12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

Fat Toad Farm Goat's Milk Caramel 3-Pack
$21.99 $̶3̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 27% off List Price
Fat Toad Farm Cinnamon Caramel, 8 fl. oz.
Fat Toad Farm Salted Bourbon Caramel, 8 fl. oz. 2-Pack

Website

Yelp

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Welcome back!

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy

So I really have no idea what a non-alcoholic milk/sugar-based product has to do with wine, but One More Goof! shut up and take my money. I'm so in on this one...going to eat it with a spoon!

LoriO

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LoriO

This stuff is amazing!!! Haven't tried the salted bourbon one yet and can't wait to get it. Just be warned, the regular and cinnamon one is good enough to eat by the spoonful out of the jar!!!!

Souka

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Souka

Hmmm... maybe I missed something, but the Cinnamon Caramel doesn't have cinnamon.

Let's take a look....
Ingredients: Fresh goat's milk, organic cane sugar, organic cornstarch and baking soda.

Nope... none.

(I'm sure it's not on the list because the cinnamon sticks were removed, and thus not a listed ingredient. Still funny to me!)

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

So what glass do I use with these?

fuseblown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuseblown
bsevern wrote:So what glass do I use with these?

The one it comes in, just like wine. Just don't forget your paper bag if you go out in public!

pbgv23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbgv23

I bought the cinnamon caramel (and the coffee caramel, which sadly isn't part of this deal) through the Daily Grommet last fall. It is incredible, especially on baked apples! So incredible, I've restrained myself from buying any more because I have trouble not digging into the jar with a tablespoon. If you have more self control, by all means get yourself some.

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims

Loooks like another product one would find at Ross, Marshals, TJ Max, or Home Goods.
To add, fresh goats milk with a year shelf life is not so fresh. I guess it is fresh when they make it. Good idea.
I'm in a sour mood I admit it.

sansclsmls

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sansclsmls

I've been wanting to try making Caramel Sauce (really Dulce de leche) in a Crock Pot for a while. Now I realize, I could spice things up by adding flavors to the milk, like cinnamon or salt. Maybe even try a dash of Nutella.

If Woot! doesn't mind, here's a link to making Caramel Sauce in the crock pot.
http://queenbeecoupons.com/slow-cooker-crockpot-caramel-using-sweetened-condensed-milk/

kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis

Bought the coffee and regular(unflavored)on a previous deal here. Enjoyed both but preferred the regular because the flavor of the goat milk was more pronounced.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

We stopped at this farm during our VT brewery tour last August before my daughter went to England. They are listed on the VT Cheese Trail, and we like goat cheese. It's on a back road, off a side road that ends in gravel. You basically pull into a driveway at the farm.

Very nice people. Gave us a tour. Got to get into the goat pens. Showed us where they make the caramel, etc.

The bourbon caramel sauce was so new, they didn't have labels yet. But we loved it. It was fantastic. I forget what other flavor we bought, or what goat cheese, but I recall the courbon caramel sauce. They have little wooden spoons to taste the sauce. I was really tempted to just pour myself a handful and lick it off.

We used it on ice cream. A nice simple vanilla or sweet cream. We are lucky enough to have a farm that makes their own ice cream a couple miles away, that I pass by going to and from work.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

aeneasvt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeneasvt

I have no input about the actual product, but this goatery (?) is in Brookfield, VT, the town next to the one I grew up in. LOVE this place. So if some abstract idea of aesthetics regarding the source of your food is important to you, you can rest assured that this deal can't be beat.

stinawargo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages stinawargo
sansclsmls wrote:
If Woot! doesn't mind, here's a link to making Caramel Sauce in the crock pot.
http://queenbeecoupons.com/slow-cooker-crockpot-caramel-using-sweetened-condensed-milk/

heck, you can make it in the microwave: http://andaglassofmilk.blogspot.com/2013/03/fun-with-condensed-milk-easy-microwave.html

stinawargo

Can anyone give the calorie counts for this stuff?

81prelude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages 81prelude

So what's the shelf life of these? I assume refrigerate after opening?

mikeyg83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeyg83
stinawargo wrote:Can anyone give the calorie counts for this stuff?

Not exactly the specific details for everything offered, but here's at least an idea of the nutrition details.

http://www.fattoadfarm.com/caramel/caramel-details/

gibvel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gibvel

Does anyone else get a "Oh no, Paypal's been temporarily disabled" box when trying to buy this? :-(

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
gibvel wrote:Does anyone else get a "Oh no, Paypal's been temporarily disabled" box when trying to buy this? :-(

That began yesterday with other products as well.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
stinawargo wrote:Can anyone give the calorie counts for this stuff?

To be a Not so haaaaaard!, if you have to ask that question, you probably shouldn't be eating this kind of stuff in the first place.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

gibvel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gibvel
rjquillin wrote:That began yesterday with other products as well.

Thanks rjquillin!

Has anyone figured out a reason for it? I emailed Woot Customer Service but haven't gotten a reply.

stinawargo

bhodilee wrote:To be a Not so haaaaaard!, if you have to ask that question, you probably shouldn't be eating this kind of stuff in the first place.

