WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Just in time for Father's Day

Nothing says "I'm glad you're my male progenitor" like a rosewood corkscrew or accordion winebox. This Father's Day, give your dad the gift of wine management.

Cesare

quality posts: 1614 Private Messages Cesare

Just in time for Father's Day

Chateau Epernay II Cork Screw-Mahogany
$19.99 $̶4̶9̶.̶9̶9̶ 60% off List Price

Chateau Epernay II Corkscrew - Rosewood

Chateau Epernay II Cork Screw-True Bone

Chateau Epernay II Cork Screw-Ebony

Chateau Epernay II Cork Screw-Bamboo

Adequate Gift 2-Pack & Random Epernay II Corkscrew Gift Pack
$39.99

2008 Woot Cellars Adequate Gift

Adequate Gift 2-Pack with Leather 2 Bottle Accordion Wine Box Gift Pack
$44.99

Adequate Gift 2-Pack with Leather 2 Bottle Wine Box Gift Pack
$44.99

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ghost650

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ghost650
Cesare wrote:Just in time for Father's Day

Just in time for Father's day.

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20

Lol, how much of he adequate gift do you guys have. It seems to peak it's head out every 6 months or so when we thought we had seen the last of it.

CT

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

cortot20 wrote:Lol, how much of he adequate gift do you guys have. It seems to peak it's head out every 6 months or so when we thought we had seen the last of it.

just tried again. it's getting BETTER !

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I just polished off my last bottle of Adequate Gift this week, and can confirm that it is improving with age. It's an unusual wine that I find hard to describe. It's got a very big mid palate.

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444
ghost650 wrote:Just in time for Father's day.

Just in time for Father's day.

cortot20

Winedavid39 wrote:just tried again. it's getting BETTER !

I don't doubt you. However I would gladly purchase it again by itself, I don't need any more corkscrews or wine boxes. I'm good. Just sell me the wine its one of my fav's.

CT

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
cortot20 wrote:I don't doubt you. However I would gladly purchase it again by itself, I don't need any more corkscrews or wine boxes. I'm good. Just sell me the wine its one of my fav's.

LOL, I am just the opposite. I would love to purchase the box and tools but then be able to put the wine I choose in it to make the gift. Have to pass. Woot! put up just the box with tools to see what would happen. I would be in for at least one of the leather ones.

pwrcar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwrcar

Why is everyone only buying one? I have two fathers, if I buy one how then do I decide which father to give ti to?

whynotus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whynotus
pwrcar wrote:Why is everyone only buying one? I have two fathers, if I buy one how then do I decide which father to give ti to?

I would guess because there are a lot of us that are not yet married (to have a father-in-law) and do not come from a two-father household.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:I don't doubt you. However I would gladly purchase it again by itself, I don't need any more corkscrews or wine boxes. I'm good. Just sell me the wine its one of my fav's.

I'll take the corkscrew and give you $10, and of course, wipe the $13 credit I have with you.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

kylemittskus wrote:I'll take the corkscrew and give you $10, and of course, wipe the $13 credit I have with you.

You already spent the credit on the SH 10' barbera. Plus I have plenty of wine so I don't really need this. Unless you really want to spend $23 on the corkscrew...........

CT

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

There was once a boy named Derrrick who liked dragons much, and he had dragon posters all over his bedroom. Then, one night he thought he saw something flying outside of his bedroom, so he entered the bedroom of his parents and said to his parents, "Parents, I am afraid off a beast that is outside my window with wings." His parents were bad parents, and so they said, "We don't care about you, Derrrick! Go back to your sleep room and don't make us bothered again!" So Derrrick did just that! He never made them bothered again because when they checked on him in the morning, they found that he was gone eaten by a dragon.

"Oh no!" Said Derrrick's mother, because she had always secrecy loved him a lot because he was her only son and she was a great mom. For morning, she decided to spent the night in his room, and she also got eaten by a dragon also! The next night his father slept in his room because he was sad too now because his wife had been died by a dragon, and he got dragon eaten too.

Now, every week on the days of the time the dragon ate Derrrick's family, the dragon comes back to eat another family. This ISN'T FAKE! If you don't repost this into the comments section of any Woot sale in the next ten minutes it'll be your family that gets the eaten by a dragon!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:You already spent the credit on the SH 10' barbera. Plus I have plenty of wine so I don't really need this. Unless you really want to spend $23 on the corkscrew...........

I'm glad you're keeping track of everything.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
charliecarroll wrote:LOL, I am just the opposite. I would love to purchase the box and tools but then be able to put the wine I choose in it to make the gift. Have to pass. Woot! put up just the box with tools to see what would happen. I would be in for at least one of the leather ones.

It's a relatively inexpensive bottle of wine that will be good for quite a few years. Surely you could replace the bottle with something more appropriate and give the Adequate Gift as a white elephant gift at some point. The label alone is worth $10, if you ask me! To boot, the wine is totally adequate. I think it would go quite well with beef stew or even caprese. Bonus points if the caprese has Cavendoni balsamico on it!

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

Does anyone have notes on this wine? Thanks!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
SmilingBoognish wrote:It's a relatively inexpensive bottle of wine that will be good for quite a few years. Surely you could replace the bottle with something more appropriate and give the Adequate Gift as a white elephant gift at some point. The label alone is worth $10, if you ask me! To boot, the wine is totally adequate. I think it would go quite well with beef stew or even caprese. Bonus points if the caprese has Cavendoni balsamico on it!

You know, you have a point there that I will give some thought to. Thanks.

cortot20

jchasma wrote:Does anyone have notes on this wine? Thanks!

Here you go.
https://www.cellartracker.com/classic/wine.asp?iWine=789523

CT