MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

zTimBz and Sparky need to make room in their wine locker. Oh, and I think someone is coming to town in July. Hmmm, now if we could only remember! (Sadly, sukieasa didn't make travel arrangements, but it appears Itwdswafo will be our guest traveller.)

Host: zTimBz and MarkDaSpark

Location: Our OC Wine Locker (Off the 405 at Jamboree) in Irvine.

Theme: We need to make room! Also, we both evidently have 2003 TyTaniums than are screaming to be opened.

Date: July 12, 2013

Time: 6 PM (Have to be out by 7pm) Dinner afterwards?

Attendees:
- Sparky
- Itwdswafo
- Jenludwig

Note that we will probably have a .5 gather on Friday, July 12th around 6:00 pm, since Itwdswafo and Jenludwig will be in town then.

Updated: 7/9/13 at 8:45 AM PDT

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Yay! Can't wait to visit the wine cellar again. They just moved me up a size, and now I'm next to where (one of) Sparky's used to be.

I'll be in town for pretty much the entire month of July. Will be up in NorCal 19-24 though.

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

i'll be booking my cali tickets this week... what's the best week for y'all right now? i'm actually thinking 4th of july weekend!?

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

MarkDaSpark

sukeiasa wrote:i'll be booking my cali tickets this week... what's the best week for y'all right now? i'm actually thinking 4th of july weekend!?

Bueller?

Does the 6th work for everyone? Speak now!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Bueller?

Does the 6th work for everyone? Speak now!!!

Were booked for that weekend. I would think a lot of folks are going to be busy that weekend as well.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

We're booked every weekend until October. Seriously. Lots of fun stuff but damn, it's going to be a busy few months.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

We'll be recovering from our software beta release. So a drink or ten may be in order Although there's always the chance we'll go out to the woods that weekend.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

sukeiasa wrote:i'll be booking my cali tickets this week... what's the best week for y'all right now? i'm actually thinking 4th of july weekend!?

How does the 13th work for you?

I was also worried that people would have plans for that weekend as well.

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Were booked for that weekend. I would think a lot of folks are going to be busy that weekend as well.

How's the 13th?

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:We're booked every weekend until October. Seriously. Lots of fun stuff but damn, it's going to be a busy few months.

Just send your SO ...

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Pretty good chance for us on the 13th.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

Itwdswafo

13th I'm currently free. 6th is bad. 20th is bad. 27th is also good.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Any week but the 6th I can make.

tytiger58

We are in if it's on the 13th...and dinner might be nice after/with copious amounts of wine?

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz

We are on vacation the 13th and 20th so we are out unless the 27th is an option.

"The older I get the better I was"

Itwdswafo

tytiger58 wrote:We are in if it's on the 13th...and dinner might be nice after/with copious amounts of wine?

There are a few restaurants around that have free corkage.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:We are in if it's on the 13th...and dinner might be nice after/with copious amounts of wine?

13th would work here to, I think, but I've still got that 0.04% to deal with...

CT

tytiger58

The Brazilian Churrascaria sounds good? but we would be up for pretty much anything

MarkDaSpark

Okay, we're on for the 13th.

Itwdswafo

MarkDaSpark wrote:Okay, we're on for the 13th.

I'll be there!

MarkDaSpark

tytiger58 wrote:The Brazilian Churrascaria sounds good? but we would be up for pretty much anything

It really is good. Will have to find out what they charge for Corkage.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
MarkDaSpark wrote:It really is good.

By that, he means they keep bringing different cuts of meat until we all beg for mercy!

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

jenludwig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenludwig

Hmmmm.....I will be in town that weekend, but have tentative plans. If it weren't with family I'd cancel because this sounds more fun:-) I'm still waiting to hear if the plans are a go or not. I'll check back in...

MarkDaSpark

jenludwig wrote:Hmmmm.....I will be in town that weekend, but have tentative plans. If it weren't with family I'd cancel because this sounds more fun:-) I'm still waiting to hear if the plans are a go or not. I'll check back in...

