Cesare

quality posts: 1565 Private Messages Cesare

Copa Del Rey Chilean 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
$49.99 $̶9̶1̶.̶8̶5̶ 46% off List Price
2009 Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

annieo518

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annieo518

Hmm, considering I just finished my last bottle of this from before......its not bad; not great, but not bad

need4mospd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd

I'll help the Copa haters out this time. In for 3.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
Cesare wrote:Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet (6)
$49.99

My wine-buying friends love, love, love this stuff. I've bought dozens of bottles over time, they clamor for more. Can't remember the last time I tasted it myself!

I bought the max & got a confirmation; not sure why it's not showing up in the purchase stats (at least not as I write this).

tuerkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuerkish

Luckily, every woot off has a 3 hour Copa Del Rey window where I can walk away and not pay attention.

Tunes4u

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tunes4u

There is still time/hope....I just need to be patient........sigh

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking wine: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

NaeMo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NaeMo

I just bought another case. Good stuff. I like a wine with flavor and light oak and this has it with no bite. I'm good with that. We are cruising through the last case too quickly.

nuggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuggy
InFrom wrote:My wine-buying friends love, love, love this stuff. I've bought dozens of bottles over time, they clamor for more. Can't remember the last time I tasted it myself!

I bought the max & got a confirmation; not sure why it's not showing up in the purchase stats (at least not as I write this).

You are not alone....In for 3....

I love pulling this stuff out for the large parties and not worrying about $9 to $10 bottles....

And people love it.....

I will keep the high end stuff for small parties with people that really appreciate the Wellington's etc....etc....

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

There would seem to be a never ending supply of this stuff....

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

I can hear Fred sighing all the way to Wisconsin.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
emmabean2000 wrote:I can hear Fred sighing all the way to Wisconsin.

lol

ckendall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckendall

For a casual everyday wine and Friday polish-off-a-bottle-with-the-husband wine, Copa does just fine. I'm in. :-)

enigmaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigmaos
fredrinaldi wrote:pass

Any reason?

fredrinaldi

enigmaos wrote:Any reason?

your kidding right? (or new here)

bunnyh64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bunnyh64

Always in for the Copa, down to two from a woot-off or two ago.

PRH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PRH
fredrinaldi wrote:your kidding right? (or new here)

Well, since the couple who are passing give no reason and several have indicate it is a pretty good value buy, then no, I don't think he is kidding.

mchoffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchoffin

Hell yeah, glad to see this one come up

fredrinaldi

PRH wrote:Well, since the couple who are passing give no reason and several have indicate it is a pretty good value buy, then no, I don't think he is kidding.

the reason I ask is I have expressed my dislike for this wine for months now, every wootoff when this is offered (and believe me it's offered EVERY wootoff) I get kidded about my dislike for this wine.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
fredrinaldi wrote:the reason I ask is I have expressed my dislike for this wine for months now, every wootoff when this is offered (and believe me it's offered EVERY wootoff) I get kidded about my dislike for this wine.

nothing like stalling a woof off

enigmaos

fredrinaldi wrote:your kidding right? (or new here)

Newbie. Not that active.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

For the price, it's always been fine. I think a lot of folks appreciate Copa Cab showing up on wine.woot every now and then. For my wine-soaking, let's-open-just-one-more-bottle friends, I'll take a case, thank you.

krobart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krobart
need4mospd wrote:I'll help the Copa haters out this time. In for 3.

Way to help out! I'm for 2.

bigbear83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bigbear83

I've always been tempted by the relatively low price/bottle. Though I don't think I'm convinced enough just yet to try this out, since the racks are nearly full at this point. Maybe next time...maybe.

hyetylidie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyetylidie

I'm sad I missed the Wellington cab and the SH Barbera yesterday - let's see some more SH, PW, or least likely, CC!

tjhoulihan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan
fredrinaldi wrote:the reason I ask is I have expressed my dislike for this wine for months now, every wootoff when this is offered (and believe me it's offered EVERY wootoff) I get kidded about my dislike for this wine.

WAIT! You mean you DON'T like this wine?

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

One to go...

CT

fredrinaldi

tjhoulihan wrote:WAIT! You mean you DON'T like this wine?

enigmaos

In for one but on the waiting list after finished paying for the purchase??

ronhenry123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronhenry123

someone PLEASE take that last case so we can move on!

rjquillin

99 six-packs o' Copa's been sold...
99 six, you know the rest.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
ronhenry123 wrote:someone PLEASE take that last case so we can move on!

From the post above yours, it appears that someone already has but that woot is having a problem with their servers.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:From the post above yours, it appears that someone already has but that woot is having a problem with their servers.

"search" is still broke too.
is there a Besser or Curly up somewhere?

CT

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

I've bought this often in the past. With the last purchase I realized that as time goes on, I like it less and less.

At times in the past I've described this as kind of what cab from Mirassou or Barefoot should strive to be. I don't like those very much, so I guess I can fairly say that the Copa cab is a quantum better than those.

I guess I've just gotten tired of the Copa cab - or maybe my tastes have shifted. I certainly wouldn't have a problem bringing this to a neighborhood barbeque type of event - most people would like it, I'm sure - but it's not something that's attractive to me anymore.

ronhenry123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronhenry123
chipgreen wrote:From the post above yours, it appears that someone already has but that woot is having a problem with their servers.

i just bought some golf balls and that order went flying thru, no problem. i think the nasty Copa has fouled the system. it can't be that so many are clamering for it that the server is jammed; this is BAD brew.

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
ronhenry123 wrote:i just bought some golf balls and that order went flying thru, no problem. i think the nasty Copa has fouled the system. it can't be that so many are clamering for it that the server is jammed; this is BAD brew.

Then explain why Enigmaos was put on a waiting list to buy the wine. That only happens right after a sellout but before the next item appears.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
noslensj wrote:I've bought this often in the past. With the last purchase I realized that as time goes on, I like it less and less.

At times in the past I've described this as kind of what cab from Mirassou or Barefoot should strive to be. I don't like those very much, so I guess I can fairly say that the Copa cab is a quantum better than those.

I guess I've just gotten tired of the Copa cab - or maybe my tastes have shifted. I certainly wouldn't have a problem bringing this to a neighborhood barbeque type of event - most people would like it, I'm sure - but it's not something that's attractive to me anymore.

sam e happenned to me with Tasi Merlot. Loved at first but over time began to feel indifferent. I think it has to do with these wines being one dimensioonal that at some pint your taste buds get tired of it...as opposed to wines that have more complexity...your buds opick something different every time...

"The older I get the better I was"

whitefacedsimony

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whitefacedsimony

Are there any Woot Cellars reds that are worth snapping up?