MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away, folks!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of May 26

The Unofficial Start of Summer is here! Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

June
6/1: NorCal #17: Classified Bordeaux Tasting
6/1: NoVA/DC #29: Second Annual Picnic By The Pool
6/15: NorCal #18: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
6/15: DFW #?: Sakhuu Thai Please RSVP by June 7.
6/15: SoCal #26: Wine and Burgers

July
TBD: SoCal #27: Sparky & zTimBz Wine Locker Redux (Sukieasa in town)

August
8/24: The Wootception!!!

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Screw tornado warnings at 1:45 a.m. screw them, but happy Memorial Day. Do something nice for a Vet today.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Get your dive suits ready - ocean aging wine

And have a wonderful Memorial day. Remember our heroes.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Screw tornado warnings at 1:45 a.m. screw them, but happy Memorial Day. Do something nice for a Vet today.

But I don't have a pet! And it's not like they make house calls. Although I guess there are some Veterinarians who make horse calls. But why do something nice ... what? Veteran? Oh. Nevermind.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day. Please remember those who gave all for our freedoms.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
cmaldoon wrote:Packed for this weekend:
2003 Corison Napa cabernet
2005 Justlyn Spring Mountain Cabernet
2003 McClean Syrah
2009 Fotinos Bros Pinot
2009 Iron Horse Unoaked Chardonnay
2003 Nicolas Joly Coulee de serrant

^ = she said yes ;-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:^ = she said yes ;-)

With that lineup, how could she say no?

Condolences. Err, I mean Congratulations!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Congrats!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Congrats!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

FINALLY! Everything is booked for our European Adventure to Barcelona, Spain; Oviedo, Spain and Paris, France: flights and hotels. Our friend in Oviedo is good with the timing. Next, to figure our basic daily itineraries, subject to change, of course!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

I don't log on for a day and I miss a case of Wellington?? Dangitt! When's the next woot-off?

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Congratulations!!!

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:With that lineup, how could she say no?

Condolences. Err, I mean Congratulations!

Heck, I'd have said yes with that lineup.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
TBD: SoCal #27: Sparky & zTimBz Wine Locker Redux (Sukieasa in town)

Any details on this? I'll be in town too!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Congrats!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

A call out to the road warriors in Pub-land or anyone else with input. Looking for a flexible carry-on computer bag. Something a little more user friendly than the standard issue briefcase type. Not sure if I want a backpack style. Don't want rollers cause I'll have a carry-on suitcase. Just looking for suggestions or recommendations.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
UBlink wrote:A call out to the road warriors in Pub-land or anyone else with input. Looking for a flexible carry-on computer bag. Something a little more user friendly than the standard issue briefcase type. Not sure if I want a backpack style. Don't want rollers cause I'll have a carry-on suitcase. Just looking for suggestions or recommendations.

Tom Bihn Backpacks -- a little on the pricier side, but will withstand everything short of thermonuclear warfare.

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:Any details on this? I'll be in town too!

Not yet, need to create the thread for it. Depends on when sukeiasa is in town. I'll try to create it this week.

cmaldoon

bhodilee wrote:Heck, I'd have said yes with that lineup.

In honor of your blessing, I may just have to wear a bowtie at my wedding. :-D

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

UBlink wrote:A call out to the road warriors in Pub-land or anyone else with input. Looking for a flexible carry-on computer bag. Something a little more user friendly than the standard issue briefcase type. Not sure if I want a backpack style. Don't want rollers cause I'll have a carry-on suitcase. Just looking for suggestions or recommendations.

Well, it depends on how much you want to carry in it. Backpacks have lots of room, and most of the newer ones that are made for laptops are travel friendly (open in two for easy scanning) so you don't have to take the laptop out.

They also have Laptop/Messenger Bags that are travel friendly, depending on how much room you need, since they are smaller than a backpack.

Targus Checkpoint-Friendly 15.6" Air Traveler Laptop Case $54

Microsoft Edge Messenger Bag for 17.3" Laptops $32

Both have straps to sling over your shoulder.

Edit: Too bad you didn't think ahead and buy one of the Starcraft II Zerg Messenger Bags from one of last year's Woot Offs. Cause nothing says "Geek", like a Zerg Queen.

Note that Checkpoint Friendly bags are handy, in that you zip them open, and don't have to pull out your laptop there.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

she said yes ;-)

congrats!!!!

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

Congratulations!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

And I'll add my congratulations too!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
coynedj wrote:And I'll add my congratulations too!

I'll add my condolences.

Marriage is great, wedding planning sucks though.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
North316 wrote:I'll add my condolences.

If she is anywhere near as organized as he is, this will be a piece of cake for them!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cmaldoon

North316 wrote:I'll add my condolences.

Right now the plan is to not plan for a little while. It'll be an engagement on the longer side.

