bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

So much for getting a bunch of school work done today. I've spent more than four hours doing proofreading and other work for Shakespeare in Delaware Park today! It's just about time to shower and start getting ready to get dinner going before we go out to see a play tonight.

Edit: Oh, and Hamlet! (That's one of the plays that SDP is doing this summer!)

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:Bacon!! But for $99??? I'm not seeing the Love there!

Agreed...way overpriced to begin with, and the "deal" just isn't there.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

Anybody near enough to Culver City/West LA want to join in for dinner tonight? tytiger has a bottle of something tasty to share, we're grilling up a tri-tip and popping a few corks. Got room for about 3 more people!

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
bahwm wrote:
Edit: Oh, and Hamlet! (That's one of the plays that SDP is doing this summer!)

King Lear >>> Hamlet. I quite like Hamlet, though, too.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
kylemittskus wrote:+1. Syrah has quickly become my favorite varietal, tied with neb (which I wouldn't pair with BBQ).

There is something about the qualities of a syrah that remind me of a zin. The juiciness and spiciness and the tannic structure that seem similar. At least to me.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Totally exhausted!!! Had to get up early today so we could meet up with friends and go canoeing down one of our local rivers.... I think we were out for 6 hours.... we took a couple of breaks to look for sharks teeth and eat, and to let the kids play.... we were really lucky, storm were supposed to hit around noon... but they didn't!! yea! Talk about an upper body workout!!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Anybody near enough to Culver City/West LA want to join in for dinner tonight? tytiger has a bottle of something tasty to share, we're grilling up a tri-tip and popping a few corks. Got room for about 3 more people!

I am soooo thinking about you guys. Was pulling bottles to head up when diverted to Brawley. Don't believe a word of "it's a dry heat" Bravo Sierra. It's ~still~ 106 officially, but to me feels like 120.
All this because an unnamed I'm-not-even-sure-what-her-relationship-to-me-is went and popped out another one from a part-time BF.

Let's play name-the relationship.

SWMBO's sister's husband's son's wife's daughter's (by another man) unmarried daughter's illegitimate daughter now has an illegitimate brother by a second father.
Follow that?

But peace with SWMBO prevails.

Bitter wine this evening up for consumption.
Scotty, beam me up.

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
rjquillin wrote:I am soooo thinking about you guys. Was pulling bottles to head up when diverted to Brawley. Don't believe a word of "it's a dry heat" Bravo Sierra. It's ~still~ 106 officially, but to me feels like 120.
All this because an unnamed I'm-not-even-sure-what-her-relationship-to-me-is went and popped out another one from a part-time BF.

SWMBO's sister's husband's son's wife's daughter's (by another man) unmarried daughter's illegitimate daughter now has an illegitimate brother by a second father.
Follow that?

Scotty, beam me up.

Do you have a place to hide?

rjquillin

chemvictim wrote:Do you have a place to hide?

Not here. At home, yes, but my choice would have been LA.

CT

rjquillin

And now I get a call from the 99'ers at their BdX tasting. Sounds like they're having a great time. Forgot to ask if they did the skype link with Klez this evening.

Thanks Guys!

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
klezman wrote:Anybody near enough to Culver City/West LA want to join in for dinner tonight? tytiger has a bottle of something tasty to share, we're grilling up a tri-tip and popping a few corks. Got room for about 3 more people!

If I hadn't been hosting a tea today, that would have been tempting. I have some 2003 Tytanium that cries out to be drunk. How did the evening go?

Sparky, when are you going to make the thread about the tasting at the wine-locker?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Son of a ... Dinner out with Mom tonight.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:If I hadn't been hosting a tea today, that would have been tempting. I have some 2003 Tytanium that cries out to be drunk. How did the evening go?

Sparky, when are you going to make the thread about the tasting at the wine-locker?

"Soon, too soon Sleep will come when thou art fled; Of neither would I ask the boon I ask of thee, belove' d Night Swift be thine approaching flight, Come soon, soon!"

And evidently, I also have a 2003 TyTanium wanting to be opened. Although it appears there's also 6 younger brothers from 2004, and don't get me started on the 2006 brothers!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Spent the day in Napa. Stopped by Palmaz Vineyards and Corison today. Staying in Sonoma tonight and heading to Iron Horse tomorrow.

MarkDaSpark

Where's Ted Healy? is up with the stupid Dragon posts in the main thread????

klezman

rjquillin wrote:And now I get a call from the 99'ers at their BdX tasting. Sounds like they're having a great time. Forgot to ask if they did the skype link with Klez this evening.

Thanks Guys!

We also got the call...ended up trying some facetime for a while. Kyle and tytiger got to get a look at all the NorCal folks they hadn't met yet, and it was nice for me to see some familiar faces too. Excellent wines all around, including a surprisingly light late harvest Zin from Dry Creek Vineyard (2003).

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:I don't log on for a day and I miss a case of Wellington?? Dangitt! When's the next woot-off?

It's up again!! Better move fast!!!

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's up again!! Better move fast!!!

SCORE!! I guess they were looking out for me Was really hoping something would come up I wanted this week, because I wanted to throw in something from Neil's finds this week too. So got the Line Shack's also. Though, in my haste, I accidentally shipped to my old address in NYC. Sent an email to support, hopefully they get it changed!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Itwdswafo wrote:SCORE!! I guess they were looking out for me Was really hoping something would come up I wanted this week, because I wanted to throw in something from Neil's finds this week too. So got the Line Shack's also. Though, in my haste, I accidentally shipped to my old address in NYC. Sent an email to support, hopefully they get it changed!

I wouldn't get your hopes up. My understanding is that service has been absolutely horrendous with any address or other changes to orders.