Now's the time to speak up and tell them to make a time slot for those wacky Internet fiends ... err, friends you've never met in person!

Worst case, drop by for an hour or two (starts around 3 pm), and then head out for dinner with the family.

klezman

molarchae and I are in - we're even going to pick up some Ridge Santa Cruz at Total Wine on the way.

I'd vote for inexpensive dinner with copious amounts of delicious wine

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58

SWMBO and I are in...and definitely in for any dinner plans. I will bring a bottle of something for that

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

sorry... didn't get a response for this weekend so i didn't get to book tix... but anyways, i will be in town 8/9-11 and will make a trip to the lockers 8/10 to clear up some inventory for sure... feel free to come hang out!

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

MarkDaSpark

sukeiasa wrote:sorry... didn't get a response for this weekend so i didn't get to book tix... but anyways, i will be in town 8/9-11 and will make a trip to the lockers 8/10 to clear up some inventory for sure... feel free to come hang out!

Sorry, we did seem to have ruled out this weekend before June 12th, and asked about this weekend then.

As you saw, the 10th is Tim's bday celebration.

jenludwig

MarkDaSpark wrote:Now's the time to speak up and tell them to make a time slot for those wacky Internet fiends ... err, friends you've never met in person!

Worst case, drop by for an hour or two (starts around 3 pm), and then head out for dinner with the family.

Heading up to Santa Monica Friday after I'm out at the office and staying the weekend, so I'll not be making this:-(. I will be in Costa Mesa 7/8-19 except that weekend though if anyone wanted to grab dinner, or even advise on a good option for that:-)

klezman

jenludwig wrote:Heading up to Santa Monica Friday after I'm out at the office and staying the weekend, so I'll not be making this:-(. I will be in Costa Mesa 7/8-19 except that weekend though if anyone wanted to grab dinner, or even advise on a good option for that:-)

You can get a ride with me and molarchae - we're starting from Culver City!

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20

We have plans for Friday night already so our babysitting is tapped out. Well see you guys next time.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:We have plans for Friday night already so our babysitting is tapped out. Well see you guys next time.

Too bad for you! I'm planning on opening my KR Port set.

MarkDaSpark

zTimBz has informed me that other plans have required his presence elsewhere on the 13th.

Should we postpone? Or have a dinner by Klez on Saturday (or Friday?)

jenludwig

MarkDaSpark wrote:zTimBz has informed me that other plans have required his presence elsewhere on the 13th.

Should we postpone? Or have a dinner by Klez on Saturday (or Friday?)

If you decide to do Friday or Sunday I could probably join. I can always head to Santa Monica Saturday morning for my family visiting time instead of Friday.

Itwdswafo

I can only do 7/13 or 7/27. I need to pass off some wine to sparky and rjquillin too. Oh yah, btw Sparky, I need to pass off some wine to you for CAGirl

Edit: oh yeah! Friday and Sunday work too.

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:I can only do 7/13 or 7/27. I need to pass off some wine to sparky and rjquillin too. Oh yah, btw Sparky, I need to pass off some wine to you for CAGirl

Edit: oh yeah! Friday and Sunday work too.

Well, that Friday works for me at the Wine Locker, but they are closed on Sundays.

But I think the 27th is fine for me. Votes?

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, that Friday works for me at the Wine Locker, but they are closed on Sundays.

But I think the 27th is fine for me. Votes?

27th works for us

"The older I get the better I was"

MarkDaSpark

jenludwig wrote:If you decide to do Friday or Sunday I could probably join. I can always head to Santa Monica Saturday morning for my family visiting time instead of Friday.

I can always host a small gather on Friday, around 6 in Irvine at the wine locker. We can have the main gather on the 27th if that works.

klezman

Ugh...not sure what our plans are for the 27th, will need to check. Definitely had this one worked into the schedule already, hope we can make a different date if you move it.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I'm making a trip back home at the end of the month, so I'm out for the 27th.