior winter.
Jim

JimofNoceto

JimofNoceto wrote:MalMc,
See my note a couple minutes ago. 2005 should be doing very well right now. Probably not a lengthy ager, as 2005 was a little heavy due to the heavy rainfall the prior winter.
Jim

Whoops, the wine was not as extracted due to the heavy rain.

troman1056

quality posts: 2 Private Messages troman1056

Took one for the team and opened the 2009 I had from a prior offering (this is auto buy for me). My wife and I loved it.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
nabiscc wrote:I'm really a beginner when it comes to anything wine related, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

In for one!

Stick around. Lots and lots to learn from these folks.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Merlynxlii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii
JimofNoceto wrote:You looking for wine for a 100 person wedding?

You have a PM.

Also, only a few hours left... Anyone on the fence, get in! This really is that good and the price won't make you feel guilty for popping it on a casual weeknight.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

This is a wine I seriously misunderestimated at first. It can seem austere without enough air, when young (like 4 years old). But it's really really tasty, and opens up nicely with good decanting. Also it pairs well with Italian food, and though I do now enjoy it on its own, its excellent sharpness to go with the fruit does well with those warm Italian tomato-based dishes.

Top recommendation. It's one of the best wines we have on here, and you should broaden your tastes from Chard and Cab! 8)

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
richardhod wrote:This is a wine I seriously misunderestimated at first. It can seem austere without enough air, when young (like 4 years old). But it's really really tasty, and opens up nicely with good decanting. Also it pairs well with Italian food, and though I do now enjoy it on its own, its excellent sharpness to go with the fruit does well with those warm Italian tomato-based dishes.

Top recommendation. It's one of the best wines we have on here, and you should broaden your tastes from Chard and Cab! 8)

Interesting, I did the same a couple of years ago when I tried one of the single vineyards from a random pack on the PNP. I thought it was a acidic mess, but i'm a believer now

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bougiee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bougiee

In for 1. Time to restock the fridge.... and let the tastings begin for my wedding.

If anyone has any great idea's of wine's that appeal to the masses please PM me. Looking to do something different than the typical Cab and Chard. Not even sure what people typically spend per bottle.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bougiee wrote:In for 1. Time to restock the fridge.... and let the tastings begin for my wedding.

If anyone has any great idea's of wine's that appeal to the masses please PM me. Looking to do something different than the typical Cab and Chard. Not even sure what people typically spend per bottle.

Honestly, buy the cheap crap for the masses and keep a few choice bottles hidden somewhere for you and your close friends assuming they, too, appreciate nicer wines. And mazel tov!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20

Never had 1 and today is not the day as all of the racks are full. Maybe next time.

CT

SuzyGullett

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SuzyGullett
JimofNoceto wrote:MalMc,
Jim

Wife of Jim checking in a little late (sorry). 2005 was one of Rusty's 3 favorites when we did a 20-year vertical last year. It seems that the wines from lighter years age remarkably well.

treylunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treylunn

Unsophisticated wine drinker here... But this stuff just isn't as good this time around (relative to the last offering that included the reserve). What gives? Just in my head?