$76.99 $̶1̶3̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 41% off List Price
2010 Barbera, Mountain Selection, Amador County
CT link above

Previous offer:
4/29/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

While this is typically used in a sarcastic way, I'm using it for its instructive value. No offense intended to anybody here:

How to find previous offers/discussions when wine woot search is broken

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Scott Harvey Amador County Barbera (5)
Speed to first woot: 5m 53.221s
First sucker: tomatillo
Last wooter to woot: MarkDaSpark
Last purchase: a minute ago

This is the Barbera you want. As an added note, the family (sis & her family, me and my son) tasted Scott's Red vs White (Reserve) Barberas last year, and my nephews and nieces liked the Red label more than the White. Sis, my BiL, and I liked the White label more.

We enjoyed both of them immensely. As did our waitress (we shared them with her, and there was no corkage added!).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

justcallmesomething

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justcallmesomething

Agreed, the last round of this arrived last week and the wife and I very much enjoyed the first bottle. Glad I can double down on this one since I gave one bottle away...

btphillips

quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips
MarkDaSpark wrote:Scott Harvey Amador County Barbera (5)
Speed to first woot: 5m 53.221s
First sucker: tomatillo
Last wooter to woot: MarkDaSpark
Last purchase: a minute ago

This is the Barbera you want. As an added note, the family (sis & her family, me and my son) tasted Scott's Red vs White (Reserve) Barberas last year, and my nephews and nieces liked the Red label more than the White. Sis, my BiL, and I liked the White label more.

We enjoyed both of them immensely. As did our waitress (we shared them with her, and there was no corkage added!).

Totally agree. While the presence of a "reserve" label usually prevents me from buying the non-reserve because I don't want the leavings of what wasn't good enough to make the cut, in the case of scott's wines the mountain selection is a great deal that's priced fairly. It's really just a touch below the reserve and even that depends on your palate. Plus, Scott and Jana are great to random winos at their tasting room.

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg

Will there be any measures to protect today's orders against excessive heat when en route to SoCal? It's the time of year when it can get hot, especially during the drive through the San Joaquin Valley, where it's in the 90's as I write this.

tjhoulihan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan
NedDawg wrote:Will there be any measures to protect today's orders against excessive heat when en route to SoCal? It's the time of year when it can get hot, especially during the drive through the San Joaquin Valley, where it's in the 90's as I write this.

I would be happy to be of assistance. If you will route your delivery through Atlanta, I will sample a few bottles... to be sure they are sound. When the weather becomes more pleasant in the valley, I will send what's left. PM me and I will provide delivery instructions. Rest assured, the weather is just perfect here ;)

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
NedDawg wrote:Will there be any measures to protect today's orders against excessive heat when en route to SoCal? It's the time of year when it can get hot, especially during the drive through the San Joaquin Valley, where it's in the 90's as I write this.

Was ready to pull the trigger when I saw this and thought "Yikes! I'm in Florida. Should I be worried about this too?" Started ordering during cold weather months and hadn't really crossed my mind.

Any help?

tjhoulihan

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Was ready to pull the trigger when I saw this and thought "Yikes! I'm in Florida. Should I be worried about this too?" Started ordering during cold weather months and hadn't really crossed my mind.

Any help?

Absolutely pseudo, I'm happy to assist you too...

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

They seem to be shipping much faster lately, I ordered the RBW Red Blend on May 18th and the Bear Cave Cellars on the May 19th & BOTH have shipped. Thats MUCH faster that usual.

fredrinaldi

someone push me off this fence, a Buy?

pseudogourmet98

I was not satisfied with tjhoulihan's offer of "assistance". I found this in the FAQs:

What about shipping during the summer months? How do I know my wine won't get damaged in the heat?
Because during the summer months, your wine will be shipped with special precautions to keep it in peak drinking condition, whether that means logistical wizardry, faster delivery, refrigerated shipping, or some combination of all three. Wine Country Connect has been helping wineries get their products to consumers come heat, humidity, or dust storm for years now. Just chill. They got this.

In for one climate-controlled shipment to Florida!
Last wooter to woot:pseudogourmet98
Last purchase:a few seconds ago

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg
pseudogourmet98 wrote:In for one climate-controlled shipment to Florida!

But "Summer" in the past (as I recall) was defined as commencing June 1. A lot has changed since then, however.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

This is good stuff. The 06 was amazing (about 22% syrah to this 15%) so I think this should be even better.

The 07 was ruined with 1% port but Scott's got over that particular affliction now 8)

Yes the White label 100% Barberas are even purer and tighter, but these are punchy, bright and lively wines and very worth it.

fredrinaldi

pushed the buy button too late, Oh well live on to fight another day.

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I didn't get on soon enough. Hope you'all enjoy the wine. Wine Drew and I are just setting down some woot cheese and a bottle of this wine.
Cheers

pseudogourmet98

ScottHarveyWines wrote:Hi Everyone,
Sorry I didn't get on soon enough. Hope you'all enjoy the wine. Wine Drew and I are just setting down some woot cheese and a bottle of this wine.
Cheers

Thanks for posting (even if it sold out before you jumped in). Have been hearing wonderful things about your wines since following wine.woot for about 4 months. Bought my first today and am very much looking forward to trying it!
Cheers to you too!

tjhoulihan

pseudogourmet98 wrote:In for one climate-controlled shipment to Florida!

And to think... I was busy making extra space last night...