quality posts: 1550 Private Messages Cesare

Terroir 95470 Sauvignon Blanc, by Chance Creek 6-Pack
$64.99 $̶1̶1̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 43% off List Price
2010 Terroir 95470 Sauvignon Blanc, Mendocino
CT link above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 128 Private Messages cortot20

The Jennings speed review in the ct link mentions ripe gooseberry which is scaring me off a lil here. Did anyone get to try this?

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

Sorry about hijack but received my case of "mixed" McLean Rose and cannot believe what Was in the box: ELEVEN 2005 and ONE 2007. Really? I am a HUGE supporter of WW but this has me truly irked. Market a mixed six pack so I buy two of them to get eleven of one vintage? I hope Wine David or Neil make this right. Sorry Chance Creek! I bought a case of your previous offer BTW

"The older I get the better I was"

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy
losthighwayz wrote:Sorry about hijack but received my case of "mixed" McLean Rose and cannot believe what Was in the box: ELEVEN 2005 and ONE 2007. Really? I am a HUGE supporter of WW but this has me truly irked. Market a mixed six pack so I buy two of them to get eleven of one vintage? I hope Wine David or Neil make this right.

Yeah, that's not good. I highly suggest you contact woot at the support link above. They may miss this posting.

rjquillin

quality posts: 166 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:Sorry about hijack but received my case of "mixed" McLean Rose and cannot believe what Was in the box: ELEVEN 2005 and ONE 2007. Really? I am a HUGE supporter of WW but this has me truly irked. Market a mixed six pack so I buy two of them to get eleven of one vintage? I hope Wine David or Neil make this right. Sorry Chance Creek! I bought a case of your previous offer BTW

Mine arrives today, perhaps we can even things out a bit, depending...

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
losthighwayz wrote:Sorry about hijack but received my case of "mixed" McLean Rose and cannot believe what Was in the box: ELEVEN 2005 and ONE 2007. Really? I am a HUGE supporter of WW but this has me truly irked. Market a mixed six pack so I buy two of them to get eleven of one vintage? I hope Wine David or Neil make this right. Sorry Chance Creek! I bought a case of your previous offer BTW

that's the wine equivalent of ordering french fries and having a rogue onion ring stow away in the bottom of the bag

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

losthighwayz

bhodilee wrote:that's the wine equivalent of ordering french fries and having a rogue onion ring stow away in the bottom of the bag

except I paid $110 for these "fries"

chipgreen

quality posts: 173 Private Messages chipgreen
bhodilee wrote:that's the wine equivalent of ordering french fries and having a rogue onion ring stow away in the bottom of the bag

More like ordering the Pu Pu platter and getting 5 egg rolls and 1 crab rangoon.

chancecreeklou

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chancecreeklou
cortot20 wrote:The Jennings speed review in the ct link mentions ripe gooseberry which is scaring me off a lil here. Did anyone get to try this?

Really it is more citrus and nectarine, but still we get 90 points. Elegant and fun wine for many uses. Aperitif and food pairing. Try some grilled salmon or crab, and it works, sprinkle some chopped cilantro onto your seafood taco and it makes my mouth water just thinking of the combo of Terroir sb washing it down. Thanks Wooters!

losthighwayz

chancecreeklou wrote:Really it is more citrus and nectarine, but still we get 90 points. Elegant and fun wine for many uses. Aperitif and food pairing. Try some grilled salmon or crab, and it works, sprinkle some chopped cilantro onto your seafood taco and it makes my mouth water just thinking of the combo of Terroir sb washing it down. Thanks Wooters!

Thanks for jumping on board! Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the 2010 Chance Creek offered here a few months back. It was crisp and bright. I noticed this offer has Viogner and a splash of chard plus some RS and time in oak barrels. How are they different? I do not like any sweetness in whites so holding back a bit. Thanks!

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

I'm liking the blend... added complexity and mouthfeel, no doubt. Not liking the oak so much (neutral or not).

My question is... you are showing RS as being .16 - with no confirmation that it is .16 g/l.

Not gonna hit the button on what seems to be a nice summer sipper unless there's verification - or a good review.

Gee, I really miss the old Woot where we got lab rattage (or even got to be lab rats).

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

get in touch with Support@Woot.com so we can see about mixing it up. depending on what's available and such factors, i'm not certain what the resolution will be, but we definitely will do what we can.

sorry for the cruddy not-mix.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

rjquillin

PemberDucky wrote:sorry for the cruddy not-mix.

PM for ya..

CT

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
chipgreen wrote:More like ordering the Pu Pu platter and getting 5 egg rolls and 1 crab rangoon.

Like a box of Good and Plenty with only one Good and all the rest are Plentys. (But no cuties)

This is a fun game.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
confusedemmy wrote:I'm liking the blend... added complexity and mouthfeel, no doubt. Not liking the oak so much (neutral or not).

My question is... you are showing RS as being .16 - with no confirmation that it is .16 g/l.

Not gonna hit the button on what seems to be a nice summer sipper unless there's verification - or a good review.

