zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Sparky would say: PoSt away, folks!!

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of June 3

The Unofficial Start of Summer is here! Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

June
6/15: NorCal #18: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
6/15: DFW #?: Sakhuu Thai Please RSVP by June 7.
6/15: SoCal #26: Wine and Burgers

July
TBD: SoCal #27: Sparky & zTimBz Wine Locker Redux (Sukieasa in town)

August
8/24: The Wootception!!!

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:Sparky would say: PoSt away, folks!!

Doh! What with taking over for Cesare whilst he's on vacay, forgot tonight was Sunday! Glad someone else started the Pub!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Is it okay if I'm completely unimpressed with this new woot page? It doesn't even make sense. Just call it accessories, a watch is an accessory, good enough. Course I also hate tools & garden woot. It should have just been tools.woot, cause ya know, it's fitting. Woot sites should be ONE NAME!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
bhodilee wrote:Is it okay if I'm completely unimpressed with this new woot page? It doesn't even make sense. Just call it accessories, a watch is an accessory, good enough. Course I also hate tools & garden woot. It should have just been tools.woot, cause ya know, it's fitting. Woot sites should be ONE NAME!

Yawn is my initial response as well.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Besser or Curly on Accessiories & Watches Plus Sale

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
bhodilee wrote:Is it okay if I'm completely unimpressed with this new woot page? It doesn't even make sense. Just call it accessories, a watch is an accessory, good enough. Course I also hate tools & garden woot. It should have just been tools.woot, cause ya know, it's fitting. Woot sites should be ONE NAME!

Ditto, on both points.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

North316

North316 wrote:Besser or Curly on Accessiories & Watches Plus Sale

EDIT: AND Gone....

My CT

HitAnyKey42

Just a reminder to our fellow wooters out there....

There's a Wootception in August that still has plenty of room for our woot-friends, both old & new. Even if we havn't met you yet...what better time than to do so while celebrating our wedding at an awesome winery while munching on a roast pig and sipping some wine?

Did I mention that our caterer guy is importing the pig from Iowa? No? Well now I have.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

Itwdswafo wrote:Another interesting conundrum. Is there going to be another NYC tasting soon? Just not in July....

Hmm, I don't know. June has already started, so I don't think one could even be planned quick enough, and I certainly don't have time to do so. So July would be the only likely possibility, but again...one of the NYCrew would have to help organize it (and host it). And then August...well, see above post....I'm not available for the entire month ).

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

North316

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Just a reminder to our fellow wooters out there....

There's a Wootception in August that still has plenty of room for our woot-friends, both old & new. Even if we havn't met you yet...what better time than to do so while celebrating our wedding at an awesome winery while munching on a roast pig and sipping some wine?

Did I mention that our caterer guy is importing the pig from Iowa? No? Well now I have.

I had completely written this off as a possibility since it is across the country, the weekend of our anniversary, and we just back from Vegas a month ago.

However, it would actually be a pretty fun event for our anniversary (August 27th) and could still fullfill our anniversary plans (visit a different MLB ballpark each year, San Fran is in town that weekend). And plane tickets, while not cheap, are actually cheaper than I expected $400 round-trip on SW.

All things considered, I may just bring this up to the wife to gauge her thoughts. I still think it will be out of our budget, and I really wanted our next left-coast visit to be much longer and exploratory (which would definitely push this out of budget), but I am least intrigued at this point.

My CT

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:EDIT: AND Gone....

Did I mention how much I HATE the 7 am Woot Plus offers?

HitAnyKey42

North316 wrote:I had completely written this off as a possibility since it is across the country, the weekend of our anniversary, and we just back from Vegas a month ago.

However, it would actually be a pretty fun event for our anniversary (August 27th) and could still fullfill our anniversary plans (visit a different MLB ballpark each year, San Fran is in town that weekend). And plane tickets, while not cheap, are actually cheaper than I expected $400 round-trip on SW.

All things considered, I may just bring this up to the wife to gauge her thoughts. I still think it will be out of our budget, and I really wanted our next left-coast visit to be much longer and exploratory (which would definitely push this out of budget), but I am least intrigued at this point.

That sounds like a perfectly wonderful anniversary trip.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

North316

MarkDaSpark wrote:Did I mention how much I HATE the 7 am Woot Plus offers?

Good thing they happen at 10AM.

My CT

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Good thing they happen at 10AM.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie released a wine. You too can be a humanitarian by adopting one of these Italian, pale red heads for only $25 here.

MarkDaSpark

So glad people are paying attention and posting here, in the NEW Pub!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Hmm, I don't know. June has already started, so I don't think one could even be planned quick enough, and I certainly don't have time to do so. So July would be the only likely possibility, but again...one of the NYCrew would have to help organize it (and host it). And then August...well, see above post....I'm not available for the entire month ).

You're booked for July. July is going to be nuts.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:I'm in on that manhug, as well.

And I LOVE Shafer.

Well, if you ever find yourself in these parts, I may know someone who would open one to share.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

mommadeb1 wrote:good oops or bad oops?

I decided to post in the correct pub. ;)

--John Muir

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

Winesmith:
work got in the way.

Any extra to share?

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Winesmith:
work got in the way.

Any extra to share?

And here I figured you were going to send a bottle or two my way. I'm better off not having it, though.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I decided to post in the correct pub. ;)

Thank you!!!! Sheesh, Cheron gets engaged and is so busy she doesn't have time to smack people around anymore for posting in the old Pub.

Even ThunderThighs posted, and she should have known better!!! Granted, she's on Vacation, but still!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:So glad people are paying attention and posting here, in the NEW Pub!

hey, quit picking on me!! I don't know why I can't remember to go to new pub on monday's.... maybe its because I hate mondays? oh well, I finally got a clue!!!

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:I decided to post in the correct pub. ;)

sorry, I finally switched pub's!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Thank you!!!! Sheesh, Cheron gets engaged and is so busy she doesn't have time to smack people around anymore for posting in the old Pub.

Even ThunderThighs posted, and she should have known better!!! Granted, she's on Vacation, but still!

can I blame it on being the last week of school and I was working?

HitAnyKey42

mommadeb1 wrote:can I blame it on being the last week of school and I was working?

Yes. And you can also blame it on Corrado. It's always his fault.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

101 degree fever not something I was planning on this week.

bhodilee

Itwdswafo wrote:101 degree fever not something I was planning on this week.

damnit! I was planning on that and it hasn't happened. Lucky!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

Blame that on Corrado too!

MarkDaSpark

Darn RPM! He had to post in the main wine thread. Now I have to buy some.

mommadeb1

ewww not good.... feel better soon!

mommadeb1

Watching Taboo USA......

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Cross-posting from the wrong pub:
Alrighty then, maybe I can attract some attention. Wooters, it's still not too late to contribute to a worthy cause, and help our friend PB reach his fund-raising goal.
Click here.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

Cross Post

ddeuddeg wrote:Is this the pub we're not supposed to post on any more?

Cheron, I think we're gonna need a bigger club!

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:Cross-posting from the wrong pub:
Alrighty then, maybe I can attract some attention. Wooters, it's still not too late to contribute to a worthy cause, and help our friend PB reach his fund-raising goal.
Click here.

Done

MarkDaSpark

L.M.A.O. - It's Not About The Nail

The difference between men and woman.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
MarkDaSpark wrote:L.M.A.O. - It's Not About The Nail

The difference between men and woman.

Who has been there? *Raises hand*

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bhodilee

cmaldoon wrote:Who has been there? *Raises hand*

Try this: "why do you think I care, we both know you're not going to do anything about it, don't you have girlfriends to Stooge about this crap to?"

I can't guarantee it works as well for you as it did for me. I think it was two full days before she said anything other than Hello. Hellooo. Hellooooo. to me though. Point is, I don't get this very often anymore.

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

Urggggghhhhh! Annoying kids! Four more days of classes. Breathe in, breathe out! *****end rant. Thank you.*****

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast