WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

ONEHOPE Wine Zinfandel (6)

Speed to First Woot:
26m 33.334s
First Sucker:
bpearl
Last Wooter to Woot:
joe3003
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 31% of Wine Woots
Top 48% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 46% of Wine Woots
Top 41% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 5% first woot
  • 6% second woot
  • 21% < 10 woots
  • 24% < 25 woots
  • 44% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 5% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 4% one month old
  • 10% one year old
  • 82% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 87% bought 1
  • 12% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
1%
0%
0%
1%
1%
2%
6%
18%
10%
8%
4%
8%
8%
4%
7%
1%
2%
4%
4%
2%
2%
0%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1587 Private Messages Cesare

ONEHOPE Wine Zinfandel 6-Pack
$66.99 $̶1̶3̶2̶.̶9̶4̶ 50% off List Price
2011 ONEHOPE California Zinfandel

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark



cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of May 26

The Unofficial Start of Summer is here! Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

June
6/1: NorCal #17: Classified Bordeaux Tasting
6/1: NoVA/DC #29: Second Annual Picnic By The Pool
6/15: NorCal #18: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
6/15: DFW #?: Sakhuu Thai Please RSVP by June 7.
6/15: SoCal #26: Wine and Burgers

July
TBD: SoCal #27: Sparky & zTimBz Wine Locker Redux (Sukieasa in town)

August
8/24: The Wootception!!!

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room


No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.




So join or create a WW Gathering!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20


quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

I know there are some reviews for this out there. I wasn't overly impressed by the Pinot but zin is much more forgiving so please tell me all about it.

CT

capitalsfn


quality posts: 2 Private Messages capitalsfn

Random guy on the internet wasn't too impressed:

Were it not for the label stating it was in support of our troops, I probably wouldn't have even picked it up. It is a Rob Mondavi, Jr. venture. A safe bet is what I thought. I was wrong. While I was not expecting it to be a really great wine, I did expect it would be drinkable. I was wrong, again. It was so bad I couldn't even make it through a glass along with the food. I ended up opening up different bottle of wine. It had a vinegar taste and was very bitter. Since I just purchased this bottle from the best wine shoppe in the city, I knew it must just be the wine. I do not recommend this wine.

http://www.bottlenotes.com/wine/one-hope-zinfandel22-2011

stars67


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stars67
capitalsfn wrote:Random guy on the internet wasn't too impressed:

Were it not for the label stating it was in support of our troops, I probably wouldn't have even picked it up. It is a Rob Mondavi, Jr. venture. A safe bet is what I thought. I was wrong. While I was not expecting it to be a really great wine, I did expect it would be drinkable. I was wrong, again. It was so bad I couldn't even make it through a glass along with the food. I ended up opening up different bottle of wine. It had a vinegar taste and was very bitter. Since I just purchased this bottle from the best wine shoppe in the city, I knew it must just be the wine. I do not recommend this wine.

http://www.bottlenotes.com/wine/one-hope-zinfandel22-2011



Rarely do I chime in here - this may in fact be my first post - but that review sounds like someone who a)doesn't really know wines (he may drink a lot of wine - but that is no recommendation) and b) doesn't know a corked bottle when he drinks it...

... and if, as I suspect, he does not know a shiraz from a bag of s***, his review is sour grapes!

Real review required.

smartheart


quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

It is late and I like to get a review up soon after the wine offering is posted by Woot so early birds get some sense of the offering in the morning but I'm running behind. This will be shorter and simpler than my typical reviews.

In part that's because of the hour and the fact I'm tired but it is also because this wine can be judged to some extent according to less detailed criteria than a Zinfandel by Turley or Ridge or some favorite ZAP producer. This wine is priced inexpensively. And its profits, according to OneHope Wine, are divided with an organization that does some good in this world.

So I think the ultimate questions to ask regarding this wine are: Is it enjoyable? Would one buy it again? Would one serve it to guests? Is it a good value? (Of course, wine.woot offerings are almost always quite good to frequently excellent values but you know what I mean.)

Yes, those are fundamental questions that we'd ask about every wine. But with more expensive wines and wines which are promoted solely on the basis of quality, I know I'd also want more details about production and processes than in the case of this wine.

OK..recounting the tasting.....received this 3 days ago allowing at least a bit of a chance to recover from shipping. Poured a glass...color seemed to be a bit "bricky" when first pouring but as the glass filled it was a pretty deep purple with a very, very slight bricky tone. (bricky color, to me, is not necessarily always bad btw). Some legs on the pour.. Bouquet was spicy and fruity.....l let it stand for about 70 minutes as my Vinturi was unavailable.

Finished preparing chicken with barbecue sauce and a separate piece of chicken in tomato sauce. Wine complimented both, perhaps the barbecued portion better.

The wine itself tasted of dark fruit, very slight taste of nuts, perhaps a slight touch of chocolate....and a bit of a tea sense.

I returned to the open bottle two hours later and it was what it had been rather than opening up further.

The wine was certainly drinkable with food tonight. (I do drink red wine often without food and this wine would not be one of those.). It was generally pleasant. I would not serve it at a dinner with true wine lovers but I'd have no problem serving it to a large informal group, particularly at a stand-up buffet. Would I buy it again? I might be motivated to do so, in part by the good cause associated with it. And, particularly since it is summer and many households entertain more, you might want to consider whether you want to buy this offering. yourself.





"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

lahargis


quality posts: 3 Private Messages lahargis
stars67 wrote:Rarely do I chime in here - this may in fact be my first post - but that review sounds like someone who a)doesn't really know wines (he may drink a lot of wine - but that is no recommendation) and b) doesn't know a corked bottle when he drinks it...

... and if, as I suspect, he does not know a shiraz from a bag of s***, his review is sour grapes!

Real review required.



I am with you. The bottle was corked. pfft.

tsunami103


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsunami103

Haven't yet received my order of ONEHOPE Zinfandel from woot, but my husband and I absolutely love the ONEHOPE Zinfandel that we purchased at our local wine shop. It's been a favorite "go-to" wine ever since we first sipped it. It's an every day wine-very drinkable. It sounds like some of the reviewers on this site have experienced corked wine which is unfortunate because this is a great wine!

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

I had this wine over two days this past weekend.unfortunately my detailed notes are on my iPad at home and I won't be able to post them until about noon. The skinny: wife and dad enjoyed it but I didn't so much A simple wine that will appeal to the masses and I remember thinking 10 per bottle about right. I am fairly certain Mega Red or Mega Purple was added. More to follow

"The older I get the better I was"

carolorourke


quality posts: 0 Private Messages carolorourke



http://www.tastings.com/scout_wine.lasso?id=199979

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day. Please remember those who gave all for our freedoms.






Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

onehopemweb


quality posts: 3 Private Messages onehopemweb

We agree. While unfortunate, that sounds like it was a bad bottle and should have been corked and taken back to the wine shop for a replacement.

Incredibly, we've been drinking our supply for some time and I've yet to personally come across a bad bottle but it does happen, to even the best of them.

stars67 wrote:Rarely do I chime in here - this may in fact be my first post - but that review sounds like someone who a)doesn't really know wines (he may drink a lot of wine - but that is no recommendation) and b) doesn't know a corked bottle when he drinks it...

... and if, as I suspect, he does not know a shiraz from a bag of s***, his review is sour grapes!

Real review required.



onehopemweb


quality posts: 3 Private Messages onehopemweb

These men and women are our bravest heroes. We cannot thank them enough. Many leave behind husbands, wives and children. Half of the profits from every bottle of this Zinfandel go to Snowball Express to help bring together the family and children of our fallen heroes. Helping them create new memories while celebrating their lost loved ones.

- Mike

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day. Please remember those who gave all for our freedoms.







onehopemweb


quality posts: 3 Private Messages onehopemweb

Glad to hear you and your husband love it.
Which local wine shop? Thank you for your support!

