loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Hey All,

A friend of mine is going to a wedding in Santa Rosa and wants to stop at a few places in Sonoma. I've already recommended Iron Horse, and I've referred her to Peter Wellington and Ty Caton in the past.

Do you guys have any recommendations for wineries in the area between Iron Horse and Santa Rosa? I'll post a map after I get the link fixed.

Map

EDIT: Between Iron Horse and Santa Rosa.

Thanks,
Kevin

loveladyelectric

Bump. Nothing?

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Does your friend like Pinot?

Merry Edwards is right on the way there, and I enjoy her Pinot (her chard and Sauv Blanc, when they have some) are good too.

Not too far away is Joseph Swan- Pinot and Zin. And once you're there, Woodenhead is around the corner- we've had their Zin here on Woot, but I'm a big fan of their Pinots....

If you get over to River Road, Harvest Moon, Hook & Ladder and Tara Bella (need appt) are all good spots to taste...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Last time we went to IH, we visited Woodenhead and Hook & Ladder. We went from IH to Arista once too.

loveladyelectric

Thanks guys. I think she decided on Joseph Swan because of the wider selection, and because she read somewhere that their zin was a top 75 wine to try before you die.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

For sure! Dutton Estate, Lynmar, and Marimar are around the corner from Iron Horse....Ive enjoyed Dutton Pinots and Lynmar Chards though all three are pricey...

"The older I get the better I was"

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

Inspiration vineyards TR is in Santa Rosa.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
loveladyelectric wrote:Thanks guys. I think she decided on Joseph Swan because of the wider selection, and because she read somewhere that their zin was a top 75 wine to try before you die.

Better check on availability. They're not open as much as other wineries. From their website:
Hours:
Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00am-4:30pm

We also offer tasting and sales by appointment on Mondays and Fridays. Please call (707) 573-3747 to schedule an appointment or contact joe@swanwinery.com.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99

I'll put in a plug for Sheldon Wines, located right in Santa Rosa (1301 Cleveland Ave). It's a micro-production place, I think they make between 500-1000 cases total per year, but their wines are all very good. I think the tasting room is in an industrial park, but don't be put off by that.

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg

Siduri and Novy wineries are at the same address in Santa Rosa, and some very good wines are made there. But you need to call them in advance to make sure they'll have someone available to pour.