Gee, I really miss the old Woot where we got lab rattage (or even got to be lab rats).

Typical expression of RS and TA in the U.S. is grams per 100 ml (the same as %). 0.16% is not perceptibly sweet (.16 g/l would be extremely dry). The TA is also expressed here as grams per 100 ml (of tartaric acid equivalent).

mstein609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstein609
confusedemmy wrote:Not gonna hit the button on what seems to be a nice summer sipper unless there's verification - or a good review.

Unfortunately, even if Woot's Amazon masters still allowed rattage, it would do you no good for wines that are on sale for just one day. By the time the rats received their bottle, the next offer (or even the one after that) would be up.

As it happens, however, I happened to encounter a bottle of this about a week ago. Fair warning: I tend to like (white) grapefruit bombs and minerally Loire exemplars of the grape, so my reaction should be read in that light. It was quite drinkable, but not something I'd go out of my way to look for. (Not that I could order it anyway, thanks to the idiocy of the Virginia legislature.)

As you may guess, I would have liked an even stronger white grapefruit component to it. I'd call this price point (under $12/bottle shipped) a reasonable value but not a screaming bargain. If you like more sweet and less tart in your SB than I do, you might like it better than I did.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
chipgreen wrote:More like ordering the Pu Pu platter and getting 5 egg rolls and 1 crab rangoon.

Rose with crab rangoon? Hmm.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
mstein609 wrote:Unfortunately, even if Woot's Amazon masters still allowed rattage, it would do you no good for wines that are on sale for just one day. By the time the rats received their bottle, the next offer (or even the one after that) would be up.

As it happens, however, I happened to encounter a bottle of this about a week ago. Fair warning: I tend to like (white) grapefruit bombs and minerally Loire exemplars of the grape,

Same here, what's your fave that runs towards the Loire/mineral from elsewhere? CA/NZ/AU, etc..

But, I do like the other side as well, this one sounds intriguing.

bolligra

quality posts: 31 Private Messages bolligra

Yeah, I got the same mix: 5 '05s and one '07. Kinda sucks.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

chancecreeklou

losthighwayz wrote:Thanks for jumping on board! Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the 2010 Chance Creek offered here a few months back. It was crisp and bright. I noticed this offer has Viogner and a splash of chard plus some RS and time in oak barrels. How are they different? I do not like any sweetness in whites so holding back a bit. Thanks!

It is not sweet at all, rounder in the mouth from the bit of chard and extra viognier. RS is .02%, or otherwise dry. It is meant to be more of a chardonnay drinkers sauvignon blanc.

chancecreeklou

mstein609 wrote:Unfortunately, even if Woot's Amazon masters still allowed rattage, it would do you no good for wines that are on sale for just one day. By the time the rats received their bottle, the next offer (or even the one after that) would be up.

As it happens, however, I happened to encounter a bottle of this about a week ago. Fair warning: I tend to like (white) grapefruit bombs and minerally Loire exemplars of the grape, so my reaction should be read in that light. It was quite drinkable, but not something I'd go out of my way to look for. (Not that I could order it anyway, thanks to the idiocy of the Virginia legislature.)

As you may guess, I would have liked an even stronger white grapefruit component to it. I'd call this price point (under $12/bottle shipped) a reasonable value but not a screaming bargain. If you like more sweet and less tart in your SB than I do, you might like it better than I did.

Read Ceasre "CT Above" for rating. Our main SB, Chance Creek has more grapefruit...

hershelk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk
mstein609 wrote: I tend to like (white) grapefruit bombs and minerally Loire exemplars of the grape. It was quite drinkable, but not something I'd go out of my way to look for. (Not that I could order it anyway, thanks to the idiocy of the Virginia legislature.)

I recently had this at a friends house and agree with mstein. It is somewhere between the NZ and French styles. There is some fruit, but not a lot and it doesn't quite get that crisp minerally Sancerre style either. It is quite drinkable on a summer afternoon on the deck, and not a bad value at around $11, but personally I would spend another $1.50 and go for Kim Crawford on sale somewhere.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Terrior 95470 Sauvignon Blanc

Slightly chilled, 57F. Nose is very strong and floral with hints of tropical fruit. Hard to narrow it down, but it really does jump out of the glass, which is a good fit for an apertif. Palate is medium weight with medium+ acid. Acid comes through much more on the finish than the mid palate. Not very much fruit showing on the palate, but picking up a hint of trop fruit, very small component of grass, and some tart citrus. Will chill a little cooler and then try again as it warms to room temp.
EDIT:
Poured another glass that started off cooler. Paired with some left over Indian curry potatoes and a couple slices of lake county white cheddar. This went really nicely with the cheese and had the acid to cut through the spicy curry.

Fruit is opening up and the palate and staying away from the really grassy side. At the current woot price this is a good deal for easy drinking summer white. The best fit for this would be appetizers or a cheese plate.

cortot20

Got to try the 05' and thought it was awesome for the price. I had ordered but had the order swapped for something else by WW due to being short on product. So trust them when They say they had a very limited amount of the mcclean rose.