- Mike


tsunami103 wrote:Haven't yet received my order of ONEHOPE Zinfandel from woot, but my husband and I absolutely love the ONEHOPE Zinfandel that we purchased at our local wine shop. It's been a favorite "go-to" wine ever since we first sipped it. It's an every day wine-very drinkable. It sounds like some of the reviewers on this site have experienced corked wine which is unfortunate because this is a great wine!


losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
onehopemweb wrote:Glad to hear you and your husband love it.
Which local wine shop? Thank you for your support!

- Mike



OneHope: thanks for jumping on board! I'm still curious if mega purple or red were added? Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

One Hope Zin

Color: dark red
Nose: cough syrup, brambles...darker fruit
Taste: simple, not complex, not distinct...not feeling it. A bit RS 
Comments: i venture to say that Mega purple or ultra red have been added...I don't have any scientific proof but my taste buds seem to think so

Day 2 no alcohol, smooth and drinkable but nothing stands out and I have a hard time differentiating this from zins I can buy at supermarket for 10 that are mass produced...

Wife and dad both enjoyed it and would buy if priced right...

So, 60 for 6 delivered would be my guess though seeing that 50% of sales to vets would make it worthwhile at 80 for 6 

"The older I get the better I was"

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
losthighwayz wrote:50% of sales to vets


50% of profits to vets, not of sales.

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
andreaserben wrote:50% of profits to vets, not of sales.



Good catch! Big difference!

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
losthighwayz wrote:One Hope Zin

Color: dark red
Nose: cough syrup, brambles...darker fruit
Taste: simple, not complex, not distinct...not feeling it. A bit RS 
Comments: i venture to say that Mega purple or ultra red have been added...I don't have any scientific proof but my taste buds seem to think so

Day 2 no alcohol, smooth and drinkable but nothing stands out and I have a hard time differentiating this from zins I can buy at supermarket for 10 that are mass produced...

Wife and dad both enjoyed it and would buy if priced right...

So, 60 for 6 delivered would be my guess though seeing that 50% of sales to vets would make it worthwhile at 80 for 6



What does mega purple taste like??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




cortot20


quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
tytiger58 wrote:What does mega purple taste like??



Purple drank.

CT

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
losthighwayz wrote:Good catch! Big difference!


Yeah, but also common sense... since shipping is already offered under cost most likely, the remaining revenue of about 33.50 for 6 bottles would need to cover it also... so we are talking about bottles of wine that would then only leave less than $5 to split between Woot/Amazon, WD, and the winery.

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
cortot20 wrote:Purple drank.


Now I want to see some crafted 100% Rubired variety wine here to try
btw. two (similar) articles featuring some regular faves here:
http://www.winesandvines.com/template.cfm?section=features&content=51033
http://www.beekmanwine.com/prevtopcl.htm

tsunami103


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsunami103

[quote postid="5453669" user="onehopemweb"]Glad to hear you and your husband love it.
Which local wine shop? Thank you for your support!

- Mike[/quote

Believe it or not, it was Bootleggers of all places. Didn't expect to find it there. I first tried ONEHOPE at a restaurant in Portland, ME-Dogfish Cafe and was sold!

boynton4129


quality posts: 0 Private Messages boynton4129

One Hope Winery does great things for our Fallen Heroes Families.

Check this out,
www.snowballexpress.org
https://vimeo.com/61126934

onehopemweb


quality posts: 3 Private Messages onehopemweb

I shot out a note asking if we could get that information from our winemaker, earlier today. It's not information I have on hand unfortunately. I'm curious and will update if I hear back on it.

- Mike

losthighwayz wrote:OneHope: thanks for jumping on board! I'm still curious if mega purple or red were added? Thanks!



onehopemweb


quality posts: 3 Private Messages onehopemweb

Thank you for sharing! Snowball Express is an organization few are familiar with despite their very important impact on children of our fallen heroes. This video is a terrific way for anyone to see the hope they are spreading.

Thank you all, for your love and support.

- Mike


boynton4129 wrote:One Hope Winery does great things for our Fallen Heroes Families.

Check this out,
www.snowballexpress.org
https://vimeo.com/61126934