chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cmaldoon wrote:We're at almost 5 years together. We both figure on a 1-2 yr engagement. No rush felt on either side.

As my dad responded when told of the happy news: we had been engaged for a while and we were finally just announcing the obvious.

I mentioned your happy news to my husband, whom you met on the rpm tour. He thought you were already married.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:There could be some physical damage to the flash drive. Look at it, but you might not see anything.

Also, have you tried it on another system at work? Or made sure you've restarted both of your computers? (Silly to ask, but it has to be asked.)

You can try the following: first step is to gently apply light pressure to either side of the flash drive while it is inserted.

Make sure the sound on your computer is on so you will hear the “ding” if the connection is momentarily reestablished.

If you do get an indication, you can try to hold your flash drive in the position that causes it to show up.

While you hold it in place, ask someone to access the drive and save your files to your computer.

This requires a steady hand and if you have a lot of data on your flash drive, you might have to hold it in the same position for a long time.

Your only other option is to send it to a reputable data recovery company like FlashDrivePros for a free analysis. Toll Free 888-806-6567

I figure that there is probably some physical damage to the connection area. Although I can't see anything. It seems to sit rather loosely in the port. I did re-start both computers, of course. Also, at work, it started to read and then konked out. I'll have to try it again at work tomorrow and see what happens.

I just emailed the company to set up a trouble ticket. We'll see what they have to say.

Sparky, thanks for your help.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
chemvictim wrote:I mentioned your happy news to my husband, whom you met on the rpm tour. He thought you were already married.

Ha! This is rich.
Recall any animated disagreements?
Single.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
cmaldoon wrote:We're at almost 5 years together. We both figure on a 1-2 yr engagement. No rush felt on either side.

As my dad responded when told of the happy news: we had been engaged for a while and we were finally just announcing the obvious.

SWMBO and I were engaged for just under 2 years. We waited until I finished grad school and she finished law school. Got married before she got her Bar results but after everything else was settled.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

We were together 6 yrs or so before we tied the knot. Planning a wedding while finishing med school was not overly enjoyable. I believe we bought/closed on a house, graduated from med school together, and got married, all within a 2 wk time. Thankfully, we'll never have to do that again.

Tomorrow will be 14 yrs!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

We were married 2 weeks after our first baby popped, so I guess that means we were engaged for 8.5 months
19 years this August!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:^ = she said yes ;-)

Mazal tov!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Okay, what's up with the quick sellout?? 2 bottles only?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:We were together 6 yrs or so before we tied the knot. Planning a wedding while finishing med school was not overly enjoyable. I believe we bought/closed on a house, graduated from med school together, and got married, all within a 2 wk time. Thankfully, we'll never have to do that again.

Tomorrow will be 14 yrs!

Congrats! Mine is Friday and will be five years, which when you consider that my wife married ME, is the equivalent to 70 married years. We've been together 11 years though.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

Congratulations!

I had an 18 month engagement and only gave the ring back once with a "You have one week to control your mother clause attached". He did and we just celebrated 18 years last Monday.

A longer engagement can give you time to work out a lot of kinks, and 99% of them are neither the bride or groom.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
funbunny wrote:Congratulations!

I had an 18 month engagement and only gave the ring back once with a "You have one week to control your mother clause attached". He did and we just celebrated 18 years last Monday.

A longer engagement can give you time to work out a lot of kinks, and 99% of them are neither the bride or groom.

You don't look old enough to have been married for 18 years. Congrat't. When you get around to opening the port, let me know how it was.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:We were together 6 yrs or so before we tied the knot. Planning a wedding while finishing med school was not overly enjoyable. I believe we bought/closed on a house, graduated from med school together, and got married, all within a 2 wk time. Thankfully, we'll never have to do that again.

Tomorrow will be 14 yrs!

Happy Anniversary!

We got married while Michelle was in the middle of law school.

We'll be 7 years in August.

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
jmdavidson wrote:You don't look old enough to have been married for 18 years. Congrat't. When you get around to opening the port, let me know how it was.

I'm so sorry, I meant to tell you he loved the Port. I told him it was to take to his big poker games when the wine geeks attend. I'll let you know how it goes over.

And thanks for the age comment, I just try to stand in good lighting.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

bahwm

bahwm wrote:I figure that there is probably some physical damage to the connection area. Although I can't see anything. It seems to sit rather loosely in the port. I did re-start both computers, of course. Also, at work, it started to read and then konked out. I'll have to try it again at work tomorrow and see what happens.

I just emailed the company to set up a trouble ticket. We'll see what they have to say.

Sparky, thanks for your help.

And so, the plot thickens: I put the travel drive into one of the ports in my computer at school. It looks like everything is there--until I open a folder and find nothing! I also tried to drag the folders, but there is supposedly nothing to copy. Hmmm.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:And so, the plot thickens: I put the travel drive into one of the ports in my computer at school. It looks like everything is there--until I open a folder and find nothing! I also tried to drag the folders, but there is supposedly nothing to copy. Hmmm.

You have a linux box you could plug this into?

CT

kylemittskus

This is pretty funny:

http://tabletograve.com/man-sues-parker-life-wasted-drinking-overpriced-wine/

joelsisk

Thinking of PolarBear. Haven't heard from him around these parts. Hope the trip home was uneventful and that you have an easy time returning to the mundane.

kylemittskus

joelsisk wrote:Thinking of PolarBear. Haven't heard from him around these parts. Hope the trip home was uneventful and that you have an easy time returning to the mundane.

He posted yesterday, but +1 all the same.

joelsisk

kylemittskus wrote:He posted yesterday, but +1 all the same.

So he did. with all the engagement congrats I guess it didn't register.

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:You have a linux box you could plug this into?

Um, no. Not even sure what that is.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Tomorrow will be 14 yrs!

Congratulations!! And many, many more.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
joelsisk wrote:Thinking of PolarBear. Haven't heard from him around these parts. Hope the trip home was uneventful and that you have an easy time returning to the mundane.

Thanks guys. We had a good trip back, but lots to do when we got home after nearly 2 weeks. Got a bike ride in on Monday, went back to work, planned the funeral mass and now just sipping some wine before dinner. Dinner with some nearby friends the first few days back.

And much thanks to Sparky. The password cracker in your message worked. And daughter was smart enough to use the same password on both, so no need to get a drive to get into the net book. Now to find the articles that she was writing.

Things are going OK. Next big hump will be visitation and funeral on 6/7 and 6/8. Thanks in advance for the moral support from my friends here.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:This is pretty funny:

[http://tabletograve.com/man-sues-parker-life-wasted-drinking-overpriced-wine/

Hey, if some woman can win a $2.86M judgement against McDonalds because her coffee was hot, why not this? Yes, I know the award got reduced before a settlement. Just sayin'.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

Made it home safely after transporting 30 cases of wine to long term storage 800 miles away....

It was a ton of work to inventory and label each box, then update cellar tracker, load, unload, etc... Still have to update cellar tracker with the updated locations of the bottles remaining at home.

Trying to eliminate the Eurocave (8 case) and second fridge (4 case).

Going to finally relax and have a glass of wine tomorrow night, just in time to leave town on Fri for NorCal #17.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
kylemittskus wrote:This is pretty funny:

http://tabletograve.com/man-sues-parker-life-wasted-drinking-overpriced-wine/

Wait.... this article was posted on April 1st?

ddeuddeg wrote:Hey, if some woman can win a $2.86M judgement against McDonalds because her coffee was hot, why not this? Yes, I know the award got reduced before a settlement. Just sayin'.

There's too much people don't know about this case. This article goes over briefly more of the numbers related with that case, but you should see the pictures from her burns and surgery. There are just so many ways that McDonalds was seriously in the wrong with that ordeal.

bhodilee

bahwm wrote:And so, the plot thickens: I put the travel drive into one of the ports in my computer at school. It looks like everything is there--until I open a folder and find nothing! I also tried to drag the folders, but there is supposedly nothing to copy. Hmmm.

stupid tablet. the good news is that your data is likely just fine and you can get it off with recovery software, which I have on my other laptop and I don't know where it is. I think I recommended it to someone else once though and it worked for them, Doc O maybe?