That's not true at all! It's very easy to work some nice treats for yourself into a calorie-counted day. For example, I had 2 Godiva truffles yesterday, and it was quite a delicious way to spend 300 calories. Furthermore, studies have shown that if you deprive yourself of everything you love, you won't be successful in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

So thanks for the link to the nutritionals; I wasn't able to find it myself on their website, and that was exactly what I was looking for.

pertifly

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pertifly
81prelude wrote:So what's the shelf life of these? I assume refrigerate after opening?

"Fat Toad Farm Caramel Sauces are a certified gluten free product with a 12 month shelf life. Jars should be refrigerated after opening."

http://www.fattoadfarm.com/store/2oz-caramel-gift-bag/

mbuffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbuffy

Um, so I saw this blurb on the main page for this woot:

"mbuffy says she's going to eat this caramel with a spoon. Are you?"

That's great and all, except I'm not a she...I just have a thing for Buffy the Vampire Slayer/SMG thank you very much. :-)

I do still intend to eat this with a spoon, a manly masculine spoon with XY chromosomes.

cmichael258

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmichael258

Still getting the PayPal "oh No" message.

fattoadfarm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fattoadfarm
LoriO wrote:This stuff is amazing!!! Haven't tried the salted bourbon one yet and can't wait to get it. Just be warned, the regular and cinnamon one is good enough to eat by the spoonful out of the jar!!!!

Yeah! That's how we like to eat it, too! Sometimes we even seek out a straw.

fattoadfarm

polarbear22 wrote:We stopped at this farm during our VT brewery tour last August before my daughter went to England. They are listed on the VT Cheese Trail, and we like goat cheese. It's on a back road, off a side road that ends in gravel. You basically pull into a driveway at the farm.

Very nice people. Gave us a tour. Got to get into the goat pens. Showed us where they make the caramel, etc.

The bourbon caramel sauce was so new, they didn't have labels yet. But we loved it. It was fantastic. I forget what other flavor we bought, or what goat cheese, but I recall the courbon caramel sauce. They have little wooden spoons to taste the sauce. I was really tempted to just pour myself a handful and lick it off.

We used it on ice cream. A nice simple vanilla or sweet cream. We are lucky enough to have a farm that makes their own ice cream a couple miles away, that I pass by going to and from work.

Hooray for visitors! We love visitors. Our goats like to prance around and pretend their not showing off for fans. Thanks for making the trek all the way out to the boonies to see us!

fattoadfarm

fiftymegatims wrote:Loooks like another product one would find at Ross, Marshals, TJ Max, or Home Goods.
To add, fresh goats milk with a year shelf life is not so fresh. I guess it is fresh when they make it. Good idea.
I'm in a sour mood I admit it.

Gasp! No way, dude! We hand stir this goodness all day long on our family farm in Vermont - Ross, Marshall, and TJ usually don't go for artisanal products made with so much love. We (there are only 6 of us - my sister, mom, dad, two rock star employees, and I) start the caramel process at 6am (yes with fresh goat's milk from the day before), add organic cane sugar and stir, stir, stir, and then hand fill and hand cap each jar. We don't usually wrap it up until 3pm - tired and sticky.
Our caramel is the traditional Mexican confection known as cajeta. It was originally used by rural agrarian communities in Mexico as a way to preserve goat's milk before refrigeration was widely available. So yes, is has a very long shelf life as the milk has essentially been "preserved" with sugar. You can also find a fairly comprehensive list of places we sell on our site: http://www.fattoadfarm.com/where-to-buy/. Mostly small specialty food stores throughout the country, Williams-Sonoma and Whole Foods.

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
gibvel wrote:Does anyone else get a "Oh no, Paypal's been temporarily disabled" box when trying to buy this? :-(
cmichael258 wrote:Still getting the PayPal "oh No" message.

Sorry for the trouble! Paypal is currently disabled on our site, so we're recommending you use an alternate method for the time being. We're able to accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover over our secure payment system.

Best Regards,

Riley
Woot Member Services

CT

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
fattoadfarm wrote:Gasp! No way, dude! We hand stir this goodness all day long on our family farm in Vermont - Ross, Marshall, and TJ usually don't go for artisanal products made with so much love. We (there are only 6 of us - my sister, mom, dad, two rock star employees, and I) start the caramel process at 6am (yes with fresh goat's milk from the day before), add organic cane sugar and stir, stir, stir, and then hand fill and hand cap each jar. We don't usually wrap it up until 3pm - tired and sticky.
Our caramel is the traditional Mexican confection known as cajeta. It was originally used by rural agrarian communities in Mexico as a way to preserve goat's milk before refrigeration was widely available. So yes, is has a very long shelf life as the milk has essentially been "preserved" with sugar. You can also find a fairly comprehensive list of places we sell on our site: http://www.fattoadfarm.com/where-to-buy/. Mostly small specialty food stores throughout the country, Williams-Sonoma and Whole Foods.

A production process such as this must be supported, especially when trusted wooters attest to the end product being delicioso. I will now place my order, not using Paypal.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?