My Cellar

cmaldoon

otolith wrote:If she is anywhere near as organized as he is, this will be a piece of cake for them!

Shouldn't be too much of a problem for just us... but we have mothers, both of whom could make the process more... Interesting.

My Cellar

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
cmaldoon wrote:Shouldn't be too much of a problem for just us... but we have mothers, both of whom could make the process more... Interesting.

They always do. Even my (former) wife wanted to shoot her Mom, as we got closer to the date.

I would have loaded the gun for her.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bhodilee

cmaldoon wrote:Shouldn't be too much of a problem for just us... but we have mothers, both of whom could make the process more... Interesting.

Get them out as soon as possible. You'll probably need to be more diplomatic than I was with my Mother-in-law, but get them out!

My mom never had an opinion and just said, it's your wedding, do what you want.

joelsisk

cmaldoon wrote:Right now the plan is to not plan for a little while. It'll be an engagement on the longer side.

We had a 4 month engagement. No real need for any long term engagements... If you WANT a long term engagement, that's your business. I think the longer the engagement, the more stress on all sides.

bhodilee

joelsisk wrote:We had a 4 month engagement. No real need for any long term engagements... If you WANT a long term engagement, that's your business. I think the longer the engagement, the more stress on all sides.

mine was five, but my wife had been planning our wedding for 2 years prior to actually being engaged. At LEAST two years.

Edit: the point is, don't stress it, drink Gentleman Jack before the reception and it will be fine.

joelsisk

bhodilee wrote:mine was five, but my wife had been planning our wedding for 2 years prior to actually being engaged. At LEAST two years.

My wife didn't know me for two years prior to our wedding.

Also, we got married in Denver, while living in DC, and both mothers were in SoCal. Needless to say there were a few trips, but the process does not need to be all-encompassing, every waking moment for months on end, like on those reality shows.

Back to the couple at hand... As mentioned by DocO, I'm sure with the organization of those involved, the planning will go like clockwork.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Congratulations!

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:My wife didn't know me for two years prior to our wedding.

Also, we got married in Denver, while living in DC, and both mothers were in SoCal. Needless to say there were a few trips, but the process does not need to be all-encompassing, every waking moment for months on end, like on those reality shows.

Back to the couple at hand... As mentioned by DocO, I'm sure with the organization of those involved, the planning will go like clockwork.

Wasn't she still in Kindergarten at that point?

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Wasn't she still in Kindergarten at that point?

HA! point Sparky

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:HA! point Sparky

Thanks!

I changed it to Kindergarten, because I didn't want people to think a different day care.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

My mother-in-law took complete control over our rehearsal, because she clearly new more than our officiants who had been doing this for 20 years.....

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bahwm

Oh, techie friends of mine...I have a problem: the travel drive that I have been using has somehow gotten totally messed up. Neither my computer not ddeuddeg's will read it. It might show up on the desktop for a nano second and then, whoosh, it's gone and a message pops up that in order to remove a disk safely, one should use the eject button or drag it to the trash. It's tough to eject something that is not showing up! Is there a way to recover these files before I have to totally ditch this travel drive? The drive is called ATV by ocztechnology.com

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Oh, techie friends of mine...I have a problem: the travel drive that I have been using has somehow gotten totally messed up. Neither my computer not ddeuddeg's will read it. It might show up on the desktop for a nano second and then, whoosh, it's gone and a message pops up that in order to remove a disk safely, one should use the eject button or drag it to the trash. It's tough to eject something that is not showing up! Is there a way to recover these files before I have to totally ditch this travel drive? The drive is called ATV by ocztechnology.com

There could be some physical damage to the flash drive. Look at it, but you might not see anything.

Also, have you tried it on another system at work? Or made sure you've restarted both of your computers? (Silly to ask, but it has to be asked.)

You can try the following: first step is to gently apply light pressure to either side of the flash drive while it is inserted.

Make sure the sound on your computer is on so you will hear the “ding” if the connection is momentarily reestablished.

If you do get an indication, you can try to hold your flash drive in the position that causes it to show up.

While you hold it in place, ask someone to access the drive and save your files to your computer.

This requires a steady hand and if you have a lot of data on your flash drive, you might have to hold it in the same position for a long time.

Your only other option is to send it to a reputable data recovery company like FlashDrivePros for a free analysis. Toll Free 888-806-6567

cmaldoon

joelsisk wrote:We had a 4 month engagement. No real need for any long term engagements... If you WANT a long term engagement, that's your business. I think the longer the engagement, the more stress on all sides.

We're at almost 5 years together. We both figure on a 1-2 yr engagement. No rush felt on either side.

As my dad responded when told of the happy news: we had been engaged for a while and we were finally just announcing the obvious.

My Cellar