losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
chipgreen wrote:...or a phrase. "Good enough for government work".

Personally I don't care if other people misspell words or have typos as long as I can understand what they are saying but that's not always the case with lost's profuse number of typos.

Noted. I just have too much to say and it is difficult to do it with 2 and 5 year old boys all over me! I typed this on a keyboard at work...notice any difference? LOL

"The older I get the better I was"

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
losthighwayz wrote:Noted. I just have too much to say and it is difficult to do it with 2 and 5 year old boys all over me! I typed this on a keyboard at work...notice any difference? LOL

Hand the iPad to the 5 year old and start dictating!

EDIT: Actually, there is an app for speech-to-text that might be a good solution for you.

We were at dinner in Cleveland's Little Italy a few weeks ago with another couple and the guy holds his phone up to his mouth like a walkie-talkie and says "incredible veal parm" into it. I jokingly asked "are you talking to Siri?" to which he replied that his fingers were too fat to type on the iPhone so he got this speech-to-text app for it.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 186 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
chipgreen wrote:...or a phrase. "Good enough for government work".

Personally I don't care if other people misspell words or have typos as long as I can understand what they are saying but that's not always the case with lost's profuse number of typos.

Really? It's amazing what the human mind can do ...

Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I could read that and Lost's post just fine!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
losthighwayz wrote:I am referring to core subjects only: ELA, math, SS, and Science for a maximum of 2 hours! Anyway, there is a Block scheduling model where students alternate days between classes thus reducing daily HW in half....been working hard to implement this model at my school...

my daughter is in High school and they have the block schedule.. it really seems to help!

mommadeb1

losthighwayz wrote:Is your stat adopting common core standards? They will be changing things from our current NCLB model here in CA. We are moving away from teaching to the test and into delving deeper per standard

we just started common core...but we will still have testing and the teachers pay/evaluation are based on how well the kids do...

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:30 minutes per subject area. 6-8 subjects. That's 3-4 hours HW each night. That's enormous. Kid gets home at 4 after extra curriculars, if they start when they get home, that's 7-8pm before they're done. Add in an hour for dinner... It's bedtime. When do they get to be KIDS?

you forgot about the kids who are overbooked with after school activities....

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Just another bump and nudge about this WootCeption thing coming up that we would like some people to come celebrate a certain special event with us.

We'd really like to start getting some more emails from ya'll of some more of you wanting to come. After all, it won't be much of a party without you guys there too.

can't be me... I actually replied!!

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:If anyone out there is looking for a wedding gift to buy, I could use one of these....

http://store.sony.com/c/XBR_4K_Ultra_HDTV/en/c/S_84_4KTV

shouldn't it be "we" could use one of these?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 186 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:shouldn't it be "we" could use one of these?

He has yet to learn the joys of mawwage. Where what's his is her's and what's her's is her's.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

not enough content to justify the price. Unless you just gotta have bragging rights.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Suitcase full of wine, waiting to board flight to CA for the weekend. Flight is already delayed two hours hope this isn't foretelling of how the rest of the weekend will go...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cheron98 wrote:30 minutes per subject area. 6-8 subjects. That's 3-4 hours HW each night. That's enormous. Kid gets home at 4 after extra curriculars, if they start when they get home, that's 7-8pm before they're done. Add in an hour for dinner... It's bedtime. When do they get to be KIDS?

Summer.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:If anyone out there is looking for a wedding gift to buy, I could use one of these....

http://store.sony.com/c/XBR_4K_Ultra_HDTV/en/c/S_84_4KTV

Sigh.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:He has yet to learn the joys of mawwage. Where what's his is her's and what's her's is her's.

yup!!

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:can't be me... I actually replied!!

Us two, I mean too!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

losthighwayz, PM

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Haven't you heard of the importance of a mancave?!?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
losthighwayz wrote:Noted. I just have too much to say and it is difficult to do it with 2 and 5 year old boys all over me! I typed this on a keyboard at work...notice any difference? LOL

Aha... It turns out that losthighwayz is Bingley from Pride and Prejudice!

``My ideas flow so rapidly that I have not time to express them -- by which means my letters sometimes convey no ideas at all to my correspondents.''

``Your humility, Mr. Bingley,'' said Elizabeth, ``must disarm reproof.''

``Nothing is more deceitful,'' said Darcy, ``than the appearance of humility. It is often only carelessness of opinion, and sometimes an indirect boast.''

``And which of the two do you call my little recent piece of modesty?''