CT

cortot20

trifecta wrote:Terrior 95470 Sauvignon Blanc

Slightly chilled, 57F. Nose is very strong and floral with hints of tropical fruit. Hard to narrow it down, but it really does jump out of the glass, which is a good fit for an apertif. Palate is medium weight with medium+ acid. Acid comes through much more on the finish than the mid palate. Not very much fruit showing on the palate, but picking up a hint of trop fruit, very small component of grass, and some tart citrus. Will chill a little cooler and then try again as it warms to room temp.
EDIT:
Poured another glass that started off cooler. Paired with some left over Indian curry potatoes and a couple slices of lake county white cheddar. This went really nicely with the cheese and had the acid to cut through the spicy curry.

Fruit is opening up and the palate and staying away from the really grassy side. At the current woot price this is a good deal for easy drinking summer white. The best fit for this would be appetizers or a cheese plate.

Thanks for the review, I found it helpful. Did you get a chance to try the chance creek SB for a comparison?

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
cortot20 wrote:Thanks for the review, I found it helpful. Did you get a chance to try the chance creek SB for a comparison?

I have not tried their other SB.

EDIT2:

After a couple hours open this is getting a little more complex, with a rounder mouthfeel and a hint of salinity. For those that purchase, I would recommend opening, pouring a half glass, and then popping back into the fridge for a couple hours. Once it warms a bit it should be in the sweet spot.

Moving on to a red with a homemade turkey burger.

Cheers

rjquillin

Terroir 95470, 2010 Redwood Valley Sauvignon Blanc

Found a bottle of this in a mixed three pack that must have been shipped by tortoise, and it just arrived today. As this was not an expected shipment with the other two cases that arrived today, fortunately the local staff called me up to let me know the contents. Wait, a what? A 95470! That's on sale now! Can you chill it down for me?

Late night of work had me picking it up at 18:30. I could say PnP, but it's a screw top, and lo, some glasses appeared. We must have looked quite strange, hanging out in a strip mall with stemware sipping wine. A couple of passer byes actually joined us and shared the other side of the glass. Yes, we're in SoCal and do these things.

No in-depth comments from them, just a "gee, that's really nice" from one lady in one of those mini-SUV's. Another commented she liked it as well.
I kinda feel like a shock jock asking passer-byes if they know who the SecDef is, and hey tell me Jay-Z or some such rot…

I'm finding I enjoy SB, in it's varied styles, but still can't deal with grapefruit bombs; not here. A bit too chilled at first, this had a floral/tropical fruit/citrus nose. As it warmed, a bit of grapefruit and grass showed through. Totally dry, crisp and tart. Again, it started out a bit too chilled, and that seemed to accentuate a minerality that diminished as it warmed. Also as it warmed, it began to fill the mouth better. It almost seems like one can distinguish fruit fermented in stainless, and that in wood, a nice blending, but the Vio and Chard only add subtle hints, and for me it was difficult to pick out individual characteristics I associate with either of them alone or in higher percentage blends.

At home with supper of angle hair pasta, veggies, mushrooms shrimp and sausage with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano, this proved also to be very food friendly. That would be that tart acid. Very nice pairing, and quite unplanned.

Oh, those other comments as we strolled the strip mall consuming as an apéritif?

Jeremy:Fruity and floral on the nose... almost reserved at first, hiding some of the complex combinations of the fruit up front that quickly fades into a short, dry finish.  As the temp rises, the citrus becomes more apparent with notes of grapefruit, and green apple.   A great wine for a light meal pairing or alone as an everyday drink. 

His mom, upon asking for her comments: "Nope, I don't know enough about it to say anything other than it's good!"
She's graduating from that white stuff we don't talk about.

SWMBO: frown. This doesn't taste right. Duh! You just ate some cantaloupe...

Nice bottle, difficult to compare to the Chance Creek we had a few weeks ago. They are both white, and SB, but that's about it.

I'll try to add comments yet this evening, west coast evening that is.

[edit] at ~+1 hour or so, with Creminelli Wild Boar and Vella dry jack. This too is working well. Rounder mouth, but the tartness and acid are holding up well. Many personalities to this SB.

CT

jcrites

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcrites

Anyone received their order yet? Got a tracking number 6/11 but it still hasn't shipped. Brutal heat?

finnsma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finnsma
jcrites wrote:Anyone received their order yet? Got a tracking number 6/11 but it still hasn't shipped. Brutal heat?

I came here to ask the same question. At least I'm not the only one.

I have received notification that two orders placed since this one have been shipped, with estimated delivery dates posted on the Fedex website. This order has no information on delivery or any other tracking information.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jcrites wrote:Anyone received their order yet? Got a tracking number 6/11 but it still hasn't shipped. Brutal heat?

It's not unusual to get the tracking number early on wines. They notify the shipper that a shipment is coming and tracking is assigned. Shipping is timed to keep the bottles moving rather than sitting over the weekend. Hang tight. We're still in the 2-3 week standard for wine.woot shipments.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders