North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:^^^^^ THIS calls for an Argon setup if ever I've seen a need.

Feel free to post step by step instructions, parts lists, etc...that someone who is not an engineer can follow, and I think most of us would have the argon setup...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

MommaDeb - PM for you.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
UBlink wrote:I would post how long the Blinks have been married but those who have met the lovely Mrs. Blink would undoubtedly accuse me of cradle robbery.

I'm sure I'm not alone in asserting that they'd likely accuse you of extreme good fortune, as well.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Does anyone have experience with getting a public library ebook on the kindle? I failed.

I clicked to download the book, which took me to amazon, and I chose which kindle to send it to and saved the file. The instructions said to then connect the kindle to the computer via USB, and transfer that file to the kindle's documents folder. I did that, but the books aren't showing up on the kindle.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
North316 wrote:Feel free to post step by step instructions, parts lists, etc...that someone who is not an engineer can follow, and I think most of us would have the argon setup...

+1

In other news... iPhone5 was stolen while in NYC. Dangitt. Now, purchase a new iPhone (probably would go back to the 4s, I wasn't a fan of the 5), get a no thrills phone, or consider a different smart phone? I already have enough invested with Apple products and apps. MacBook, iPad, and original iPhone adopter etc, etc. I've tried out the new Windows phones and HATE them, can't figure out how their software works. Thoughts?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
Itwdswafo wrote:+1

In other news... iPhone5 was stolen while in NYC. Dangitt. Now, purchase a new iPhone (probably would go back to the 4s, I wasn't a fan of the 5), get a no thrills phone, or consider a different smart phone? I already have enough invested with Apple products and apps. MacBook, iPad, and original iPhone adopter etc, etc. I've tried out the new Windows phones and HATE them, can't figure out how their software works. Thoughts?

I adore my S4, but stick with Apple if you've invested in the ecosystem

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
polarbear22 wrote:MommaDeb - PM for you.

answered

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I received these 2 texts today, one right after another:

(Value Wine!) Di Arie June Value Wine! 09 Primitivo Estate, 30% off + $9.95 Ship. (Ret.$150) 6 Bottles Just $100. cgdiarie.com/html/vom2.html call 530-620-6500

I've never ordered from their winery and don't remember giving them my cell number...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
chemvictim wrote:Does anyone have experience with getting a public library ebook on the kindle? I failed.

I clicked to download the book, which took me to amazon, and I chose which kindle to send it to and saved the file. The instructions said to then connect the kindle to the computer via USB, and transfer that file to the kindle's documents folder. I did that, but the books aren't showing up on the kindle.

(Note: not a techie). My library uses Overdrive to loan e-books. Whether I choose kindle or ePub edition, I have to set up the overdrive account/link to my library account to download the books. Might want to search something like "access digital media" from the library web-site to see if you need to set up some type of account line this. Again, not a techie; hope it helps.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
kylemittskus wrote:I received these 2 texts today, one right after another:

(Value Wine!) Di Arie June Value Wine! 09 Primitivo Estate, 30% off + $9.95 Ship. (Ret.$150) 6 Bottles Just $100. cgdiarie.com/html/vom2.html call 530-620-6500

I've never ordered from their winery and don't remember giving them my cell number...

Is it possible they found your cell phone number in itwsdwafo's stolen iPhone??

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Weird. Me too. I am on the CG di Arie mailing list, but I don't know how they got my phone number. This is the first time I have gotten the text. They must be trying to reach out via text as a new marketing strategy, but I am also concerned about how they got the number.

It appears that the second text was a correction to the first one.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:Feel free to post step by step instructions, parts lists, etc...that someone who is not an engineer can follow, and I think most of us would have the argon setup...

Ok. Got a couple time sucking projects cooking I hope to settle up soon, but this will prod me to source the flow meter I've wanted to add to finish out, then I'll do a sourced BOM and a righty-tighty lefty-loosy assembly document.

Would a parts kit, sans the bottle, be of interest?

CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Is it possible they found your cell phone number in itwsdwafo's stolen iPhone??

HA!

North316

rjquillin wrote:Ok. Got a couple time sucking projects cooking I hope to settle up soon, but this will prod me to source the flow meter I've wanted to add to finish out, then I'll do a sourced BOM and a righty-tighty lefty-loosy assembly document.

Would a parts kit, sans the bottle, be of interest?

Absolutely

My CT

mommadeb1

I received the same texts.. I have placed an order in the past...

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
rjquillin wrote:

Like North has said, put it together in a step by step DIY thread, and I'm there!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:What is this drinks wine you speak of?

It's where you take a cork screw, and well, you may have heard of the rest. heh

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
mommadeb1 wrote:I received the same texts.. I have placed an order in the past...

Me, too. I think I did order something directly from them in the past.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

I bought the Re-serve system when it was here a couple of years ago. They didn't move many units of it, as I recall, but it did prompt some interesting comments about preservation systems that day. I've been pretty happy with it (and still use it), though I admit to being scared I'll inhale an OD of the argon someday, and keel right over. But it's really simple to use. And I ain't dead yet!

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Austerity fire sale
France under fire over presidential wine sale
AFP - President Francois Hollande has been accused of selling off France's national heritage with an auction of hundreds of bottles of fine wine from the cellars of the Elysee Palace.

A total of 1,200 bottles, including some of the world's most prestigious labels, were due to go under the hammer from Thursday evening in a sale that has become symbolic of the cash-strapped government's austerity drive.
The sale includes wines from every major region in France as well as a number of bottles from two of the most prestigious, and expensive, estates in the world -- Bordeaux's Chateau Petrus and Burgundy's Domaine de la Romanee-Conti.

Two bottles of Petrus from the outstanding 1990 vintage have been given a guide price of between 2,200 and 2,500 euros ($2,850-$3,250), based on current valuations in the fine wine world.

CT

otolith

rjquillin wrote:Austerity fire sale
AFP - President Francois Hollande has been accused of selling off France's national heritage with an auction of hundreds of bottles of fine wine from the cellars of the Elysee Palace.

A total of 1,200 bottles, including some of the world's most prestigious labels, were due to go under the hammer from Thursday evening in a sale that has become symbolic of the cash-strapped government's austerity drive.
The sale includes wines from every major region in France as well as a number of bottles from two of the most prestigious, and expensive, estates in the world -- Bordeaux's Chateau Petrus and Burgundy's Domaine de la Romanee-Conti.

Two bottles of Petrus from the outstanding 1990 vintage have been given a guide price of between 2,200 and 2,500 euros ($2,850-$3,250), based on current valuations in the fine wine world.

Thank goodness our gov't doesn't have out of control deficit spending! Oh, wait. :shrug:

--John Muir

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
pseudogourmet98 wrote:(Note: not a techie). My library uses Overdrive to loan e-books. Whether I choose kindle or ePub edition, I have to set up the overdrive account/link to my library account to download the books. Might want to search something like "access digital media" from the library web-site to see if you need to set up some type of account line this. Again, not a techie; hope it helps.

Thanks! It turns out my books were actually there all the time! I had so much crap on my carousel I couldn't find them.

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

having slow cooker bbq chicken tonight. Am thinking of pairing with a 2004 chase zin. Having been looking for an excuse to open one. Good idea? bad? other suggestions? I love how the CT notes have been saying "drink now" for 5 years

North316

joelsisk wrote:having slow cooker bbq chicken tonight. Am thinking of pairing with a 2004 chase zin. Having been looking for an excuse to open one. Good idea? bad? other suggestions? I love how the CT notes have been saying "drink now" for 5 years

Zin almost always work with BBQ. Zin, Barbera or Sangio are my BBQ wines.

My CT

kylemittskus

joelsisk wrote:having slow cooker bbq chicken tonight. Am thinking of pairing with a 2004 chase zin. Having been looking for an excuse to open one. Good idea? bad? other suggestions? I love how the CT notes have been saying "drink now" for 5 years

Fantastic idea. I still have an 05 left.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

I agree with North....great idea. Should go wonderfully. I really do enjoy the Chase Zins. I'm all out of the '04s but I do still have two of the '05s. Will probably finish these off within the next couple years.
Though I do still have some other '04 & '05 Zins to consume. So it's not like I'm in any rush to get through the Chase ones.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

We just popped open a bottle of this the other night. Seriously. I think we picked it up after the '08 tour when we visited their very tiny tasting room. ddeuddeg & I were both surprised that it had not mellowed out with all that time in the bottle. We wound up decanting it. It helped some. It should go well with the bbq chicken. Enjoy!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith

North316 wrote:Zin almost always work with BBQ. Zin, Barbera or Sangio are my BBQ wines.

I would also add syrah/shiraz to this list as well.

--John Muir

kylemittskus

otolith wrote:I would also add syrah/shiraz to this list as well.

+1. Syrah has quickly become my favorite varietal, tied with neb (which I wouldn't pair with BBQ).

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

If the BBQ chicken uses a rub instead of a sauce I would also go for a more restrained Grenache. Maybe a GSM. Otherwise you can't go wrong with zin.

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Austerity fire sale

so, what are you and sparky going to bid on?

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Ok wine woofers in the Richmond VA area. One of the long time ago wine wooters (I couldn't find her wine woot name) and I are both working in Richmond next week. Anyone want to join us for dinner?

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

kylemittskus

Gatherings tab is broken!

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:Gatherings tab is broken!

you can't reply, even if you had a thread opened....aggggggggggggghhhhhh

mommadeb1

tornado touched down within 1 mile of my aunt and uncles... I haven't heard from them since it touched down... keeping everyone in the tornado area are ok.

edit: just got at text they are ok.....

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
UBlink wrote:Ok wine woofers in the Richmond VA area. One of the long time ago wine wooters (I couldn't find her wine woot name) and I are both working in Richmond next week. Anyone want to join us for dinner?

Figures that I wasn't online until just now. I hope you had a great time!

bahwm

cjsiege wrote:Figures that I wasn't online until just now. I hope you had a great time!

CJ, it sounds like UBlink is checking on dinner options for next week!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
bahwm wrote:CJ, it sounds like UBlink is checking on dinner options for next week!

Oops. Thanks for the gentle nudge. Too many 14 hour days in a row... UB - PM for you.

bahwm

kylemittskus wrote:Gatherings tab is broken!

It's working again.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Bacon!! But for $99??? I'm not seeing the Love there!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.