``The indirect boast; -- for you are really proud of your defects in writing, because you consider them as proceeding from a rapidity of thought and carelessness of execution, which if not estimable, you think at least highly interesting. The power of doing any thing with quickness is always much prized by the possessor, and often without any attention to the imperfection of the performance. When you told Mrs. Bennet this morning that if you ever resolved on quitting Netherfield you should be gone in five minutes, you meant it to be a sort of panegyric, of compliment to yourself -- and yet what is there so very laudable in a precipitance which must leave very necessary business undone, and can be of no real advantage to yourself or any one else?''

Isn't it fascinating that Jane Austen had your number 200 years ago?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Gonna be a tough day, but at least the rain from the remnants of the tropical storm let up.

The centerpiece for tonight's celebration is a 3L bottle of Scott Harvey Zinfandel, which ddeuddeg helped me procure. My daughter's favorite wine. Whereever you are tonight, raise a glass and remember a life lived fully and happily.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
polarbear22 wrote:Gonna be a tough day, but at least the rain from the remnants of the tropical storm let up.

The centerpiece for tonight's celebration is a 3L bottle of Scott Harvey Zinfandel, which ddeuddeg helped me procure. My daughter's favorite wine. Whereever you are tonight, raise a glass and remember a life lived fully and happily.

Will be thinking of you and your family today. And with that in mind, I too, will open a bottle of SH Zin in her honor. Which one is it specifically (InZin, Mountain Selection, or Old Vine Reserve), as I'll open the same?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Gonna be a tough day, but at least the rain from the remnants of the tropical storm let up.

You guys are in my continued thoughts an prayers.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Will be thinking of you and your family today. And with that in mind, I too, will open a bottle of SH Zin in her honor. Which one is it specifically (InZin, Mountain Selection, or Old Vine Reserve), as I'll open the same?

It is a 2007 Mountain Selection Zinfandel.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:Haven't you heard of the importance of a mancave?!?

um...what a strange concept...

mommadeb1

hugs... I to will raise a glass tonight

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Thoughts and wishing happy reflections on a life cut too short, but with great achievement.

We have a "wine walk" tonight. Will raise at least a few glasses in her memory.

bahwm

Thinking of you. We have a wine event tonight at our local AAA ballpark to benefit Shakespeare in Delaware Park. Will raise a few glasses in Caitie's memory.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Happy shopping day today! ddeuddeg got a $15 birthday coupon for particular store/website that I really like. They are running a sale of 50 - 60% off everything! I picked up a bunch of stuff and instead of paying the $19.00 shipping, I searched for a free shipping coupon and it worked!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ddeuddeg wrote:It is a 2007 Mountain Selection Zinfandel.

I don't have the 2007, but it looks like I am now opening a 2008 tonight. Cheers PB!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

Will do - cheers!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Happy shopping day today! ddeuddeg got a $15 birthday coupon for particular store/website that I really like. They are running a sale of 50 - 60% off everything! I picked up a bunch of stuff and instead of paying the $19.00 shipping, I searched for a free shipping coupon and it worked!

yeah!!!

mommadeb1

did the wootception thread disappear on the gatherings site? or am I Just being a dufus again?

mommadeb1

PB... I don't have any Scott Harvey Mountain Zin.... but I am raising my glass of Pedroncelli Zin to your daughter and your family...... Hugs!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
mommadeb1 wrote:did the wootception thread disappear on the gatherings site? or am I Just being a dufus again?

You mean this thread.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20

Just finished my 9 hour build of a gazebo from Costco. Complete hell and it didn't go together totally right. Can I charge them for time spent building their crappy product?

Edit: and then the kings lose in double OT. Double suck.

CT

chipgreen

cortot20 wrote:Just finished my 9 hour build of a gazebo from Costco. Complete hell and it didn't go together totally right. Can I charge them for time spent building their crappy product?

Edit: and then the kings lose in double OT. Double suck.

As a former deck (and sometimes gazebo) builder, when I hear that someone bought a pre-fab kit, one word comes to mind. "Ugh".

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:You mean this thread.

so I was being a doufus!!

Cesare

quality posts: 1652 Private Messages Cesare
mommadeb1 wrote:so I was being a doufus!!

Yep. Also because you spelled doofus wrong twice. :P

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mommadeb1

Cesare wrote:Yep. Also because you spelled doofus wrong twice. :P

it's the Florida way of spelling!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Absolutely done. Cheers to your daughter and your family, PB.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20
chipgreen wrote:As a former deck (and sometimes gazebo) builder, when I hear that someone bought a pre-fab kit, one word comes to mind. "Ugh".

As a guy who is terrible at building things from scratch but follows directions very well, the prefab seemed like a good option since it seemed well thought out. Never again. No part of it was easy and in some cases a single threaded rivet being off center caused an immense amount of extra time trying to make it work. Next time I put up the cash and have one built.

CT