On a side note, we still need to find a way to get you the Quaffmor box that you had shipped to me. It's still resting nicely here at my condo.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes up. My understanding is that service has been absolutely horrendous with any address or other changes to orders.

On a side note, we still need to find a way to get you the Quaffmor box that you had shipped to me. It's still resting nicely here at my condo.

Hmmm.... I'll have to find a way to get through. Maybe message WD?

Another interesting conundrum. Is there going to be another NYC tasting soon? Just not in July....

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:I am soooo thinking about you guys. Was pulling bottles to head up when diverted to Brawley. Don't believe a word of "it's a dry heat" Bravo Sierra. It's ~still~ 106 officially, but to me feels like 120.

Follow that?

Scotty, beam me up.

you could write a book about all this and no one would believe its true! Hope things have settled down a bit there!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Where's Ted Healy? is up with the stupid Dragon posts in the main thread????

I was wondering about the stupid dragon posts myself....

MarkDaSpark

Follow that?

Scotty, beam me up.

It could have been worse ...

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I was wondering about the stupid dragon posts myself....

At least they've stopped for now. :knocks on wood:

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
kylemittskus wrote:King Lear >>> Hamlet. I quite like Hamlet, though, too.

Othello > Lear > Hamlet > Macbeth.

IMO.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:We also got the call...ended up trying some facetime for a while. Kyle and tytiger got to get a look at all the NorCal folks they hadn't met yet, and it was nice for me to see some familiar faces too. Excellent wines all around, including a surprisingly light late harvest Zin from Dry Creek Vineyard (2003).

+1 and certainly Neal made himself welcome down here with his shirt

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

moondigger wrote:Othello > Lear > Hamlet > Macbeth.

IMO.

Lear is top for me, but probably because I spent so much time with it. It was one of my Masters's comp books.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Many of you know my real name. If you are interested in seeing our daughter's obituary, go to courant.com, obits are under "Home". Or send me a PM and I will send you a link.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

And after riding 70 miles for MS today, in heat with a strong headwind for the last 10 miles, I am ready for my traditional steak dinner. We are planning to open a bottle of Shafer Relentless, which was a gift from a good friend here. What could be better?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

otolith

polarbear22 wrote:And after riding 70 miles for MS today, in heat with a strong headwind for the last 10 miles, I am ready for my traditional steak dinner. We are planning to open a bottle of Shafer Relentless, which was a gift from a good friend here. What could be better?

Enjoy the steak and the wine!

Hope there is some "normalcy" that is finding its way into your lives. :manhug:

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

otolith wrote:Enjoy the steak and the wine!

Thanks. A friend who lost a child called it the "new normal". I think it is a ways away, but we hope that the funeral next week will help close some things.

And yes, that wine was fantastic with the steak. My daughter always enjoyed life, and I am trying to learn that lesson. So We had a great meal and had great thoughts.

My Cellar

otolith

polarbear22 wrote:Thanks. A friend who lost a child called it the "new normal". I think it is a ways away, but we hope that the funeral next week will help close some things.

And yes, that wine was fantastic with the steak. My daughter always enjoyed life, and I am trying to learn that lesson. So We had a great meal and had great thoughts.

Having had 2 people close to me die at a relatively young age really reinforced in me that even though you should plan for tomorrow, be sure to enjoy today, and have some fun along the way. Sounds like your daughter did, although unfortunately not long enough.

And, if you liked the Relentless, we'll open a Hillside next time we're together.

--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

If you're heading out to the wootception in August, right now is the time to book. Prices have gone down quite a bit since we booked on SWA a few weeks ago. We are now saving $66 each rnd trip.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:If you're heading out to the wootcetion in August, right now is the time to book. Prices have gone down quite a bit since we booked on SWA a few weeks ago. We are now saving $66 each rnd trip.

thanks to you.. I now have flights to and from!!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
otolith wrote:Enjoy the steak and the wine!

+1, especially the manhug.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:And after riding 70 miles for MS today, in heat with a strong headwind for the last 10 miles, I am ready for my traditional steak dinner. We are planning to open a bottle of Shafer Relentless, which was a gift from a good friend here. What could be better?

I hate to admit this, but it looks like I messed up my donation. I thought I put it through a couple of weeks ago, but I was using my phone, and I may have neglected a step in the process, because it's not showing up in my credit card transactions. I'm going to take care of that as soon as I finish this post, and I'll encourage any other wooters who haven't donated yet to get on board. It's not too late, and PB could use some help reaching his goal.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:I hate to admit this, but it looks like I messed up my donation. I thought I put it through a couple of weeks ago, but I was using my phone, and I may have neglected a step in the process, because it's not showing up in my credit card transactions. I'm going to take care of that as soon as I finish this post, and I'll encourage any other wooters who haven't donated yet to get on board. It's not too late, and PB could use some help reaching his goal.

thanks for the reminder....I totally forgot to donate!! will do when I get home from work today!!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
bahwm wrote:If you're heading out to the wootception in August, right now is the time to book. Prices have gone down quite a bit since we booked on SWA a few weeks ago. We are now saving $66 each rnd trip.

Lucky you. I booked ours at the end of April, and I just checked...prices for our flight are $100 more expensive right now. So guess we won't be saving any more than I already had. LOL

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:+1, especially the manhug.

I'm in on that manhug, as well.

And I LOVE Shafer.

mommadeb1

One More Goof!... crazy day at work... our former superintendent(s) have run our school system into the ground...we now have a new super... who had made MAJOR cuts in teachers and aides plus other upper personnel.. I think in total there will be close to 300+ who will loose their jobs.... lets just say moral isn't the best right now...... lets hope the new super actually gets the schools back on track!!