Linux is an open source operating system that may read your data just fine. I seem to recall you have Macs at home and you likely use PC's at school. If you have Macs at work also, get ahold of a Windows machine and try it there. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll try to find that old laptop and find out what software I used. For us it was a corrupted memory card on a camera.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

Itwdswafo wrote:There's too much people don't know about this case. This article goes over briefly more of the numbers related with that case, but you should see the pictures from her burns and surgery. There are just so many ways that McDonalds was seriously in the wrong with that ordeal.

according to much research I did a year ago about Coffee, it should be brewed between 190 and 205, but NOT held that high, you wanna hold it closer to 130-140 for optimal taste for no longer than 15 minutes in an open top carafe. good link by the way.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Tomorrow will be 14 yrs!

Well, I can beat that.....we were together for 13 year... now married 18 years..... yup together for 30+ years......Had an ASWSOME wedding at Disney... they did all the work!!

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

I would post how long the Blinks have been married but those who have met the lovely Mrs. Blink would undoubtedly accuse me of cradle robbery.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

otolith

We had a nice dinner tonight at a really neat restaurant. Had a glass of wine. Will open a '99 something this weekend. No use opening a bottle we're not going to finish on a school night.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
otolith wrote:We had a nice dinner tonight at a really neat restaurant. Had a glass of wine. Will open a '99 something this weekend. No use opening a bottle we're not going to finish on a school night.

99 in the theme of the nor-cal tasting? :-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bahwm

otolith wrote:We had a nice dinner tonight at a really neat restaurant. Had a glass of wine. Will open a '99 something this weekend. No use opening a bottle we're not going to finish on a school night.

What's the problem with finishing a bottle on a school night?

otolith

bahwm wrote:What's the problem with finishing a bottle on a school night?

My wife has a few sips, and that's it, which leaves the rest of the bottle for me. That works well on the weekend, but not on a night when I have to operate 12 hrs the next day.

And '99 as in our anniversary year.

--John Muir

bahwm

bhodilee wrote:stupid tablet. the good news is that your data is likely just fine and you can get it off with recovery software, which I have on my other laptop and I don't know where it is. I think I recommended it to someone else once though and it worked for them, Doc O maybe?

Linux is an open source operating system that may read your data just fine. I seem to recall you have Macs at home and you likely use PC's at school. If you have Macs at work also, get ahold of a Windows machine and try it there. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll try to find that old laptop and find out what software I used. For us it was a corrupted memory card on a camera.

You are good: we do have Macs at home. I have an HP at school. The travel drive company recommended this: A free utility for OSX can be downloaded here - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/data-recovery-free/id509071310?mt=12 and
the most popular data recovery company is Drive Savers Data Recovery - http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/

I don't know if the utility can read that which cannot be seen. But I'll probably give it a try tomorrow. The other problem is that my Mac barely registers that a travel drive is in its port. I don't consider a nano second good recognition! I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the help.

bahwm

otolith wrote:My wife has a few sips, and that's it, which leaves the rest of the bottle for me. That works well on the weekend, but not on a night when I have to operate 12 hrs the next day.

And '99 as in our anniversary year.

That would leave a lot of wine for one person! Agreed. What time do you start operating? 12 hrs is also a lot of time to concentrate. Thank you for all that you do.

otolith

bahwm wrote:That would leave a lot of wine for one person! Agreed. What time do you start operating? 12 hrs is also a lot of time to concentrate. Thank you for all that you do.

That's why we rarely open a bottle during the week! Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Sparky drinks more wine than me! :gasp:

Start at 7:30a, and if I finish by 6, I'm happy. My body will be more tired than my mind.

And thanks.

--John Muir

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:Well, I can beat that.....we were together for 13 year... now married 18 years..... yup together for 30+ years....

Can't top 30, but unmarried for 29 is close, however that fits in..

CT

rjquillin

otolith wrote:That's why we rarely open a bottle during the week!

^^^^^ THIS calls for an Argon setup if ever I've seen a need.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Sparky drinks more wine than me! :gasp:

Start at 7:30a, and if I finish by 6, I'm happy. My body will be more tired than my mind.

And thanks.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:That's why we rarely open a bottle during the week! Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Sparky drinks more wine than me! :gasp:

And thanks.

What is this drinks wine you speak of?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:Can't top 30, but unmarried for 29 is close, however that fits in..

Hey me too! I'm changing that soon-ish as previously discussed.

BTW- the sherry is with my brother down there... Any time you wish to trade is good. Also PM me with what I owe you on the Iron horse and camron Hughes. I'll subtract and send it to you PayPal. Let me know your Paypal associated email too.

:-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar